Building The Perfect Pub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smasha

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Richmond
Prog rock bar and steakhouse.
70s styled prog and blues bands playing everynight and a metal night inbetween.

Stained glass gothy windows and dark wood inside with orange candlelights to give it a cosy feel.

Nothing but Aussie craft beer on tap.

Steak and Nasi Goreng on the menu our specialties.:D

Yeah,I'd go to that pub.

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
Cbd

-Bar (no meals)
-Beer garden
-Stage / live music / comedy
-Pool or table tennis table
-Jukebox
-Premium spirits / fine wine bar
-Lounge
-Dance floor

AFL Club
Fremantle
Live music or comedy is my absolute most hated ******* thing at a venue. Jesus christ. So cringeworthy.

Nothing worse than walking into some new nearby pub on a quiet Sunday, grabbing a beer and then some never-will-be walks up, introduces himself, and plays his clingy originals or 'reimagined' covers. Shut up. A pub is for conversation or quiet relaxation.

mr bagcroft

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
Live music or comedy is my absolute most hated ******* thing at a venue. Jesus christ. So cringeworthy.

Nothing worse than walking into some new nearby pub on a quiet Sunday, grabbing a beer and then some never-will-be walks up, introduces himself, and plays his clingy originals or 'reimagined' covers. Shut up. A pub is for conversation or quiet relaxation.
???

AFL Club
Fremantle
I just hate live bands at pubs.

It's different when there's a bandroom. That's cool. But you pay to see those bands or go there with that purpose, or you willingly know it's a grungey/hip hop venue and it's part of their 'thing.'

But some suburban corner pub who usually have Groove Armada going through the soundsystem who somehow think the punters want some bloke on an acoustic on Sunday... we don't. They drown out conversation, the music is complete garbage (I hate Ed Sheeran enough, why do I want to hear inferior versions of it?), it's tacky. I just hate it.

revo333

All Australian
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Someone who can play acoustic and has a decent voice usually gives a good vibe.

Bands can be very hit and miss in a pub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MilitaryLC

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
I just hate live bands at pubs.

It's different when there's a bandroom. That's cool. But you pay to see those bands or go there with that purpose, or you willingly know it's a grungey/hip hop venue and it's part of their 'thing.'

But some suburban corner pub who usually have Groove Armada going through the soundsystem who somehow think the punters want some bloke on an acoustic on Sunday... we don't. They drown out conversation, the music is complete garbage (I hate Ed Sheeran enough, why do I want to hear inferior versions of it?), it's tacky. I just hate it.
Nothing worse than wanting a chat and a beer and some shit band hops up and blasts your eardrums to oblivion, ruining the atmosphere.

Top Bottom