Gelooong

Senior List
May 30, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows, Womens Crows
So I recently got my first bulk nutrients order and for the price I am very pleased. I decided to go with the 'muscle food 101' supplement but have decided I will try WPC when I finish the muscle food. I've heard the WPC sometimes has some mixability issues (I HATE CLUMPS :straining:) so anyone who has tried can maybe post some insight? I choose the WPC over the WPI cause it is cheaper and I'm only 19 so money is definitely a factor.:) I assume most here would use bulk nutrients.

Also, what flavours do you guys generally go for? Ones that are good, ones that are bad, etc, etc.

I will endevour to try all flavours eventually and will post 'reviews' of each flavour that I try, as I try.:)

So I recently got my first bulk nutrients order and for the price I am very pleased. I decided to go with the 'muscle food 101' supplement but have decided I will try WPC when I finish the muscle food. I've heard the WPC sometimes has some mixability issues (I HATE CLUMPS :straining:) so anyone who has tried can maybe post some insight? I choose the WPC over the WPI cause it is cheaper and I'm only 19 so money is definitely a factor.:) I assume most here would use bulk nutrients.

Also, what flavours do you guys generally go for? Ones that are good, ones that are bad, etc, etc.

I will endevour to try all flavours eventually and will post 'reviews' of each flavour that I try, as I try.:)
The Coffee is really good. If Iced Coffee is your thing I'd definitely recommend it.

Can't really go wrong with Choc either. Out of curiosity what did you find wrong with the muscle food 101?

The Coffee is really good. If Iced Coffee is your thing I'd definitely recommend it.

Can't really go wrong with Choc either. Out of curiosity what did you find wrong with the muscle food 101?

I find the coffee doesn't mix super well
Tastes nice but you end with with a bunch of solid stuff at the bottom
Strawberry is quite nice and seems to mix better

This has got me thinking, why is bulk nutrients so cheap? Are there flaws in quality? Everyone I've spoken to says it's great quality but why is it so cheap compared to other proteins? Do they have any qualifications or certifications? are they independently tested? have there been any research of some sort been done into their products? Aeglos I notice you're quite savvy when it comes to research, is there anything available?

This leads me to my next question, what makes a good protein supplement and does bulk nutrients adhere to these standards?

Love bulknutrients. Been using them since 2014, 4 different postal addresses across 3 states and not once had an issue.

I only went with it cause it was cheaper than WPC but upon further inspection WPC is actually cheaper per serving but it was too late I had already ordered. Also the WPC is pretty much pure protein, whereas the 101 has quite a bit of carbs too but less protein than the WPC. So theres a bit of a trade off. But it occurred to me that carbs arent really a problem as I usually chuck in some oats and banana in my shake too which makes the extra carbs in the 101 obsolete.

Plus more flavours with the WPC. :)

So do most people go with WPC or WPI and why?
Also is raw any good? sounds yuck.

I find the coffee doesn't mix super well
Tastes nice but you end with with a bunch of solid stuff at the bottom
Strawberry is quite nice and seems to mix better
I generally put mine through a blender so I haven't noticed any mixability issues personally. Keen to try Strawberry though. Will get with my next order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has got me thinking, why is bulk nutrients so cheap? Are there flaws in quality? Everyone I've spoken to says it's great quality but why is it so cheap compared to other proteins? Do they have any qualifications or certifications? are they independently tested? have there been any research of some sort been done into their products? Aeglos I notice you're quite savvy when it comes to research, is there anything available?

This leads me to my next question, what makes a good protein supplement and does bulk nutrients adhere to these standards?

I've never really done much research into it tbh
I'd imagine most supplement companies have a massive mark up, Bulk Nutrients have probably just eaten into their mark up a bit in order to get more volume of sales
They've also been around a while which says a lot in a fairly cut throat industry

Bulk get their stuff tested and I've never heard of anyone complaining about the quality of the product

They are pretty cheap, service is excellent, turn around is super fast from order to delivery in my experience.

Main difference between WPC and WPI is the % of protein and the theory is if you have issues with drinking milk or you find WPC upsets your stomach that WPI could be better for you, in general the extra protein per serve doesn't work out better value based on the price so most people tend to stick to WPC unless they have issues

Bulk Nutrients are an amazing company. I bought about 7kg of protein one time but they made a mistake and gave me 2kg of strawberry (was ordering 1kg of differing flavours) I shoot them an email and within 2 days I had 1kg express shipped to my doorstep (Brisbane based) free of charge and also a towel+bottle and mixer thrown in. I've moved on from the protein as I find I get enough from my meals but have since stuck with them for things like joint complex etc. Quality is great and the prices are even better. Would recommend.

Bulk get their stuff tested and I've never heard of anyone complaining about the quality of the product

They are pretty cheap, service is excellent, turn around is super fast from order to delivery in my experience.

Main difference between WPC and WPI is the % of protein and the theory is if you have issues with drinking milk or you find WPC upsets your stomach that WPI could be better for you, in general the extra protein per serve doesn't work out better value based on the price so most people tend to stick to WPC unless they have issues

Conversely they will test other companies products and quite often the other companies come up short with the amount of protein they state on their labels.

I prefer WPI and the cost difference isn't a factor, my stomach doesn't handle milk well so i've always gone with WPI.

So do most people go with WPC or WPI and why?

Also is raw any good? sounds yuck.

I'd say people use raw to add into green smoothies and don't want the sweet taste of a flavored protein.

Maybe this helps as to why they are so cheap, seems they import the products and make the raw products themselves and have cut out the suppliers. Obviously the more links in the chain, each link has their mark up.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/about-us/

Anyone who likes pancakes, i use any of the bulk nutrients protein powder;

50g of oats - blended
1 egg
30g of protein powder
small amount of water

Mix until you get the right consistency

Pour and cook in fry pan - makes 3 decent sized pancakes. Berries and greek yoghurt on top!

p - 39.7g
f - 10.3g
c - 32.4g
Calories 381 (excluding berries and yoghurt)

Conversely they will test other companies products and quite often the other companies come up short with the amount of protein they state on their labels.

I prefer WPI and the cost difference isn't a factor, my stomach doesn't handle milk well so i've always gone with WPI.

I'd say people use raw to add into green smoothies and don't want the sweet taste of a flavored protein.

Maybe this helps as to why they are so cheap, seems they import the products and make the raw products themselves and have cut out the suppliers. Obviously the more links in the chain, each link has their mark up.

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/about-us/

Anyone who likes pancakes, i use any of the bulk nutrients protein powder;

50g of oats - blended
1 egg
30g of protein powder
small amount of water

Pour and cook in fry pan - makes 3 decent sized pancakes. Berries and greek yoghurt on top!

p - 39.7g
f - 10.3g
c - 32.4g

+1 for protein pancakes, I throw a banana in mine in addition to your mix.

Bulk Nutrients actually started sending testing kits out a few years ago because they were convinced some of their competitors were adding milk powder or ash to their proteins to keep the cost down.
Caught a couple of (online) competitors out I believe.

There are only really two wholesale sources for whey for Australian suppliers anyway so as long as a company isn't adding cheaper ingredients to their protein (anything retail with "Bulk" in the label generally has a truckload of added cheap sugar into it like Musashi) you'll be fine.
I use BN quite a lot - service has always been top notch and they earned a lot of trust by sending out kits and letting people test their own protein powders.

PS - I tend to buy unflavoured but will normally keep a flavored kilo at work. Choc Honeycomb is excellent.

Another thumbs up from me. Great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50g of oats - blended
1 egg
30g of protein powder
small amount of water

p - 39.7g
f - 10.3g
c - 32.4g
Literally made one of these yesterday. Was pretty damn good.

I've never really done much research into it tbh
I'd imagine most supplement companies have a massive mark up, Bulk Nutrients have probably just eaten into their mark up a bit in order to get more volume of sales
They've also been around a while which says a lot in a fairly cut throat industry
Yeah I agree. The low prices are likely a reflection on their business model, as opposed to questionable quality.

Doing an order today. Thinking I'll look with WPI over the matrix blend.
So choosing 2 flavours, what should I go with?
Going 1 vanilla to mix with smoothies easier, what's people's preference on the second flavour?

Doing an order today. Thinking I'll look with WPI over the matrix blend.
So choosing 2 flavours, what should I go with?
Going 1 vanilla to mix with smoothies easier, what's people's preference on the second flavour?

If you have a sweet tooth choc honeycomb all the way!

I get their HWPI, works great for me as i have trouble digesting most WPIs.. Vanilla all the way.

Back