Solved Bulk Unwatch Threads

Chief can I have a bit of a sook about “watched threads” here, based on stuff other SFA’ers have said?
OK, you didn’t say no...

Heaps of people, me included, but others more, have heaps of old “watched threads”. I watch lots of threads, including matches and Werewolf, that then become irrelevant. What I should do is unwatch them.

At any one point only a small number are watched. Is it possible to sort out bulk “unwatching”? This would help heaps of people.

Also the red number over the eye representing the watched and unwatched forums button is an irritant.
If red eyes are irritating you, I recommend Visine.

Also, unwatch the threads you have finished with - it's easy.
1. Click on redeye
2. Click on unread threads
3. Check the box next to the threads you no longer want to watch
4. Click on "With Selected" and select "Stop Watching", then Go
5. Click on done
6. Profit.

1. Click on redeye
5. Click on done
6. Profit.

Yikes ... nothing is easy when you're ancient. Just in typing this I fractured another finger. But thanks Mr Bear - it worked.

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears

1. Click on redeye
5. Click on done
6. Profit.

Yes. Until a few days later, they sneak back up again

OK, you didn’t say no...

Heaps of people, me included, but others more, have heaps of old “watched threads”. I watch lots of threads, including matches and Werewolf, that then become irrelevant. What I should do is unwatch them.

At any one point only a small number are watched. Is it possible to sort out bulk “unwatching”? This would help heaps of people.
Not sure if you saw this post Chief. I followed up without waiting for you to say no or something.

Cheers.

You can select and unwatch threads as shown here:

bulk-management-watches.png

Yes. Until a few days later, they sneak back up again
There's a setting somewhere that causes you to automatically watch any thread you've replied to, which would cause the watched threads to accumulate pretty quickly.

Personally I have it turned off, I watch boards instead for general stuff and only watch specific threads that I need to... particular topics I'm interested in, comps I'm running, etc.

CazC30

Far from the madding crowd.
Jan 12, 2017
Essex.
AFL Club
West Coast
Yikes ... nothing is easy when you're ancient. Just in typing this I fractured another finger. But thanks Mr Bear - it worked.
You're not old! If you broke a finger typing then either you're brittle boned or you need a new keyboard.

I had a notification my posts was deleted I have no clue why and no clue by who?

You're not old! If you broke a finger typing then either you're brittle boned or you need a new keyboard.

I had a notification my posts was deleted I have no clue why and no clue by who?
Moved the posts here and removed off topic ones.

Back