Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Given that supercoach & dreamteam are opening tonight, alot of posters from other teams will be coming on this board to get information about our players. So we should keep all questions in here to prevent other threads being derailed.

The main bulldog on most peoples radar would be Brian Lake. If he can get fit he should be good for a 80-90 point average in both competitions. He should be fit for the start of the season, but it is still unsure what role he will play this year.

Our premium player would be Matthew Boyd again this year, and with the new coaches gameplan being focused on 'contested footy' (the area Boyd is elite in) he could increase his average another 10-15 points.

Other players that should be on your radar are- Ryan Griffen
- Tory Dickson (Rookie)
- Christian Howard
- Matthew Panos (Rookie)

Shaun Higgins is always a popular player for fantasy option, but always burns people with his injuries. If somehow manages to play 22 games he should average 90-100, but I personally would not be picking him due to his injuries.

Bulldogs Board Dream Team Competition

Bulldogs Board SuperCoach Competition

Veszpremi? Will he pull his finger out this year? I currently have him in my team, but should I trade him out for someone else?

The problem with Vespremi is that he doesn't have a very big tank. However by all reports he is doing a good pre-season. Watch him in the NAB cup, but I think there is probably better options available.

Veszpremi? Will he pull his finger out this year? I currently have him in my team, but should I trade him out for someone else?

Job security isn't great. There are a few guys going for that 1 position. Probably best to leave him out, imo.

will redpath play or not?

same with clay smith?

and whats dahlhaus doing?

Both Dahlhaus and Clay Smith have been training very well from all reports. I'd expect Dahl to be a mainstay in our best 22, and could very well improve on last year. He averaged 60 something last year, but this year is around the 300k mark, and there may be better options at that price.

I think Clay might get some early games, but who knows if he could keep his spot.

Redpath may get a game, if/when is anyone guess at the moment though.

Okay to put it simply there are only a few genuine Bulldog options at their prices this year

Elites
- Boyd $626,100 MID, (Expensive but while give you value for coin week in week out)
- R Griffen $586,700 MID (More reliable options at his price but will provide you with good scores throughout the year)
- R Murphy $486,900 DEF, (Only ? is age however if anything like his 2011 he will provide you many good scores throughout the year)

Mid Range Prospective Pickups
- Lake $286,900 DEF (A former elite defender of the competition that certainly needs to be considered after his 2010 and prior, could be the 'steal' of the year)
- C Howard $239,400 DEF (Being molded into a spot on the halfback flank, a risk at this price considering his inexperience but could turn out to be a cash cow if he plays enough footy)
- E Wood $308,600 DEF (If he was 70K higher in price I would stay clear but if his disposal efficiency improves in 2012 could be a steal at this price as he gets plenty of football)
- A Cordy $180,000 RUCK (Will cost you a little extra than a normal rookie price however could be a handy bench addition who would play plenty of footy if either Mino or Roughy go down)

Rookie/Bench Options
- C Smith $116,600 MID (From early preseason reports bound to play plenty of footy in 2012 if fit, is handy to have non GWS midfield rookie options)
- M Panos $106,600 FWD (Also bound to play plenty of games of football in 2012 in the new restructured forward setup, could be a handy bench option)
- T Dickson $106,600 FWD (Mature aged recruit who was not drafted to play in the reserves all year, a slight risk however will play in the red,white & blue at some point this year barring injury)
- Z Skinner $113,200 FWD (More of a risk than many forward options at a similar price as the amount {if any} games he plays in 2012 is unknown but could be a smoky option)

{There will be other rookie options that will arise throughout the season they are just the early season options}

Players to avoid getting

-
L Dahlhaus $355,800 FWD (Get at your own risk, dont get fooled by the how beautiful he looks out on that field, he is an enormous risk at this price tag & hopefully as a dogs supporter doesnt suffer 2nd year blues but is possible)
- S Higgins $447,500 FWD (This man has burnt me the previous 3 seasons through injuries and poor form, hopefully as a dogs fan he gets his act together this year but at that price is also an enormous risk due to the factors mentioned previously)

There are many more who I will just list rather than providing examples, most (if not all) will speak for themselves
- R Hargrave - L Gilbee - J Grant - L Picken
- D Morris - J Roughhead - L Jones - L Markovic

Players not mentioned in either of my comments get on your own mercy, of course I am just giving my opinion after many years of supercoach knowledge - suggesting who I believe to be suitable candidates for each category :cool:

How's Howard's job security? Pretty keen on him.

He will be competing for a spot with Gilbee and Hargrave. Im hoping he will be given first crack.

See NAB cup form before you decide on him.

Brodie Moles is an interesting one. Priced at $146,400 as a mid for SC. If he gets early games he could be an under the radar cash cow. It will all depend greatly as to whether he is in BMac's plans or not.

Does anyone have any info RE this. Hows his preseason form? Injury free as far as Im aware...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

Very interested in Jordan Roughead this year as my sneaky ruckman (choose McEvoy before the season started last year and it worked out great).

1) Any concerns injury wise, how has his pre season gone thus far?
2) Can you see him shouldering most of the ruck duties with only Minson and Cordy competing against him?

Also, Ryan Hargrave, love the price but as we all know has had a shocking run with injuries. Any chance he will be on the park in round 1?

Would appreaciate any thoughts :thumbsu:

Hey guys,

Very interested in Jordan Roughead this year as my sneaky ruckman (choose McEvoy before the season started last year and it worked out great).

1) Any concerns injury wise, how has his pre season gone thus far?
2) Can you see him shouldering most of the ruck duties with only Minson and Cordy competing against him?

Also, Ryan Hargrave, love the price but as we all know has had a shocking run with injuries. Any chance he will be on the park in round 1?

Would appreaciate any thoughts :thumbsu:

Personally I think Minson will be shouldering most of the ruck load. Roughead more as a forward type and pinch hitting when required in the ruck. No injury concerns though. :thumbsu:

Hargrave should be on the park round 1. And should have a spot everyweek (depending on form of course) with Morris out injured. Has never really set the supercoach/dreamteam points world on fire but if he can stay injury free and find good form then would be a solid scorer.

How has Gilbee's preseason been. Had a sub par year last year but if he got back to this 2010 form would be a bargain and potential D7 keeper?

If he got back to his best form then yes he'd be a bargain. No issues during pre season training. But will he get back to his best? That is one of the great unknowns. We'll have to wait and see during nab cup.

If he got back to his best form then yes he'd be a bargain. No issues during pre season training. But will he get back to his best? That is one of the great unknowns. We'll have to wait and see during nab cup.

Thanks, I guess a lot will depend on how the new coach sees his role (or not).

For those trumpeting Redpath as a bargain dt/sc pick- remember he is on the rookie list. Just another hurdle for him to overcome in order to get a game.

Personally I think Tutt and Howard may be good value.

Has never really set the supercoach/dreamteam points world on fire but if he can stay injury free and find good form then would be a solid scorer.

:confused:

He averaged nearly a 100 in 2009 which is why he started 2010 as the second most expensive defender in the competition. He is as fit as he has been in 2 years but a lot of risks in taking him. Lake is a better option at about same price.

Probably a silly question, but how has Higgins pre-season been.

IIRC, he started off in the rehab group, and not in full training (could be wrong, it's what usually happens to him :p). Hasn't been much said about him this preseason, surprisingly. Seems to be going along ok though.

Always a risk in DT/SC. Everyone always picks him, then he always gets injured. If you do pick him, be wary :D

IIRC, he started off in the rehab group, and not in full training (could be wrong, it's what usually happens to him :p). Hasn't been much said about him this preseason, surprisingly. Seems to be going along ok though.

Always a risk in DT/SC. Everyone always picks him, then he always gets injured. If you do pick him, be wary :D

Yeah I know. Could be Murphy's law though, the year that everyone doesn't pick him is the year he gets a full and fulfilling season. :D

Hate to give away too much about my Supercoach prospects, but given my sharing nature I will provide some input.

These guys should be on the radar of everyone over the Wizard cup (sorry old habits).

1. Lake: Total bargain, sure there is a risk with fitness high reward though if he's ok.
2. Cordy: Cheap bench/ruck option, not in the starting best 22 as we speak, but could play CHB if need be or third tall forward or defense so should see action this year.
3. Dickson: Mature age, not a lock as we speak for best 22 so watch, coach likes him, and you don't recruit guys like him unless you plan on playing him as a rule. Has impressed at training.
4. Panos: Looks to be the first choice as FF as we speak. Can play up the ground and defense. Happy knack for being in the right spot at the right time, pace a query. If he gets 4 kicks inside 50 put him down for 3 or 4 goals. Can he hold his spot?
5. Redpath: I would probably put him in if he gets elevated, but wait till that happens first. If he does play he's be one to really think about. Massive man lightening fast over 20m. Nick name is Santa (he has a lot of presence). Dual position too.
6. Moles: Doubt he's in best 22 to start the season, but if he gets his chance he would make money capable AFL player and underrated. Ditto Djerrkura (but he’s $100,000 more)
7. Hargrave stays fit he'd make money also. Had a good pre season.

Hate to give away too much about my Supercoach prospects, but given my sharing nature I will provide some input.

These guys should be on the radar of everyone over the Wizard cup (sorry old habits).

1. Lake: Total bargain, sure there is a risk with fitness high reward though if he's ok.
2. Cordy: Cheap bench/ruck option, not in the starting best 22 as we speak, but could play CHB if need be or third tall forward or defense so should see action this year.
3. Dickson: Mature age, not a lock as we speak for best 22 so watch, coach likes him, and you don't recruit guys like him unless you plan on playing him as a rule. Has impressed at training.
4. Panos: Looks to be the first choice as FF as we speak. Can play up the ground and defense. Happy knack for being in the right spot at the right time, pace a query. If he gets 4 kicks inside 50 put him down for 3 or 4 goals. Can he hold his spot?
5. Redpath: I would probably put him in if he gets elevated, but wait till that happens first. If he does play he's be one to really think about. Massive man lightening fast over 20m. Nick name is Santa (he has a lot of presence). Dual position too.
6. Moles: Doubt he's in best 22 to start the season, but if he gets his chance he would make money capable AFL player and underrated. Ditto Djerrkura (but he’s $100,000 more)
7. Hargrave stays fit he'd make money also. Had a good pre season.

As per normal TK, you're spot on the money. I think Cordy will see more action than most people think, and Dickson will almost certainly get every oppurtunity to prove himself. As mentioned Redpath is one to watch when the time comes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back