Bulldogs 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

a
I think it would be rather boring if Matt wasn't on this board.

Brings different views to other people

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
agree but he need not be condescending. MD has great points to make, and I respect his views, but I wish he were more respectful at times. all he does is let himself down. makes him sound like an angry and grumpy school principal who never got to marry the school teacher of his dreams.

a

agree but he need not be condescending. MD has great points to make, and I respect his views, but I wish he were more respectful at times. all he does is let himself down. makes him sound like an angry and grumpy school principal who never got to marry the school teacher of his dreams.

Perhaps spend a little time reading the posts that I get sent to me and then get back to me mate.

Even better perhaps read the post I responded to and see if that contained any condescension to moi :)

Believe it or not I’m a pretty happy guy, just not prepared to be part of this new PC culture and pretend I’m something I’m not.

But moving on perro where do u see us finishing next year?? I honestly have no idea. I think we will struggle but if everything goes ok may just miss finals(which would be a great outcome with this aged list)

Perhaps spend a little time reading the posts that I get sent to me and then get back to me mate.

Even better perhaps read the post I responded to and see if that contained any condescension to moi :)

Believe it or not I’m a pretty happy guy, just not prepared to be part of this new PC culture and pretend I’m something I’m not.

But moving on perro where do u see us finishing next year?? I honestly have no idea. I think we will struggle but if everything goes ok may just miss finals(which would be a great outcome with this aged list)

For the record, I didn't find it condescending, just ignorant. I certainly had a conversation with Schache, as reported, and he was completely unguarded in this chat.

To answer your question regarding where we will finish, I will relay another chat that also "wouldn't happen"...I also spoke with Chris Grant in the carpark after family day and asked him how he thought we'd go this year. He said that he always expects us to challenge and the injuries we have had in the past few years were the main factor that prevented us being a serious contender (he said a lot more that I am happy to share where relevant later). He went on to say that the group this year are fantastic and there is a really good feeling. He reinforced this a couple of times. He said if we can remain healthy and get our best players on the field, we will be a shot. With this echoing in my head, I will boldly predict a premiership.

Fair response mate so all good

I won’t back away from the point I made that I don’t believe your record of the conversion is accurate of that Schache said he will play traditional FF. Apart from the accounts of his training and structure being him playing the “Nick” role he simply doesn’t have the tools to play FF in modern footy and to not use his amazing endurance for his size is an inept decision I doubt the club would make.

Your call on a flag is positive and while I disagree it’s all guessing at this time of year. If we make the 8 with this age profile I’d be more than happy but I can’t see us being a realistic challenger. Let’s hope you are indeed correct but we aren’t coming off a 2015 like season this time

Ps taking to Turtle about how he thinks the team will go is nothing like a player telling you structure and planning for the year coming up mate.

Fair response mate so all good

I won’t back away from the point I made that I don’t believe your record of the conversion is accurate of that Schache said he will play traditional FF. Apart from the accounts of his training and structure being him playing the “Nick” role he simply doesn’t have the tools to play FF in modern footy and to not use his amazing endurance for his size is an inept decision I doubt the club would make.

Your call on a flag is positive and while I disagree it’s all guessing at this time of year. If we make the 8 with this age profile I’d be more than happy but I can’t see us being a realistic challenger. Let’s hope you are indeed correct but we aren’t coming off a 2015 like season this time

I perhaps misrepresented the relaying of Schache's comment, with the use of 'traditional'. That was my language, to say that we will have two tall targets playing predominantly forward in partnership. I see this as more conventional to what we have set up as in recent years, hence traditional. He certainly will move be expected to spread and use his tank, as will Boyd.

For a forward line to work I think you need 4 guys who can kick 30-40 goals each, with another few who can play decent roles elsewhere on the ground. In 2016 we have Dickson, Picken, Clay Smith and Stringer kicking goals, while all could take a turn through the middle. Boyd played 2nd ruck, and in the finals Cordy doubled as a defensive-minded player.

We've failed in the last two years with this, with Dickson cooked, Jake and Clay gone, and Picken looking very uncertain.

That said:
Schache - was on track to kick 30 this year. Has the potential to bring his averages up to 15 touches/6 marks, while kicking 35-40. He's within grasp of that, and it would be huge.
Gowers - lacks the cleanliness of Dickson, but has a bit of mongrel about him. Can take a few mins in the midfield too. Kicked 26 goals in 20 games. So if he can push that up to 35 and stay 10% more involved in the play, then he will be another.

So to really push ahead we need 2 more hitting those levels from Boyd, Picken, Dickson, Cavarra, Lloyd, Greene, Lipinski et al.

I would be playing Boyd deep forward while providing a chop out to Trengove in the ruck. Kicking 30 goals may not be attainable, but it would be huge. He needs to stick in this position the whole year, and not play #1 ruck at all.

I think Picken and Dickson are done, but I would use the 4th position for the most in form out of Cavarra, Greene, and those two pending injury.

I think Lloyd and Lipinski would then be part of the midfield rotation, and along with Bont, Williams and MacLean, would provide a chop out for the main 4 forwards.

FF: Gowers, Boyd, Cavarra/Greene
HF: Lloyd, Schache, Lipinski

TLDR Schache and Gowers need to continue building, Boyd needs to take a step forward, and another option needs to emerge.

With a half decent run with injuries I expect us to finish somewhere between week 2 and 3 of the finals.

A much more balanced list this years and the assistant coaching group are more experienced and appear in more suited roles.

Its the quality of midfield that could see the quick rise with or without Libba. With a fit and firing Libba would see us at least making the second last weekend

For a forward line to work I think you need 4 guys who can kick 30-40 goals each, with another few who can play decent roles elsewhere on the ground. In 2016 we have Dickson, Picken, Clay Smith and Stringer kicking goals, while all could take a turn through the middle. Boyd played 2nd ruck, and in the finals Cordy doubled as a defensive-minded player.

We've failed in the last two years with this, with Dickson cooked, Jake and Clay gone, and Picken looking very uncertain.

That said:
Schache - was on track to kick 30 this year. Has the potential to bring his averages up to 15 touches/6 marks, while kicking 35-40. He's within grasp of that, and it would be huge.
Gowers - lacks the cleanliness of Dickson, but has a bit of mongrel about him. Can take a few mins in the midfield too. Kicked 26 goals in 20 games. So if he can push that up to 35 and stay 10% more involved in the play, then he will be another.

So to really push ahead we need 2 more hitting those levels from Boyd, Picken, Dickson, Cavarra, Lloyd, Greene, Lipinski et al.

I would be playing Boyd deep forward while providing a chop out to Trengove in the ruck. Kicking 30 goals may not be attainable, but it would be huge. He needs to stick in this position the whole year, and not play #1 ruck at all.

I think Picken and Dickson are done, but I would use the 4th position for the most in form out of Cavarra, Greene, and those two pending injury.

I think Lloyd and Lipinski would then be part of the midfield rotation, and along with Bont, Williams and MacLean, would provide a chop out for the main 4 forwards.

FF: Gowers, Boyd, Cavarra/Greene
HF: Lloyd, Schache, Lipinski

TLDR Schache and Gowers need to continue building, Boyd needs to take a step forward, and another option needs to emerge.

Like this, though DO NOT write off Picken or Dickson. Question marks hover over them, but they and the club are working diligently to get themselves in the best shape possible.

point taken that you get crapped on alot for no reason many times. i often laugh at your responses, they are funny!

anyway, moving along. i am always an optimist. last year i thought we would be on the up in the 8, but it was a bad year. premiership hangover going on for another year, some very unhappy players (dhal-arrivederci will always remember your 2016 and before) and many injuries. if injuries are minimal, then i think we can make the 8. the competition is very even, i think. players are maturing and getting stronger. i like schache, i think boyd may come out of his shell. i like the core midfield in bont, mclean, mccrae, libba, hunter, jong (kboom), etc. i like the look of the backline. my worry is the forward line. but as some have said in the past that as long as the ball gets into the forward line someone scores. i like smith alot and west. i think english will develop well. we also have some good developing players (young, gowers, green, dale, little diego, etc.) all in all the club looks in good shape into the medium term future. i like bevo too. but have no inside info. so my assessment is subjective, but i think we are definitely on an upwards curve, particularly given the last 3 or 4 games we played last season. so i think we are a 60-70% chance of making the 8, 30-50% the 6 and 10-20% the top 4. luck and no injuries is a must.

Because I’m aware I bother people with my opinions and honesty in today’s leftist PC world but I do not care for that world so won’t live in it. That on their eyes makes me an a$$ mate

But I have respect for some on here and you make that list(which I’m sure makes your day lol). You and ours have a great and more importantly safe NY mate anc let’s hope 2019 is a great year for all dog fans and a some stage we can have a huge group hug and eat some vegan sausages together.
OK good on ya and Happy New Year
:rainbow::rainbow:

Of course I wouldnt insult anyone to their face that was unsolicited. but if I was asked a direct question I’d answer it even in their presence. Go ask Brad Murphy how I answered him when he arrogantly asked me why I think he didn’t get more of a crack at the dogs.

Call me up on it all you want but you don’t know me so don’t assume I’m a sheep and live by rules others do mate.

BUT LETS NOT DERAIL ANOTHER THREAD

Have a safe an happy night and see in in 2019

And I never said we had no ACLS in 2017 I said the ones we had didn’t derail our year and that is true and I stand by it. About the tenth time you have told that lie I await the I said we would lose the last 9 games on 16 again. Stop twisting my words mate

I am new to this site, but have been a prolific writer and supporter in many other areas, online and otherwise, for many years. I have seen the best and worst of people, be it arrogant, ignorant, misguided, emotional or the anthesis of these. So, my receptors are alert when I receive a response straight off the bat from you Mattdougie, questioning the integrity of a conversation I had. We have dealt with this in a previous post, so I hope you can remember that as we move into 2019 and be respectful in your communication, just in the manner that you have asked Manis to not assume things about you.

I have a feeling that you and I will be able to have some great discussions/debates from here on, if you can maintain a respectful and open-minded attitude. Heck, you may even learn some things and develop your character! ;) Happy New Year MD and go doggies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back