Pick 17 - Cody Weightman
Pick 24 - Sam De Koning
Pick 37 - Thomson Dow

Geelong
Pick 15 - Fischer McAsey
Pick 17 - Cody Weightman
Pick 24 - Sam De Koning
Pick 37 - Thomson Dow
That'd be a fantastic hand for geelong 2 key defenders with De koning the slower developer of the 2. A great small forward and some midfield depth. Kelly trade automatically replenishes their aging list

Can we bid on gold coast Academy players or did the afl block that?

That'd be a fantastic hand for geelong 2 key defenders with De koning the slower developer of the 2. A great small forward and some midfield depth. Kelly trade automatically replenishes their aging list
Funnily enough, McAsey and Weightman both look like great prospects for our Pick 13, and De Koning is exactly the player I think we would've gone for if we still held our 2nd rounder. All three are real Bulldogs picks imo

Yeah i wanted budarick. Damn.
Yeah those concessions were incredibly generous this year. Budarick realistically should've been bid on around Pick 25-30 if he was in the draft, plus you can add in Noah Anderson and whoever they get with Pick 20. And that's just for this year...

So i think this guy could fill the role heath shaw plays but with the added ability to play on any of the other lines as well.

GWS PICK #41

Darcy Cassar

Western Jets/Vic Metro | Medium Utility
31/07/2001 | 183cm | 79kg

As a bottom-ager last year, Cassar thrived as a half-forward/wing who would move the ball in transition and show power in his running to be able to impact for his side going inside 50. He is capable of hitting the scoreboard while playing in the forward half, but as he has shown so far in season 2019, he is just as adaptable in defence. Cassar has spent the season in the backline for the Western Jets, averaging a massive 28.2 disposals, 6.8 marks and 6.9 rebounds per game. He has added that element to his game, and expect him to be a versatile player at the national championships for Vic Metro, playing up whichever end is required of him, while also being able to play in the midfield.

Damn, with that Cassar pick that's all of Snarls' list gone.

Gave me 5 names, and all 5 have been taken in the last 5 picks...

1. Cameron Taheny
2. Mitch O’Neill
3. Thomson Dow
4. Fraser Phillips
5. Darcy Cassar

So with that, we wait for Snarls Barkley to be available from work to make their pick. Might not happen until overnight

Damn, with that Cassar pick that's all of Snarls' list gone.

Gave me 5 names, and all 5 have been taken in the last 5 picks...

1. Cameron Taheny
2. Mitch O’Neill
3. Thomson Dow
4. Fraser Phillips
5. Darcy Cassar

So with that, we wait for Snarls Barkley to be available from work to make their pick. Might not happen until overnight
What are the odds!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty torn between two players here, but I'm going to go with the Papley replacement:

Pick 43: Jack Mahony

Missed a chunk of this year with a hand injury, but returned for the Combine and put up huge results. His footy smarts, agility and creativeness on field are all complemented by a huge work rate. He's easily in my top 30 this year, and is pushing for top 25. Can see him starting out as a small forward/flanker before finding his way into the midfield at various times throughout a game (Gresham, Papley type). Knowing that Papley is almost certainly gone next year, I had to take Mahony here.

I have control of West Coast's picks, and know who I'm taking in a few selections time if he's still there

weltschmerz you're up

I was torn between three, but two of them were Ruscoe and Mahony, so my choice was made for me.

Pick 44: Fremantle: Mitch Georgiades

He’s been out wth an injury, but too talented to ignore. Explosive, high-flying tall forward and approved by the Freo board.

Boyd oh Boyd
Nooooo :( Was hoping he'd keep sliding. Hope we can get him with the Dogs 3rd rounder in the real thing

Pick 45- Dyson Hilder. Complements Worrel's intercepting well as a good lock down tall. And I feel like I'm doing this wrong if Adelaide don't take any SA boys.

Back to you Virgin Dog

Nooooo :( Was hoping he'd keep sliding. Hope we can get him with the Dogs 3rd rounder in the real thing
Plenty hoping he'd last a few more picks.

Picking for West Coast this time.

Pick 46: Ben Sokol

Long overdue, he's is one of the best mature age prospects in the country, and has been embarrassing WA defenders all year. I've been raving on about him on the Drafts and List Management threads for a while now, and just can't pass him up now. I can see him playing a similar role to LeCras, where he's a medium forward that plays tall, yet could realistically roam all over the ground. He's a fantastic kick of the footy, incredible overhead, and I really hope he can last to the Dogs as a long term Dickson replacement.

In West Coast's case, I feel they have less immediate needs than any other side, but if I had to pick something it's probably a lack of elite midfield talent in the 18-23 year age bracket. At this point of the draft, not much can be done to address that, so I'm going with the guy who I feel has slid way too far.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back