Gold Coast Pre-Select
Connor Budarick
Matthew Conroy
Malcolm Roasas Jnr
Hewago Paul Oea
Fitzroy Greenwool
Josh Gore
Ashton Crossley
Sorry so late but I believe the date for prelisting has been finalized and Oea is an international rookie so can’t play AFl. Greenwool has been rumored to have signed with VFL clubs so probably the last two are still available

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry Yojimbo but I can't justify taking a tall forward for West Coast when there's guys like Brander and Waterman playing in the twos, so I won't take Sharman

Pick 71: Riley Garcia

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After St Kilda's extensive trade period it's hard to suggest they need much of anything, but with the likes of
Billings, Gresham, Kent, Sinclair, Hind, Long, Lonie, Butler and now Anthony Scott they have small to high
half forward well and truly covered.

Note: On a serious note I apologise for interrupting the mock draft on more than one occasion, but I do
rate Cooper Sharman as a player he has already grown to 194 cm and has massive upside the last
half of every mock this year has been hard.

Scott is versatile and is ready to go which fits in with the strategy they have embarked on because they want instant improvement next season and that includes some depth in the list.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Scott is versatile and is ready to go which fits in with the strategy they have embarked on because they want instant improvement next season and that includes some depth in the list.
I like Anthony Scott in fact I hope he goes to the dogs, Dicko and Lloyd both getting on could be a good fit.
St Kilda took Robbie Young as a mature small forward last year and have already delisted him and come to
a financial settlement so that ship may have sailed.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Northernsoul74 you have two more picks to finish the draft
Melbourne are only going to use one of these as most likely upgrade Dunkley or make sure there’s a spot for Bennell.
With the final pick Melbourne take forgotten man San Lowson. Tipped to be first picked in the mid season draft until injury hit. Small forward, ready to go.

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like Anthony Scott in fact I hope he goes to the dogs, Dicko and Lloyd both getting on could be a good fit.
St Kilda took Robbie Young as a mature small forward last year and have already delisted him and come to
a financial settlement so that ship may have sailed.

Also, I have limited knowledge of the prospects available at late picks. The net only provides sketchy info and some of them appear to have only limited exposure at the premium under age comps. I couldn't see any Mitch Honeychurch's who we got with pick 60 but had been a significant participant in TAC and national champs. So I went with one that I know something about.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne are only going to use one of these as most likely upgrade Dunkley or make sure there’s a spot for Bennell.
With the final pick Melbourne take forgotten man San Lowson. Tipped to be first picked in the mid season draft until injury hit. Small forward, ready to go.
Sam Lowson and Bennell would be DFA or pre-listed player as you might want to eject that cassette quickly
if things don't work out.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Also, I have limited knowledge of the prospects available at late picks. The net only provides sketchy info and some of them appear to have only limited exposure at the premium under age comps. I couldn't see any Mitch Honeychurch's who we got with pick 60 but had been a significant participant in TAC and national champs. So I went with one that I know something about.
Past Pick 30 we are all chucking darts mate, I like Anthony Scott as a player. :thumbsu:

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No I hadn't, honestly haven't heard of him - what position does he play?
He made the WAFL colts "Team of the Year" and was named alongside the great Luke Jackson in the rover
position, but at 183 cm probably a transition balanced mid who hits the scoreboard would be more
accurate I always check out the underage teams of the year because it can show or help show
consistency of performance.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think this draft runs deeper than people give it credit for. There are even players I'd be excited for as rookies. Ronin O'Connor, Harrison Magor, and Ajang Ajang are all people I'd really happily take if this continued to a rookie draft.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think this draft runs deeper than people give it credit for. There are even players I'd be excited for as rookies. Ronin O'Connor, Harrison Magor, and Ajang Ajang are all people I'd really happily take if this continued to a rookie draft.
Yes and no, weak in certain areas teams will prefer DFA's and a heap of spit swappers where it makes little
difference who you pick, lots of "Black boots basic" types.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Midfielders are pretty crap in this draft for the most part outside the first round, but I think there are definitely some interesting types to be found later. May not bat as deep as normal, but some medium sized defenders, small forward and forward flankers look pretty exciting

No I hadn't, honestly haven't heard of him - what position does he play?

I think he drives the n Mario Kart

image.png

Sorry so late but I believe the date for prelisting has been finalized and Oea is an international rookie so can’t play AFl. Greenwool has been rumored to have signed with VFL clubs so probably the last two are still available
Some prospect sign with VFL teams and still get taken in the draft, they do it incase they don't get selected

So Greenwool still falls under Gold Coast Zoning and this is a mock draft so cut off dates aren't improved esp when we start 2 weeks after it happened haha

I was considering Ajang Ajang at my last pick

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Interesting seeing some of the players and where they fell.

• We had Flanders at 5, but he went at 11
  • We had Pickett at 28, he went at 12
  • We had Robertson at 14, Sharp at 18, Gould at 11, Taylor at 12, Worrell at 16 but all remain undrafted so far
  • We had Day at 25, he went at 13
  • We had Bergman at 23, he went at 14
  • We had Philp at 36, he went at 20
  • We had Dow at 37, he went at 21
  • We had Georgiades at 44, he went at 18

Interesting seeing some of the players and where they fell.

• We had Flanders at 5, but he went at 11
  • We had Pickett at 28, he went at 12
  • We had Robertson at 14, Sharp at 18, Gould at 11, Taylor at 12, Worrell at 16 but all remain undrafted so far
  • We had Day at 25, he went at 13
  • We had Bergman at 23, he went at 14
  • We had Philp at 36, he went at 20
  • We had Dow at 37, he went at 21
  • We had Georgiades at 44, he went at 18
Georgiades is the biggest shock imo
Reckon Port could have got him later as well

Back