Competitions Bulldogs board phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Boston (QLD – Mid/Fwd)
Height: 180cm, Weight: 75kg, DOB: 23/03/1994
Recruited from: Broadbeach

from knightmare

Profile: Boston is one of the better Queensland talents and has really impressed with a strong u18 champs. Boston can play either through the midfield or forwardline and stood out with his ball use. Uses it well, duel sided and decision making ability good. Boston is also a big accumulator and can win his own ball.

cross#4 ur up

Pick 45 - Spencer White

AjsGuns

Pick 48 - Port Adelaide
Clay Cameron - 191cm 83kg

Even though he's zoned to GC, and they've taken him, it doesn't count in this :p. Cameron can play back or forward, but for Port, he'll be in the backline. He's a very good mark, and has a good leap on him. He's a pretty good kick, and has great athletic capabilities.

Dannnnnnnnnn

Pick 49 - Brisbane - Louis Herbert
186cm, 70kg
HERBERT-Louis-2012.jpg

Louis is probably more of a long-term prospect, but we are really happy to have him on board nonetheless. Has some of the best foot skills in this year's draft, making him a steal at pick 49. A veryathletic forward, when Louis is on fire he's on fire. Great pace and marking ability.

VitalDread

due to my mother boarrd failing, can Ant or Igloo do my pick for me since i'm on my phone and can"t do enough research

i would like a ruckman or a midfielder if possiable

Pick 50 - Richmond - Sam Lowrie

Big bodied midfielder who can play inside and out, and also has the ability to go forward. Decent pace, and can win a lot of the ball.

Ridley This

Pick 51 - Mason Wood
(VIC – Fwd/Util) Height: 190cm, Weight: 78kg, DOB: 13/09/1993

Kevin Sheehan says: “Left footed tall forward who presents well on the lead and is strong overhead. Averaged 13 disposals for Vic Country this year in the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with his best game against their arch rival, Vic Metro. Has elite endurance and work rate and is capable of playing as a wingman as well. Has clean hands, good vision and excellent awareness.”

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/147982/default.aspx

Profile: Wood is a versatile, athletic overager who has played some really good footy this season. Very high level endurance runner. Has some talent to him and he can have a real influence on the game at times. Good finisher around goal and when given the chance can hit the scoreboard. Strong overhead. Ball use when working for him can be very good but still lacking some consistency at times.

Unknown_Caller
(I don't know how to tag, lol)

James Stewart

Profile: Potential Collingwood Father Son selection who Collingwood elected not to take. Stewart is a long term prospect who still physically has a long way to go. Has played most of his footy either as a key forward or on a wing to this stage but also looks very capable as a key defender and to be honest this is where I see him making a position his at AFL level. Stewart as a key forward often looks lost not knowing where to run, often standing around and just doesn’t influence games enough mostly playing as a tallish flanker, certainly doesn’t scream “focal point key forward” at this early stage and if he is to make it as a key forward it would be on the basis of superior work rate and his work at ground level. Down back on the other hand Stewart looks a lot more natural with his ability to read the ball down back, mark strongly and kick accurately to a target down the field. Intuitively he seems to know when he can leave his opponent and looks a class above down back which is interesting for someone who has played mostly as a key forward/wing as a junior. Skill level is excellent for a key position player and by foot is particularly good – duel sided, can find targets over a range of distances and his long kicking in particular is excellent, but at times the consistency has been lacking by foot despite his good kicking action. Stewart is very clean for a tall lad below the knees and can easily pick the ball up cleanly without any difficulty. When he has ball is hand shows great poise and can easily spin out of tackles, never really looking phased when pressured. Athleticism impressive and for someone at his height and is incredibly mobile for a tall. Willing tackler and will give those 2nd and 3rd efforts. What impresses me is his ability to read the play and read the ball in the air, it’s a real feature of his game. Strong mark overhead but I don’t see him ever developing into a dominant contested marking presence which makes me favour him as a defender even with the knowledge that the Collingwood key defence group is far superior to that of the key forward group.

j0rdy1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda select Harley Walshe.

Knightmares write up
Tall key defender best known for his shutdown game and has had success against many of the better TAC key forwards in Daniher and Membrey demonstrating that he might have something. Nice height for a key defender and has demonstrated good closing speed and ability to play close, accountable football to a high level. Rebounding game can improve but as a shutdown player there is plenty of promise.

Was not my first choice as I was going to select Stewart but still happy as it fills the void of KPD as Jaksch should develop into a good KPF to replace Riewoldt when the time comes.

fronkalicious

Pick 56 - Fremantle - Michael Close (KPF)

Strong marking forward with very good endurance for his size. Despite already taking Shaw ealier am taking another big tall here as Fremantle despite having a good list to work with are really lacking Key position propects for the post Pavlich/McPharlin period.

GoDoggies

Pick 57 - Nick Rodda (194cm defender - West Perth)

I'm gonna go with a tall defender for the Eagles here to cover Glass when he's gone and also if Mitch Brown leaves next year. They already have decent KPD stock but Rodda will add to that. Also a WA boy which helps and a really good size.

100action

Pick 58 - Jacob Ballard (185cm - medium mid)

Good tank and decent skills, averaged 17 disposals and 70% efficiency in the champs. Had a very good game against tassie where he had 28 touches and kicked a goal, can also play as a rebounding defender.

Dogs_r_barking

Adelaide: (From Knightmare's draft)
Harley Montgomery (SA – Def/Mid)
Height: 177cm, Weight: 70kg, DOB: 20/02/1994
Recruited from: Sturt
Style:
Player comparison:
Range: 30-70
Profile: Montgomery stood out down back with his consistency throughout the u18 championships. I really liked both the offensive and defensive sides to his game. Defensively Montgomery showed that he can shut down his man. Also really liked a lot of Montgomery’s rebounding game. Marking ability down back is good and has shown the ability to read it well down back but also take marks 1v1 and going back with the flight which has been impressive. What also stands out with Montgomery is his pace and ability to run out of defence as well as his kicking ability which mostly is very well weighted and on target. Montgomery while he played exclusively down back throughout the u18 championships also has shown the ability to play through the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back