Competitions Bulldogs board phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

i'll send MD1 + MD2 and i'll throw in Pick 1 for Vez, Sherman and Marko :D

Igloo give me a heads up when you want me to get the ball rolling. do you just want our picks or a description as well?
Start whenever you're ready :thumbsu:

A short description for each player would be good.

Pick 3 - Jack Viney

Pick 4 - Jonothan O’Rourke

AjsGuns

Western Bulldogs:

Pick 5 - Brodie Grundy

Pick 6 - Sam Mayes

Igloo

Ill include a quick rundown when i get home.
Great selections. If Grundy is there, we just have to take him. Best player available, not drafting for need.

If it means we end up trading campbell of Minson down the track, so be it.

And Mayes is a surgeon with the footy.

Melbourne taking o'rourke was a great selection too.

its fair to say that fitzroybulldog would pick Lachlan Whitfield with pick 1

so i pick Jimmy Toumpas @ 2

cross#4 your up

Woah, don't take the please of announcing my number one pick away from me! i'm tempted to change it now :D.

Officially as a representative of the GWS Giants i would like to announce that Lachie Whitfield has been chosen as number 1 in this year (bulldogs board phantom) 2012 AFL draft. After much deliberation (especially the dire need of ruck stocks - Grundy) Whitfield won out, impressing us with his incredible endurance, sublime skills on both feet, his ability not only to make good decisions under pressure, but determination to win his own ball and take the contest head on. His footballing 'smarts' was also seen as a prized asset, something that will surely elevate him into the footballing elite in years to come.

Hold on, we don't know if fitzroybulldog was going to pick Whitfield. He could have chosen Grundy. We'll wait for his selection.

it was a hard choice, i've always been a big fan of the 'footballers' not the 'athletes that play football' that why i picked Whitfield. it was always between Grundy and Whitfield.

Alright, now that's done :) and damn you AjsGuns, I was going to take Mayes.

Pick 7 - Port Adelaide - Jackson Macrae

Yes, I was thinking of going with Stringer purely out of man-love, but I think Macrae would suit Port well. Wins his fair share of the ball, and uses it well. Very attacking player, kicks goals, very agile. His star has been rising this year, with his form improving rapidly. Ended the year on an extremely high note, which has been getting everyones attention.

Dannnnnnnnnn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait a sec, are you guys going to continue with this phantom draft knowing it can't be like that on draft day because Viney is going at pick 26, not 3? And GWS now have picks 1, 2, 3, 12 and whatever else?

If it's done for pleasure that's fair enough but I can't see how it's instructive any more. And isn't that the point of phantom drafts?

Wait a sec, are you guys going to continue with this phantom draft knowing it can't be like that on draft day because Viney is going at pick 26, not 3? And GWS now have picks 1, 2, 3, 12 and whatever else?

If it's done for pleasure that's fair enough but I can't see how it's instructive any more. And isn't that the point of phantom drafts?
Going on the draft order before trade week. It's just for a bit of fun, so I think it's alright to keep it that way.

yeah i was just thinking that, maybe we wait and restart after trades are done. and since i'm GWS i'd like the feeling of making out like a bandit child in a candy shop.

Richmond- Pick 9 Jake Stringer
i picked him to annoy Igloo for making me be Richmond

Solid Forward, that has played in the VFL this season as the 23rd man
Kicked 6 goals one game
Will help Jack improve with a second option down forward.

Oliver Wines. Here's Knightmare's decription of him

Wines is a really good all rounder and a real footballer who attacks the ball hard and more often than not comes out with it. Good ball user by both hand and foot and decision making ability and for an inside player has rare composure and regularly chooses the right option in a variety of situations. Good finisher around goal. Excellent at reading the play and gets into the right positions. Wines is already very physically developed, big ball winners who can step into an AFL team from round one and play some good football. Wins all the clearances and contested ball and is a guy you can rely on, on the inside to get the job done. Tackling game good. He isn’t a standout athlete but his endurance is elite and will be in the very top percentile and his work rate is a real selling point to his game. Also really like his tackling technique – he pins the arms and stops the opposition player from being able to move the ball on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back