Remove this Banner Ad

Oops, took someone already taken.

Pick 60- Hawthorn- Sam Siggins

Profile:
Club: Lauderdale (TAS)
Height:194 cm
Weight:86 kg

Kevin Sheahan says

“A tall rebounding defender who has very clean hands below his knees and likes to attack from half back. Has the ability to play a number of different roles on either a tall or small opponent. Played two games for Tasmania at the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships where his leadership qualities were excellent, as was his ability to compete in the air. Currently playing senior football with Lauderdale.”

Chris25 says

I've been burnt by Tasmanian tall defenders in the past, but for some reason I just like the way they play. So I'll stick to my guns, and hope Siggins can help even out the score. The first thing you notice about him is his size, he is almost a perfect size for a KPD - he has the body to mix it up with the genuine tall forwards. Watch him play though, and he moves well enough to play as a third tall defender and he does provide enough run off of half back to be a threat going forward in that position. I think he might just quietly make a run up the draft order.
Knightmare says

Profile: Has shown some ability mostly in the back half demonstrating a solid two way game. Siggins can mark or spoil and provide some rebound at times with his good running game for a tall. Can play on different sizes.

Next up is Sydney, Mofra

Pick 61 - Sydney Swans - Max Duffy

Height: 185cm, Weight: 80kg, DOB: 11/04/1993
Recruited from: East Fremantle
Max Duffy could count himself unlucky not to be drafted last year, and for whatever reason he has knuckled down and performed very well in the WAFL as a mid-sized forward. Has talent to burn, some serious x-factor however question marks about his workrate and attitude have let him slide, although efforts this year have mitigated this issue. Soem have described him as a Steve Johnson type, although others have called him claoser to Tory Dickson (which is not a bad thing). I'd suspect that Sydney would back themselves in to get the best out of him because he has no issues with ability. Reads the play well and gets to the right spots.

fitzroybulldog up next

Pick 66 - Matthew McDonough - 180cm forward

A bit of a bargain at pick 66, imo. Had a great championships, kicking a few bags. I watched him down in Geelong have a great game against WA. More you're mark and set shot forward than a traditional small. Very strong in contests.
In the actual draft, I expect he'll go somewhere between pick 30-40.

Brisbane - Pick #65 - Harry Marsh
Height: 188cm, Weight: 78kg
MARSH-Harry-2012.jpg

Marsh's athleticism and shut-down ability, when combined with his excellent vision will do well to compliment Plowman in the back half. Great leap and decent overhead mark.

VitalDread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 69 - Kamdyn McIntosh (WA – Def/KPD)
Height: 192cm, Weight: 78kg, DOB: 03/04/1994

Kevin Sheehan says: “Tall defender with a very good combination of pace and endurance. Versatile defender capable of playing on medium and talls. Played four matches for WA at the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships closing down dangerous opponents and providing good run from defence. Acquitted himself well in four matches at senior level for Peel, averaging 17.5 disposals, five marks and three tackles.”

Unknown_Caller

Pick 74 - Fremantle -
Dean Kent (Midfielder)

Jack Clarke medal winner in WAFL containing a strong contested game with really good foot skills who likes to use them with approx 3 to 1 kick to handball ratio. A strong preseason to build fitness base up he could easily be playing senior football next year.

GoDoggies up next

Remove this Banner Ad

Back