Competitions Bulldogs board phantom draft

Remove this Banner Ad

pick 76 - Collingwood
Alex Boston (Forward/Mid)

Dogs_r_barking
I'm confused with Boston. Is there actually an Alex Boston? Someone chose "Alex Boston" earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find anything on him. I only knew about Andrew. Someone show me proof that that Alex Boston exists! :p

I'm confused with Boston. Is there actually an Alex Boston? Someone chose "Alex Boston" earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find anything on him. I only knew about Andrew. Someone show me proof that that Alex Boston exists! :p
actually there isnt, Ill pass anyway since I dont know any players at these picks anyway.

I was the same! Some phantoms have Andrew, some have Alex. :eek:

It seems a video has surfaced of a dud! Maybe jesse wells has had devolved into something. Be interested to hear your opinions, he has turned into a monster by the looks of it!

Doh!!

Sorry, Adelaide hmm - will get back to you on that.

Pick 77, Josh Scott, 190cm from the Gippsland Power - write up from YoungTalentTime
Scott is another player who hasn't been getting much attention, and I can only assume it's because people haven't seen enough of him. He only played in the first game for Vic Country where he kicked two goals, otherwise spending his time in the TAC Cup with Gippsland. He isn't the tallest forward going around, but he'd probably be one of the better marks in the entire draft. Just seems to have that ability to pull them down, contested or uncontested. Plus he is an accurate shot on goal, averaging 2 goals a game in the first half of this season. And while he hardly looks the part, he applies a heap of defensive pressure and tackles hard. AFL Comparison: Josh Mellington.

Pick 78 - Hawthorn - Leigh Osborne
Team: Frankston
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 84 kg

Kevin Sheahan says:

“Rebounding medium defender who can also play through the midfield. Possesses a very good burst of speed and is an excellent kick on his preferred left foot. Played with the Eastern Ranges at TAC Cup level before a stint with local club East Ringwood. In 2012 he crossed to Frankston in the VFL and has become a shining light in defence averaging 17.4 disposals. Loves to run and carry the ball, can be a dangerous player when delivering inside forward 50. Accumulated a season best 28 disposals against Williamstown in Round 12.”

Knightmare says:

Profile: Osborne is an offensive style back flanker with really impressive pace and a long left foot kick. Osborne will probably never be a shutdown defender and is best suited as a running back flanker who can generate drive from the back half for a team looking for an immediate attacking style defender.

Mofra and Sydney to finish the draft.

Ok, so I've got little idea of players this deep in the draft, so I'm looking for a KPD for Sydney on a needs basis to have one developing.

Last pick in the Bulldogs phantom, draft is:

Pick 79 - Sydney - Sean Gregory

195cm, 72kgs (yes you read that right), Calder Cannons

Very light, very quick and has played on players tall and small. Obviously a project type but Sydney have that time on their hands. Considered Frost from Williamstown and to be honest if Frosty could kick he wouldn't be playing VFL football anyway. Considered Stewart but if Collingwood passed on him, I'll role the dice on someone else.

Well done to everyone who contributed picks and/or comments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done guys. It was a hard slog for a while there, but we got through it :p

Interesting reading through the whole thing in the OP. There are a few players who I think dropped down the order a bit, but not many who you would really call a "bolter".

BUMP.

Three seasons in, interesting to look back on this.

I did pretty terribly with the Hawks. Happy with Lonergan's selection at pick 21 but none of the other three are on AFL lists and played a combined 8 games between them.

Winners

Carlton - Unknown Caller Wines is obviously a gun, Atkins and Stewart have both shown a little and even Kenny Ong plays alright when I see him at VFL level. Carlton ended up with Menzel, Temay and Graham instead.

Richmond - VitalDread Stringer. That's enough for a win. Corr and Towers good selections too.

Port Adelaide - Igloo Macrae and Hrovat, two good pick ups. Cameron and McDonough have both played a bit too although I think McDonough is now delisted.

Losers

Melbourne - Pogba Viney good. O'Rourke, Garlett, Smith, White bad. Rippon doing well at VFL level, wonder if he'll get a chance this year.

St Kilda - j0rdy1 Jaksch the only one of the 4 to get drafted.

Most of us did pretty average to be fair though, I think Essendon and Gold Coast were the only teams with everyone still on AFL lists.

Best pick ups were probably Wines and Vlastuin from the first round, probably Paparone from the later picks. Worst pick ups were Garlett (although how were we meant to know he was such a nutcase) and Toumpas (although that seemed like a really safe selection at the time).

Going through my previous mock draft attempts after this years attempt.

Pick 21 - Jesse Lonergan - 60 games (went #13)
Pick 41 - Adam Carter - 7 games (went #59)
Pick 60 - Sam Siggins - 0 games (went #62)
Pick 78 - Leigh Osborne - 1 game (went RD)

Oh boy! What a stinker of an attempt, none of them are still on an AFL list. This is probably the draft I watched the underages the closest which is a worry. Apologies to all this years draftees that I’ve likely jinxed.

Oh boy! What a stinker of an attempt, none of them are still on an AFL list. This is probably the draft I watched the underages the closest which is a worry. Apologies to all this years draftees that I’ve likely jinxed.
Wouldn't judge yourself to harshly on this one. Was one of the weaker drafts I can recall

Pretty sure your picks would be just as good value there as what the recruiters picked if you add up the pick values

Remove this Banner Ad

Back