Western Bulldogs

Hawker55

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Denver Broncos
What other problems has he caused? And if you're referring to the odd comment in the media, that would be laughable.

I dunno about problems, but he does have a reputation for being pretty 'hands on' as a President. Kinda like Jeff was for us I guess (or Ian Dicker maybe?). There are times when you need the President to be like that, when the whole Griffen/McCartney stuff played out I thought Gordon did really well in managing that and coming out the other side. It wouldn't surprise me though if he struggles to step back and let senior execs do their jobs, which gets frustrating pretty quickly.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nothing wrong with Gordon being hands on, there's a lot happening at the Dogs and he's directing it.

But there does need to be an endgame for him and the club otherwise either things will get stale or he'll become too big for the club.

This Stevenson bloke had 20 years at Nike which is impressive and obviously it's a massive company. Otherwise though he didn't seem to have a heap of experience. It's always hard for AFL clubs to find executives with the right mix of outside industry experience, time in the AFL or sports industry and the right qualifications.

If I were a Bulldogs fan I wouldn't be too worried but I'd like to know why Stevenson quit - and if it was to do with bad practices or just personalities. Then I'd like some reassurance from Peter Gordon about the long term plan.

Hasn't been a great few days at the Kennell.
Things seemed to be going well under Stevenson between record membership, Ballarat ticked off and the women's team (Alberti deserves most/all the credit for the women's team).

grouse mate

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2014
On a bike
AFL Club
GWS
Not great timing. Will be hard to gloss this one over because the guy relocated from O/S to take the role. Must be something big.

"Despite the promising on-field performances the club remains mired in more than $10 million debt."
LOL
Like you wouldn't kill for anyone to use the phrase "despite promising on field performances" when discussing Richmond

"Despite the promising on-field performances the club remains mired in more than $10 million debt."
LOL

Guess we all can't have a bazillion members like the Tigers.
Because we all know that's the number that means the most to you guys down at Punt Rd.

Back