Bulldogs CEO David Stevenson resigns

Remove this Banner Ad

It is not a National comp. It is a Victorian comp, we simply got in a few clubs from outside Victoria to pay the bills.

Cheers for that.

Hahaha yeah that's seems to be working with the AFL pouring millions into the eastern states and the vico clubs going broke! Hahaha it's the australian football league if you hadn't worked that out , not the VFL

Hahaha yeah that's seems to be working with the AFL pouring millions into the eastern states and the vico clubs going broke! Hahaha it's the australian football league if you hadn't worked that out , not the VFL
It's just a re-badged VFL and always will be.

It's just a re-badged VFL and always will be.

Really! Can't imagine why the VFL would worry about throwing millions to create the NEAFL and pour millions into GC, a Brisbane and GWS for the fun of it whilst they continually lose millions. Think there might be a bigger picture here and why wouldn't they chase those important ratings in other areas of Australia where they don't have representation?

I'm not calling for blood, just stating the honest truth of the way the competition is going. It was stated it's all about $$$ and ratings by bulldogs supporters. To get this the league needs coverage of the whole of Australia. To add more teams will cost the AFL more so utilizing it's current teams by spreading them out amongst the states to get more Tv coverage is clearly the way they will do it. For the bullies to retain their identity in anyway they will buckle to pressure. Especially if they can't service that 10 million debt without the support of the AFL

Because that totally just happened when the AFL added two teams.... They tried once and failed hard and gave up on the idea.

It'll end up with 4-5 Melbourne teams having second homes where they play 3-4 home games a year.
Bulldogs = Ballarat
North or Hawthorn = Tassie
etc etc.

Because that totally just happened when the AFL added two teams.... They tried once and failed hard and gave up on the idea.

It'll end up with 4-5 Melbourne teams having second homes where they play 3-4 home games a year.
Bulldogs = Ballarat
North or Hawthorn = Tassie
etc etc.

Wishfull thinking, if the teams get the support of the state governments like both Adelaide and Port have with the SA government investing half a billion into AO, they will get their own team, the tassie government seem interested in doing so!

Wishfull thinking, if the teams get the support of the state governments like both Adelaide and Port have with the SA government investing half a billion into AO, they will get their own team, the tassie government seem interested in doing so!

I could see that being true of Tasmania, although population decline there is a problem. Maybe Canberra. Ballarat though? or Darwin? Cairns? It's not just the infrastructure, it's there being the population to sustain it/growth in the future.

I could see that being true of Tasmania, although population decline there is a problem. Maybe Canberra. Ballarat though? or Darwin? Cairns? It's not just the infrastructure, it's there being the population to sustain it/growth in the future.

Wouldn't think ballarat we see Geelong with a population of 200k so Darwin, Canberra Hobart are the three possibilities. If the afl can crack the eastern states eventually then a must for more teams hopefully in NSW.

Most likely two are tassie and the nt as they are both football states/territories

Wouldn't think ballarat we see Geelong with a population of 200k so Darwin, Canberra Hobart are the three possibilities. If the afl can crack the eastern states eventually then a must for more teams hopefully in NSW.

Most likely two are tassie and the nt as they are both football states/territories

I have doubts with NT because of the weather. That's why I can see a team playing 4 or so games out of there a year. I think a 3rd WA team would come in before a full time NT team. Although I think we are 10 years off more teams, and by that stage anything can happen. Only 15-20 years ago Hawthorn etc were struggling as well.

I have doubts with NT because of the weather. That's why I can see a team playing 4 or so games out of there a year. I think a 3rd WA team would come in before a full time NT team. Although I think we are 10 years off more teams, and by that stage anything can happen. Only 15-20 years ago Hawthorn etc were struggling as well.

Hawthorn have done well to turn it around. If the Tasmanian government put their hand in their pocket the afl would bend over backwards to give them their own team as soon as they want. It will go well with their expansion model at limited cost. The afl have a few teams they are supporting that they could force to move as the alternative will be to fold without financial support

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have no idea, do you??? Go back to the Adelaide and discuss Troy's Parnell umpiring, no one wants to listen to dribble .
Amazing amount of ignorance and inability to even discuss an issue in a civil manner, 10 mil grows yearly and will definitely get to a point where it's just not viable, your population growth is nowhere near enough to be of any help in this regard.

Amazing amount of ignorance and inability to even discuss an issue in a civil manner, 10 mil grows yearly and will definitely get to a point where it's just not viable, your population growth is nowhere near enough to be of any help in this regard.
Yer mate right.

Really? That's a dumb suggestion.

You think it's just coincidence that Darcy and Mooney have now come out and suggested he offer to give back some of his salary?

EDIT - sorry did you mean it's a dumb suggestion by me or a dumb suggestion by Darcy/Mooney?

Hawthorn have done well to turn it around. If the Tasmanian government put their hand in their pocket the afl would bend over backwards to give them their own team as soon as they want. It will go well with their expansion model at limited cost. The afl have a few teams they are supporting that they could force to move as the alternative will be to fold without financial support
Are you on drugs or just an idiot? The AFL have resisted all and every attempt by Tasmania to get it's own team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back