Toast Bulldogs def Swans 67-39

Just watched the replay of the first and last quarters. I was impressed by Butler. Had not even imagined he'd get a game. The recruitment since Power came in seems to be highly successful. Also Vandermeer is proving to be a really good pick at around 40 if I remember correctly. What pick was Butler and what year?
Butler was pick #53 last year, our second in that draft.
Vandermeer was pick #37 in 2018, our third in that draft.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors
Haven’t been as high on him as others but I think Richards has been really good recently.

Feel very confident with Crozier and Williams as our mid sized defenders. Both go well in the air and are good by foot. Crozier might be one of the most underrated players in the league.

fingers crossed for Naughton but doesn’t look good
I love underrated players like Crozier, Williams and McRae. They make idiots in the media like Brereton and Lloyd sound like fools.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fergus who??? Have heard nothing about him in recent times.
Fergus who??? Have heard nothing about him in recent times.
He is the forgotten man but I think he showed a bit in his few games in late 2018. Sadly couldn't get his body right in 2019 but isn't on any injury lists so hopefully may be in contention. Fairly similar type to Lloyd, probably better defensive pressure

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bravo:
Wallis, Bont, Smith, Macrae, Cordy, West, Libba, English, Lipinski, Caleb, Dale. Great team effort. Pressure was great.

scary to think we still have Hunter, Wood, Dunkley and Duryea to come back in.
Who do you leave out to bring them in though??

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has the body to go in low and hard. Short legs and a long torso means a very low center of gravity and great balance/power through the core and geez does he use it!
Super strong in the contest just bodied that Swans player out of the way to take a huge contested mark at the start of the last quarter. And then finished off by kicking the goal have to love that sort of work by a forward

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Vandermeer sure is an interesting prospect. When drafted he was suggested to be a pacy winger/back flanker with a great kick (I pictured a Leon Cameron type).

He hasn't really played that role yet, he has been asked to play ahead of the ball and has shown us that he is strong through the body, wins one on ones, has a good streak of competitiveness/attitude, is strong overhead and can kick a goal.

That's a good list of traits, may even fill that difficult high half forward role when we are at full strength.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Vandermeer sure is an interesting prospect. When drafted he was suggested to be a pacy winger/back flanker with a great kick (I pictured a Leon Cameron type).

He hasn't really played that role yet, he has been asked to play ahead of the ball and has shown us that he is strong through the body, wins one on ones, has a good streak of competitiveness/attitude, is strong overhead and can kick a goal.

That's a good list of traits, may even fill that difficult high half forward role when we are at full strength.
He still has a lot of room to develop physically too. The kid is 21 but if you told me he was playing U16s this year I'd believe you. Seems very much a late bloomer so will be great to see where he goes in the next couple of years

Jan 13, 2011
Child of Ghaia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Been trying to put a finger on who Bazalenka reminds me of, since he’s gone into the middle.

Apologies if it’s been raised before, and it’s a big call, but wow there’s a lot of Chris Judd about him.
Posted this on the main board. Mark Ricciuto for mine. Doesn’t have the Same level of brilliance or agility of Judd, being a more power based game. I find that usually when it’s hard to compare a rising player to another, it’s because they have such a unique combination of traits that this mix has not manifested in another player before and I think that is what we are seeing here with Smith.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City

He also has a sweet sidestep.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
I hate to say it, but especially after that forward mark and goal West reminds me a little of Toby Greene

Feel free to flame me for this

No flame from me, Greene is an outstanding player. As long as West doesn't have the personality of that little prick we've got the better version of him.

No flame from me, Greene is an outstanding player. As long as West doesn't have the personality of that little prick we've got the better version of him.
I wouldn't mind if he could get under the skin of opposition players like Greene does (which I reckon he can), just as long as he leaves out the karate kicks and eye-gouging and general sniping bullshit.

Back