Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

businessfish

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
To avoid clogging up other threads with excerpts from social media I’ve created this thread for all your random Bulldog player sightings, social media posts and non game-day anecdotes.

009ed3d7804095b2b54878bf05476a83.jpg

businessfish

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How about Abbby's page 3 article in the Hun on Saturday. She is going to be a Hun columnist now and isn't gonna hold back on ****

I have unfollowed Gilmore on social media a while ago now. She is absolutely milking that story and has lost my sympathy. Stringer did a s**t thing. Many shitty, tasteless, immoral things. We get it.
Anyway, time to leave Gilmore with her gossip hungry followers. Stringer is Essendons problem now

How about Abbby's page 3 article in the Hun on Saturday. She is going to be a Hun columnist now and isn't gonna hold back on ****
Can you post here? Most of us don't subscribe and they've made it harder to access.

I have unfollowed Gilmore on social media a while ago now. She is absolutely milking that story and has lost my sympathy. Stringer did a s**t thing. Many shitty, tasteless, immoral things. We get it.
Anyway, time to leave Gilmore with her gossip hungry followers. Stringer is Essendons problem now
I did too (more accurately, she blocked me :straining:). Is she really going to go on and on about her ex? But if it derails his season...

Can you post here? Most of us don't subscribe and they've made it harder to access.

I did too (more accurately, she blocked me :straining:). Is she really going to go on and on about her ex? But if it derails his season...
Will try I read it in the hard copy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

template

0:00
/
0:15
cc13e010996fd9df19101e3bfd145792

2788005250d2f6919aa2bd4a077cd4eb

Ex-wag Abby Gilmore joins the Herald Sun
Opinion
Abby Gilmore: How the dark times can lead you to find the best in yourself
Abby Gilmore, Herald Sun
February 23, 2018 5:30pm
Subscriber only
REVISITING that dark time in my life last year when Jake and I split up has been hard.

I had to look at it all over again last week as I was introduced to Herald Sun readers.

But since that time, we have all come so far.

I’m so grateful to see smiles on my kids’ faces again, and I think this is because we’ve been doing so well with “co-parenting”.

It requires sucking up your pride and putting your s**t aside no matter how dim and dark it is.

So Jake if you are reading this, high fives all round because I really do think we do a good job despite our own personal struggles behind the scenes.

We lead different lives now and are on different journeys.

THE TRUTH BEHIND MY SPLIT WITH JAKE

Abby Gilmore with her kids Milla and Arlo. Picture: Alex Coppel
I’ve met my match in Leighroy, which I never believed would happen for a long time if at all, and I feel incredibly lucky and blessed that he and his beautiful family are in the girls’ and my life.

It’s been a whirlwind but I’d do it all over again to get the outcome I have now as these people bring out the best in me.

It was quite hard at the beginning but now I understand why it needed to happen.

It shaped the trajectory of my life because the way I processed it was that as long as what you do and what you’re connected to serves a greater purpose than just yourself, you will always trample the challenges of life.

DON’T MISS NEW PODCAST ‘DEAR ABBY’ STARTS MONDAY

And that’s how I came to start these workshops teaching self-love with my incredible life coach, Clair Hill.

I’m a firm believer in the universe having your back, and why wouldn’t I be after being presented with this incredible opportunity.

When offered this role I had major doubt. Never in a million years did I think my writing would take me here where I’d be speaking to an even wider audience to those on my socials.

I believe that when you are in service to someone else you are the happiest.

When I was sharing my experience I was helping people immensely and that’s why I’m just so happy and grateful to have been able to take this path less travelled so I can help and inspire you too.

‘I WAS LITERALLY BOOB-OBSESSED’: WHY I’M GETTING MINE DONE

4b622da60718140827d7f76cb2b9dcd3

The split with former partner Jake Stringer was tough, but both have come out better for it. Picture Norm Oorloff

Abby has found new love and a new direction. Picture: Jason Edwards
Some people thought speaking up was silly and for me that was another tough lesson. Not to back down or succumb, but to stand in my truth and keep going.

Change makes people feel uncomfortable, that’s why we don’t like it and it’s hard to master. But here I am, a few people less in my life but all the more richer and full of the right ones who are meeting me with the same energy and love.

Direction is much more important than speed, I’m really taking my time from now on and learning a lot as I go.

I know I’m headed in the right direction so make sure you are too.

It was daunting because it meant speaking to people who don’t really know what I’m about (apart from what you may have read) but it was also exciting because it meant I got an opportunity to show you my most authentic self.

GOT A QUESTION FOR ABBY? EMAIL dearabby@news.com.au OR POST A COMMENT BELOW

What made me so doubtful was the fact that I understand the more you put yourself out there, the more open to criticism you are and, although that is enough to turn some people off, it wasn’t for me. After I spoke up last year, I was put out there for people to discuss whether I liked it or not so I’m grateful that now I get to control what’s written and people can see what I’m about.

I’m not here to talk trash, to bag, or drag people through the mud. I don’t believe you get anywhere in life by making others feel inferior. I am here, however, to speak the truth when I feel it needs to be spoken.

Bring awareness to people who don’t particularly have a voice and shed light on things that I feel need it.

The last 18 months have been very interesting. I’ve done things I never thought I would, I’ve made friends with people I never thought I’d accept into my life, and I’ve forgiven people I never thought I could - landing my kids and I in a much better space.

It’s amazing what gratitude and compassion can teach you in a testing time. Everything that’s been presented to me in life hasn’t come easy - despite what some might think.

So here it is, my first column. I can’t wait to talk more on some of these points - and more - with you over the coming months.

Want more? Follow Abby on Instagram and check out her blog, According to Abby.

template
f0a18a3225729b1c3c99190d471872fb

businessfish

Senior List
Sep 8, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
template

0:00
/
0:15
cc13e010996fd9df19101e3bfd145792

2788005250d2f6919aa2bd4a077cd4eb

Ex-wag Abby Gilmore joins the Herald Sun
Opinion
Abby Gilmore: How the dark times can lead you to find the best in yourself
Abby Gilmore, Herald Sun
February 23, 2018 5:30pm
Subscriber only
REVISITING that dark time in my life last year when Jake and I split up has been hard.

I had to look at it all over again last week as I was introduced to Herald Sun readers.

But since that time, we have all come so far.

I’m so grateful to see smiles on my kids’ faces again, and I think this is because we’ve been doing so well with “co-parenting”.

It requires sucking up your pride and putting your s**t aside no matter how dim and dark it is.

So Jake if you are reading this, high fives all round because I really do think we do a good job despite our own personal struggles behind the scenes.

We lead different lives now and are on different journeys.

THE TRUTH BEHIND MY SPLIT WITH JAKE

Abby Gilmore with her kids Milla and Arlo. Picture: Alex Coppel
I’ve met my match in Leighroy, which I never believed would happen for a long time if at all, and I feel incredibly lucky and blessed that he and his beautiful family are in the girls’ and my life.

It’s been a whirlwind but I’d do it all over again to get the outcome I have now as these people bring out the best in me.

It was quite hard at the beginning but now I understand why it needed to happen.

It shaped the trajectory of my life because the way I processed it was that as long as what you do and what you’re connected to serves a greater purpose than just yourself, you will always trample the challenges of life.

DON’T MISS NEW PODCAST ‘DEAR ABBY’ STARTS MONDAY

And that’s how I came to start these workshops teaching self-love with my incredible life coach, Clair Hill.

I’m a firm believer in the universe having your back, and why wouldn’t I be after being presented with this incredible opportunity.

When offered this role I had major doubt. Never in a million years did I think my writing would take me here where I’d be speaking to an even wider audience to those on my socials.

I believe that when you are in service to someone else you are the happiest.

When I was sharing my experience I was helping people immensely and that’s why I’m just so happy and grateful to have been able to take this path less travelled so I can help and inspire you too.

‘I WAS LITERALLY BOOB-OBSESSED’: WHY I’M GETTING MINE DONE

4b622da60718140827d7f76cb2b9dcd3

The split with former partner Jake Stringer was tough, but both have come out better for it. Picture Norm Oorloff

Abby has found new love and a new direction. Picture: Jason Edwards
Some people thought speaking up was silly and for me that was another tough lesson. Not to back down or succumb, but to stand in my truth and keep going.

Change makes people feel uncomfortable, that’s why we don’t like it and it’s hard to master. But here I am, a few people less in my life but all the more richer and full of the right ones who are meeting me with the same energy and love.

Direction is much more important than speed, I’m really taking my time from now on and learning a lot as I go.

I know I’m headed in the right direction so make sure you are too.

It was daunting because it meant speaking to people who don’t really know what I’m about (apart from what you may have read) but it was also exciting because it meant I got an opportunity to show you my most authentic self.

GOT A QUESTION FOR ABBY? EMAIL dearabby@news.com.au OR POST A COMMENT BELOW

What made me so doubtful was the fact that I understand the more you put yourself out there, the more open to criticism you are and, although that is enough to turn some people off, it wasn’t for me. After I spoke up last year, I was put out there for people to discuss whether I liked it or not so I’m grateful that now I get to control what’s written and people can see what I’m about.

I’m not here to talk trash, to bag, or drag people through the mud. I don’t believe you get anywhere in life by making others feel inferior. I am here, however, to speak the truth when I feel it needs to be spoken.

Bring awareness to people who don’t particularly have a voice and shed light on things that I feel need it.

The last 18 months have been very interesting. I’ve done things I never thought I would, I’ve made friends with people I never thought I’d accept into my life, and I’ve forgiven people I never thought I could - landing my kids and I in a much better space.

It’s amazing what gratitude and compassion can teach you in a testing time. Everything that’s been presented to me in life hasn’t come easy - despite what some might think.

So here it is, my first column. I can’t wait to talk more on some of these points - and more - with you over the coming months.

Want more? Follow Abby on Instagram and check out her blog, According to Abby.

template

Please can we keep this thread a Stringer/Gilmore free zone, I beg please

Remove this Banner Ad

Back