Women's Footy Bulldogs Free Agency Period May 15-26th

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon that's a bit of an exaggeration. All Carlton need to do is convince a player or two to move up to Brisbane and they can do a player-for-player swap. They can also trade back into the draft and then use those picks (which obviously dissipate given it makes no difference to Brisbane, but it still means in relation to the 3 other Melbourne teams they don't go ahead) to get Harris. When it was first reported by the Herald Sun it was said that Carlton was the team that was most likely. Until trade week is over I'm still worried that we won't get Harris.
Huntington will be hard to pass up on, even for Harris.

How do the players available at pick three compare to Harris? Chloe Molloy for example?
Looked up Chloe Molloy's stats. 20 goals in the TAC Cup from 5 games, co-winner of the league B&F and 10 goals in 2 games in the women's VFL. I'd say there's a fair chance that she should be as good as Harris.

Best scenario for us:

Brisbane have no use for pick 3 since they have their own draft pool, and so take player(s) that aren't essential to us in a trade for Harris. We then use pick three on the best player in the Victorian draft pool (possibly Molloy?).

Possible issues:

Brisbane want pick three to trade for a player from another club. Hopefully their options to do this are limited (can't attract a player up there) and/or we have players they are happier to take that are willing to go (O'Connor is a Queenslander yes?).

GWS or Brisbane trade their pick 1 and/or 2 to a Victorian club and we lose the Victorian pick 1. High probable I reckon, they've got not reason to keep those picks.

Having the state drafts (while obviously essential) makes things strange in a trade period.

Best scenario for us:

Brisbane have no use for pick 3 since they have their own draft pool, and so take player(s) that aren't essential to us in a trade for Harris. We then use pick three on the best player in the Victorian draft pool (possibly Molloy?).

Possible issues:

Brisbane want pick three to trade for a player from another club. Hopefully their options to do this are limited (can't attract a player up there) and/or we have players they are happier to take that are willing to go (O'Connor is a Queenslander yes?).

GWS or Brisbane trade their pick 1 and/or 2 to a Victorian club and we lose the Victorian pick 1. High probable I reckon, they've got not reason to keep those picks.

Having the state drafts (while obviously essential) makes things strange in a trade period.
Aasta works at the AFL, so unsure she would up and move to Qld.

Most of our dogs players have full time jobs in melbourne so would be really tough for them to pack up and leave

Another example of shitty pay for the players (yes i know the league is new and all)

Most of our dogs players have full time jobs in melbourne so would be really tough for them to pack up and leave

Another example of shitty pay for the players (yes i know the league is new and all)
I imagine they'd trying pretty hard to make it happen, on both sides. The option otherwise is Harris just leaves and we take her with pick 3, which means Brisbane gets no compensation (possibly a compo pick from the afl but that's useless to them), we miss out on a high draft pick (possibly Victorian pick 1), and Harris has to wait until October to be sure of where she's going. Bad for everyone.

Doesn't Kaitlyn Ashmore want to head back to Victoria? Would add a ton to our midfield

She's a gynocologist by trade right? I think that of the Queensland-born women that we have, she's the best equipped to hit the ground running up there.
Think she is still in training for obs/gynaecology, so will not be in a position to move.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know much about the size and makeup of our scouting department for the womens? Do we have one?

Does anyone know much about the size and makeup of our scouting department for the womens? Do we have one?
We have 6 scouts, two list managers and a head recruiter

We have 6 scouts, two list managers and a head recruiter
Thanks VD.
It would be interesting to know how they view the players entering the comp in the next few years compared to the girls already playing.
Collingwood looks like they will be forced to take the youth approach, but in a part time competition that may not hurt them so much.
It's all such uncharted territory in this competition.

"Collingwood is expected to land gun Western Bulldogs midfielder Jamie Lambert as part of a three-club deal that will see Collingwood vice captain Alicia Eva go to the Giants.

The Magpies are expected to hand the Bulldogs the pick they secure from GWS for Lambert.

Things are hotting up!

THE LIKELY DEAL:
GWS gives Collingwood picks 1 + 9.
Collingwood exchange Alicia Eva and pick 5 to GWS.

Collingwood to give WB picks 1, 4 and 12 in exchange for Jamie Lambert and pick 3"

Not a bad deal on face value i'd have thought.

"Collingwood is expected to land gun Western Bulldogs midfielder Jamie Lambert as part of a three-club deal that will see Collingwood vice captain Alicia Eva go to the Giants.

The Magpies are expected to hand the Bulldogs the pick they secure from GWS for Lambert.

Things are hotting up!

THE LIKELY DEAL:
GWS gives Collingwood picks 1 + 9.
Collingwood exchange Alicia Eva and pick 5 to GWS.

Collingwood to give WB picks 1, 4 and 12 in exchange for Jamie Lambert and pick 3"

Not a bad deal on face value i'd have thought.
Lambert is a potential gun that played last season hurt.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back