Bulldogs giving away free tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2016 we did. It's now a free ticket offer, not membership: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/membership/vuoffer

They get given a list of games (against interstate teams mainly) to choose a free ticket. We do the same thing for members where once a year they get to bring a friend for free.
Fair enough
We do the members guests thing as well. I get 4 per season, depends on membership type.

Fair enough
We do the members guests thing as well. I get 4 per season, depends on membership type.

I would be surprised if half the clubs in the competition didn't do it.

We do a free ticket per year for members, a free ticket for VU students, then a lot of community stuff (Sons of the West program etc.) So the critique that we should be giving the free tickets for the North game to community groups is a bit off, because we would already be doing it. Our community programs are a strength of the club, and a large reason why we were given Millions towards further expanding Whitten Oval earlier in the year (as well as the Womens footy).

All clubs give out complimentary memberships. There's no evidence that the Dogs do it more than many others. Our membership revenue per member in 2017 was higher than even Essendon and Carlton.

• St Kilda - $177.81 per member
  • Western Bulldogs - $177.73 per member
  • Essendon - $176.66 per member
  • Carlton - $169.45 per member
  • Hawthorn - $164.49 per member
  • North Melbourne - $163.43 per member
  • GWS - $87.86 per member (includes merchandise)

http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=4121

I mean you have the two lowest supported melbourne teams in Bulldogs and North, one of which plays a putrid style of game. What were they thinking originally, 13000 turn up maybe in football heartland? Good move to avoid questions but can't see this getting over 18000 either way.

the irony coming from a GWS supporter.

at least my club and the dogs play in a part of the country who cares about AFL.
They just care about you least.

Always amused me this argument.
Kinda like the ol no one cares about your club garbage.
You are arguing with someone who obviously cares about AFL in that part of the country which you are babbling over.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

My daughter goes to a school in the inner west and they get given tickets for most home games especially for games they are expecting a small crowd.
50 tickets per school and all of a sudden there are 2000 free tickets out there.

Not at all. Pretty bang on in what he said.

Kids memberships of a type are handed out to most junior clubs as far as I'm aware.

None of which are counted in the audit of course.

They were never counted in the Dogs numbers either of course.

Irrelevant of whether the Giants giveaways are for kids or adults, because it is irrelevant, he was trying to have a crack about the Bulldogs giving away memberships which we no longer do (but the Giants still do).

Loss leader tied in with trying to get exposure to more people. Nothing wrong it if they didn't think they would sell them in the first place. The idea of the "Harmony" game is actually kinda a cool, and I am all for trying to get more people to games in various ways. Might as well try build your supporter base in your region of Melbourne.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/foundation/harmony-game
Making too much sense for Bigfooty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrelevant of whether the Giants giveaways are for kids or adults, because it is irrelevant, he was trying to have a crack about the Bulldogs giving away memberships which we no longer do (but the Giants still do).
Our love and support for juniors playing footy knows few bounds, and is the source of immense pride amongst our club members.
Attempting to troll us about that support is incredibly mean spirited and doomed to fail.
I note your own posters identify tkt giveaways through schools and I applaud that, and would never have a go at any club supporting youngsters to go to the footy, and watch their idols live.

The dogs last year were coming off a grand final. This year they are a win off bottom 4, playing putrid, boring football and coming against North which looks like its going down after an alright start. The crowd will be putrid and this is why the free ticket deal is happening. They would have estimated roughly 13000 turn up to this and they want to avoid that embarrassment.
Come on, I am sure you could have used the word putrid one more time.

Our love and support for juniors playing footy knows few bounds, and is the source of immense pride amongst our club members.
Attempting to troll us about that support is incredibly mean spirited and doomed to fail.
I note your own posters identify tkt giveaways through schools and I applaud that, and would never have a go at any club supporting youngsters to go to the footy, and watch their idols live.
Point to me where I am attempting to troll the Giants about giving away free memberships? I agree that they should be doing it, and the Bulldogs should also be taking the opportunity to give away tickets to school kids etc.

Doesn't mean I can't point out the hypocrisy of your fellow GWS supporter.

Of course which is why I said none are counted in the audit.

Your last paragraph is garbage.

Point to me where I am attempting to troll the Giants about giving away free memberships? I agree that they should be doing it, and the Bulldogs should also be taking the opportunity to give away tickets to school kids etc.

Doesn't mean I can't point out the hypocrisy of your fellow GWS supporter.
Maybe it's not trolling, I get it could just be irrational hate. I've had a laugh at the Bulldogs in this thread, but there are boundaries. I think it was actually a pretty civilised discussion until you got personal and criticised our support of juniors.
I'm happy to laugh at you for that though.

Maybe it's not trolling, I get it could just be irrational hate. I've had a laugh at the Bulldogs in this thread, but there are boundaries. I think it was actually a pretty civilised discussion until you got personal and criticised our support of juniors.
I'm happy to laugh at you for that though.
Once again, stop making things up - at no point did I criticise your support of juniors.

You seem to forget you aren't actually a moderator.

Once again, stop making things up - at no point did I criticise your support of juniors.

You seem to forget you aren't actually a moderator.
Where did that come from? Why do you think it's ok for you to pass judgement on others while simultaneously thinking it's outrageous for you to be judged.

Not anymore.

Like I said, Giants the only club giving away memberships. It was an unfortunate troll attempt.

It wasn’t a troll, it was a genuine question.

And you’re wrong. We don’t give away memberships.

For a few years, back at the very beginning, any new junior registration to play the game, got a 1 year junior three game membership - as far as I’m aware, they don’t any more (none of the six or seven new kids in my son’s team got one this year)

Bad luck with your unfortunate troll attempt, missed it by “that” much.

It wasn’t a troll, it was a genuine question.

And you’re wrong. We don’t give away memberships.

For a few years, back at the very beginning, any new junior registration to play the game, got a 1 year junior three game membership - they don’t any more.

Bad luck with your unfortunate troll attempt, missed it by “that” much.
Not that's there's anything wrong with it, but you actually still do:
o70h8JI.png

My apologies if it was actually a genuine question to start with, the second line of your post made it read differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back