Bulldogs Josh Schache steal, Lion's blinked again.

Did the bulldogs pay unders for Schache?

• Yes

Votes: 218 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 70 24.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The beauty of the doping saga is that Essendon had to pay way overs to their dirty dozen in order for them not to sue the club. So they are now perpetually mired in mid table mediocrity until these dopers retire in a few years time. And none of these players have even contributed to a single finals win - doesn't get more mediocre than that.

Josh is tracking fine. Well worth the outlay and I think we'll have a good solid AFL player for the next 10 years.

Craffles

This

I get many opposition fans may not have seen him play a heap, but us Dogs fans are really happy with his development.

Fades out of games but isn’t the only Dog to do that.

Take away a really poor second season and I think the dialogue would be a bit different around him

Looks good, plenty of room for improvement. If he kicks his 2 goals every week, you'd be happy. Hopefully Boyd will develop into the big #1 forward for them too and he can play a supporting role. Massive unders.

As much as I am a big fan of Boyd, Beveridge won't play him that way. He is pretty much dead against one position players. It looks like our long-term plan is to have Schache as the lead up/CHF type player, and English and Boyd rotate between deep forward and ruck. That said, the potential of that make up definitely contrasts with the days of recruiting Andrew MacDougall et al

At least as good as Mitch Brown.

Aim for the skies kid!

The bloke that supports your club is the one that cracked the sads and said Schache wouldn’t get a game anywhere.

I just pointed out that’s plainly incorrect when there are perpetually mediocre sides like the Bombers turning out mature age KP dross like Mitch Brown, Shaun McKernan and James Stewart every week.

Couldn't stay in Brisbane. Wasn't about blinking or not, situation was untenable and we couldn't have someone who used to stare at the ceiling of his room for hours while our boys are trying to do well. While we didn't win the trade, l think we are happy because our boys are playing well despite the W/L column.

He does need to bulk up agreed. I hope Schache comes good. KPP take time

Lol settle petal. Most neutrals would be comfortable in saying most of Essedons KPF have outperformed WBD current crop so far. Dogs fans are so sensitive and take everything so personal. This thread has nothing to do with my club haha
It's not being sensitive petal it's just stating what I know of non Bomber supporters hating that club and all it stands for. Cheating salary cap and drugs saga says it all. Out performed? Both are mi
He does need to bulk up agreed. I hope Schache comes good. KPP take time

Lol settle petal. Most neutrals would be comfortable in saying most of Essedons KPF have outperformed WBD current crop so far. Dogs fans are so sensitive and take everything so personal. This thread has nothing to do with my club haha
Replying to you're stupid post does not equate to being sensitive petal, both are not playing finals so out performing is irrelevant in the larger scheme, maybe Josh can give you're forward boys in particular Joe the goose some set shot lessons.

And here come the Hird loving, Dodo idolising bombre nuffies on cue.
giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think Schache can be considered a steal but he could be a serviceable KPF for the dogs. Was never going to be one in Brisbane however
It depends. If he becomes a long term key forward who regularly kicks 40+ a season then it probably is a steal. If he’s a Jack Watts type for the next seven or eight years it’s probably about par for the compensation.

I don’t think you could have forecast his issues, particularly given on the surface he appeared to want to be at Brisbane. In that context you did pretty well out of the trade and no decent supporter would begrudge Brisbane getting some good players with the compo if that’s what happens.

Tom Boyd has played a good role for the team in the ruck. There is no doubt that Schache is going to be a star.

Couldn't stay in Brisbane. Wasn't about blinking or not, situation was untenable and we couldn't have someone who used to stare at the ceiling of his room for hours while our boys are trying to do well. While we didn't win the trade, l think we are happy because our boys are playing well despite the W/L column.
In years to come if you can retain your players and inevitably play finals the Schache trade will be a distant memory.

Back