Review Bulldogs Lose To GWS (113 - 55)

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly. You'd never see anyone here calling for someone to punch out Toby Greene's lights or put a knee into Jez Cameron's throat.
Ah yeah, after the result was well and truely over today, there was quite a few of us at the pub that wanted someone to take out Toby Greene. The whole pub cheered loudly when he got kicked in the balls! 🤣🤣🤣

A disappointing end to the season.

We simply went in too young, small and inexperienced.
Agree that odds were against us. The margin surprised me, but not the result.

GWS beat us up and the umpires were clearly on their side, but too many players did not provide sufficient resistance.
Perhaps add your thoughts here...

Still getting over it. They wwere up for many weeks, what a time to put in a bad one. Shows too reliant on a few players.

Speaking of getting over it, on a more positive note, it looks like Sydney supporters still haven't gotten over 2016. They're as angry as ever, which is soothing to hear. It must be especially tough for them, having dropped down the ladder hard and having signed Longmire up long-term. :eek:

yep, that could have been handled a lot better. We let GWS dictate those terms.

We needed every player next to DeBoer smacking him in the ribs and shoving him in the collarbone, on rotation. That would have prompted GWS players to retaliate and then there would have been punchons every 5 minutes until the umps start handing out random free kicks to settle it down.

As long as we were prepared to take it without complaint, the umps were happy to let it go.
100% agree with this.

Also I have no issue with De Boer’s tactics yesterday. It’s his job to push the boundaries and see what he can get away with on a game by game basis. Better protection was needed by the umpires. He was able to drag away the Bont all day and stand on the opposite side of the ground.

We didn’t give the Bont the protection he needed from the other mids. Giants learnt a lot for a few weeks ago and were extremely well drilled and coached throughout the entire four quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richards should have got his hair cut
2019 Versus 2018 (Ed Richards)

Richards: 138/95 = 233 from 20 Games - Richards: 166/119 = 285 from 21 Games

Maybe he should have got his hair cut, full statistical revelation for all 34 players used available on no one
cares about your stupid stats . com . GAGF

Obviously B.Smith, S.Lloyd, T.Duryea, W.Hayes, La.Young, R.West and R.Gardner had no data available
for 2018 thus could not be compared.

Who did rise ? Who did fall ? Who did not change much at all ?

I was a little concerned once the media jumped on us and the 2016 comparisons started.

I don't think it was a case of us drinking our own bath water but GWS has enough motivation already when they play us without the media giving them more by making us out as clear favourites on their home ground.

It was funny at the ground, those orange flags were giveaways, under every seat ;). Imagine an AFL club needing to do that.

Scoreboard "Lets make some noise" drowned out by boos every time lol. I think it was the second quarter they put some dudes voice over the speakers on the eastern side trying to get some sort of pro-Giants chant happening....crickets. So plastic, manufacturing a "vibe". Made me laugh.

The blame lies at Bonts feet!!

What game did you watch? He battled all day with three blokes hanging off him. They targeted him specifically and he just kept trying.
There was a lot of illegal physicality that the umps did nothing about. Haynes punched Bont that actually winded him, nothing to see here play on!! Ffs

Like all season we need to dominate the midfield to win today for some reason we got dominated. Looking forward I like what see a lot to like. Hope we get Bruce and Keath. Then Marra in the following draft.

We had a bad day, they had a good day. The personal we went in with hit the end of the H&A season pretty strong so can’t blame the selection committee. Disappointing end but we got a taste.
Had some passengers today in Lloyd, Hayes, Schache, McLean, but they are easy targets - our midfield was monstered and was the reason we lost.

Thought JJ and Cordy made some poor decisions but both tried hard along with Wood and Young in the backline.

We have some teenagers with some serious swagger and aggression in Naughton, West and Smith and obvious natural improvement from English, Lipinski, Lewis Young and Richards to look forward to.

If we are smart during trade week and can land Keath and Jack Martin and still have a high hand in the draft, we have a bit to look forward too in season 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back