cmBuzza

Debutant
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
E969B890-B9AE-4AEC-8982-14946751A9FC.jpeg

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
hurry up and bring back heritage round, ffs.

Should do what the state leagues did last year and have themed years. 00s, 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s. Adelaide can wear SA state guernseys, West Coast do the same for WA, Fremantle wear East and South Freo kits and we make sure the Suns and Giants are playing eachother.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Should do what the state leagues did last year and have themed years. 00s, 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s. Adelaide can wear SA state guernseys, West Coast do the same for WA, Fremantle wear East and South Freo kits and we make sure the Suns and Giants are playing eachother.
Would probably advocate for the ones I did here
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-heritage-round-by-fizzler-afl-and-wafl-vfl-next.1107035/
Wouldn’t be a fan of era specific Heritage Rounds.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
How can a big company like Asics get the proportions of the hoops so wrong?

Agreed. Ordinarily I would like this, but they stuffed it up pretty bad.

The best part of the whole thing is the limited edition merch pack. Surprised, but also thrilled, that they were able to get the OK to reprint that famous sticker.

684520.jpg

HOW WILL IT BE CELEBRATED?
The Western Bulldogs’ Round 17 AFL game against Melbourne will be the Fightback Round. Some of the activities leading up to, and at the game on Sunday, July 14, include:
  • The launch of a specially themed guernsey, paying homage to the Fightback campaign of 1989, to be worn by both the AFL and VFL teams on Sunday, July 14.
  • A VFL match being played - Footscray vs Casey Demons - as the curtain raiser to the AFL at Marvel Stadium from 11.50am. Both games broadcast live on Channel 7.
  • Specially designed off-field merchandise range, including scarf, hoodie, t-shirt and cap.
  • Limited edition merchandise pack, including scarf, ‘Up Yours Oakley’ badge and commemorative membership card, with the purchase of a Three-Game or Sideline membership (current members can purchase the pack separately).
  • A fan-voted countdown of the top 30 most significant Footscray/Western Bulldogs moments from the last 30 years.
  • A podcast series hosted by Bob Murphy, and video series, which explore the people who played key roles in saving the club in 1989.
  • Fightback themed official match-day function at Marvel Stadium.

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
View attachment 690925
How can a big company like Asics get the proportions of the hoops so wrong?
I'll probably purchase one but I agree, the hoops just look wrong. White hoop looks too thin and red hoop far too big.

FB_IMG_1560320054471.jpg

Here's me as a young tacker in a pic from the mid 80s... correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the club using this logo instead of the one on the new retro jumper? I thought that came in early 90s?

Love the concept the Doggies are rolling with to celebrate the milestone, I know for sure that if I were a Dogs fan/member I'd be all over the member pack and merch range, it looks fantastic so far

It actually got me thinking that this year marks 20 years since the Cats faced a similarly precarious on- and off-field situation, but I think it's too soon for any commemoration like the Dogs have done. Most of our supporter base would probably still have nightmares about that period, especially since we'd just come off Pyramid, and we never had a full-scale campaign like the Dogs did either

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the club using this logo instead of the one on the new retro jumper? I thought that came in early 90s?

Initially I thought you were spot on looking at the dates on Mero 's www.footyjumpers.com (which has the 'head' logo starting in 1990), but looking at this Footy Record from Rd 6, 1989, they had already changed by then.

1560321129381.png

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Ahhh well there you go. Credit to the club for the accuracy on that, as it would have been very easy to whack the 80s logo from my old jumper and sell a stack more of these, as it is generally most doggies supporters favourite logo for nostalgia reasons alone.

CollarJazzKnee

All Australian
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
The back ruins the whole jumper and it’s going to be worn v Melbourne so will be an ugly matchup

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
This is probably my favourite incarnation of the Bulldogs jumper. I'd actually love to see it as their home jumper, but given the current two band design has been worn in both of their premierships, I doubt that will happen.

I reckon the red band has been made bigger purely to fit the sponsor in neatly on the back. I could live with that if the white bands were a little thicker to keep them in proportion. Its a shame about the photo on the back too.

Love the Up Yours Oakley badge!

Initially I thought you were spot on looking at the dates on Mero 's www.footyjumpers.com (which has the 'head' logo starting in 1990), but looking at this Footy Record from Rd 6, 1989, they had already changed by then.

View attachment 691025

I collected the 1988 and 1989 cards and the following had changed their logos in 1989:

Footscray (Per above)
Melbourne (Demon removed, fancy demons writing)
Richmond (Side on Tiger)
St Kilda (Goal posts added and saint man taking mark)
West Coast (Top of shield went to gold)

Like jumper, but of overkill on tramp stamp, but like it.

Back