Toast Bulldogs smash Norf 87-38. Lolnorf

Remove this Banner Ad

Our supporters are the best.

After three months of the AFL season, we were sitting on the bottom of the ladder without a single win. Our supporters were calling for Bevo's head.

We have since gone undefeated and have to go way back to the last financial year since we lost a match. As a result, we are sitting in the top eight and Bevo is now the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Bevo should still pack his bags.

(For qld).

To the posters who watched the game on tv last night. Did you see Bev interviewed at half time? Did he say we were down to two on the bench then or did I imagine it? It was before VDM was injured so I assumed it was Jong who would not play any further part ( as well as Smith). A change of mind by the doctor?

Are we in V curve and following the stock market. Pre season we all had high hopes then we hit rock bottom against the pies, the saints was slight improvement and from there we have taken off. Well like the stock market who knows but we are certainly a buy at the moment.

As was said before it is never as bad or as good as it looks but lets ride the highs. On present form who will make way for Dunkley and Naughton when they are back and in the unlikely event we have a full list. Possibly Schache and Wallis.

Bloody hard to even fit Hunter in next week although Vandermeer's knock looked worst than Bailey's so I suspect he will be out with concussion.

Its good to have a lot depth but it strange when you playing badly you question this and when you are palying well it appears you have a lot of riches.

To the posters who watched the game on tv last night. Did you see Bev interviewed at half time? Did he say we were down to two on the bench then or did I imagine it? It was before VDM was injured so I assumed it was Jong who would not play any further part ( as well as Smith). A change of mind by the doctor?
yeah i legit mentioned that last night aswell then saw Jong back within 5 mins and was hella confused lol

Looked like Jong had busted his ankle at the same time Thomas went for a screamer and landed on his head. He spent a bit of time getting looked after, but came back on and battled manfully.

You didn't imagine it. Bevo mentioned something about only having 20 players. I naturally assumed it was Jongy too. He didn't Bob up for awhile so probably started on the bench. But when he did appear, he was right in the thick of a contest.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jong has been channeling John Kennedy - "Dont think, Do"

When he move the ball on quickly he has been good. Even when he marks it he has been looking to move the ball on quickly.

Looked like Jong had busted his ankle at the same time Thomas went for a screamer and landed on his head. He spent a bit of time getting looked after, but came back on and battled manfully.

There was another worrying contest it looked like he grabbed at his hamstring, then a couple of minutes later he was back in another contest. Possibly a bit of cramp or took a knock, but he must be feeling very sore today

He spent most of the second qtr on the bench so we were down two on the bench for majority of that qtr plus the start of the third once jong came back on vandermeer went off

Jong has been channeling John Kennedy - "Dont think, Do"

When he move the ball on quickly he has been good. Even when he marks it he has been looking to move the ball on quickly.

The kids a real warrior, and full of courage. Hurt himself running back with flight of the ball again last night.
Trouble is his footy instincts on the meter are only about 50% , and he is a very good chance to hurt himself almost every game.
But I for one really admire his commitment to the jumper and his team mates.

There was another worrying contest it looked like he grabbed at his hamstring, then a couple of minutes later he was back in another contest. Possibly a bit of cramp or took a knock, but he must be feeling very sore today
Pretty sure Bevo said in his presser that Jongy did his ankle and it will be assessed this week.

The kids a real warrior, and full of courage. Hurt himself running back with flight of the ball again last night.
Trouble is his footy instincts on the meter are only about 50% , and he is a very good chance to hurt himself almost every game.
But I for one really admire his commitment to the jumper and his team mates.
Absolutely love Jong, and you get the sense his teammates do too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jong was limping at the end of the game as the team walked down the race off the ground...

Are we in V curve and following the stock market. Pre season we all had high hopes then we hit rock bottom against the pies, the saints was slight improvement and from there we have taken off. Well like the stock market who knows but we are certainly a buy at the moment.

As was said before it is never as bad or as good as it looks but lets ride the highs. On present form who will make way for Dunkley and Naughton when they are back and in the unlikely event we have a full list. Possibly Schache and Wallis.

Bloody hard to even fit Hunter in next week although Vandermeer's knock looked worst than Bailey's so I suspect he will be out with concussion.

Its good to have a lot depth but it strange when you playing badly you question this and when you are palying well it appears you have a lot of riches.
Saints was rock bottom. After waiting months after round 1 that was much worse

Just finished watching the replay and noticed some things with McLeans game.
A few in here have mentioned the game proved he should be playing midfield but you’d be surprised that he played out of the fwd 50 for the whole game bar two centre bounces when manned up Higgins on the wing.
His position as a high half forward hasn’t changed but there’s been a change in the role and his responsibilities.
When North had the ball or when there was a stoppage, he was giving Higgins a soft tag. This meant he was involved around the contest in the back half even involved in rebound from def 50 at times. But this wasn’t exactly his role for the game.
When we had the ball he dropped the tag and was back in to the high half forward role getting involved in quite a few def to fwd chains while also having impact fwd of centre.
If Higgins started the centre bounce in the middle or up fwd, McLean started up fwd. when Higgins started on the wing (2) McLean was beside him. He seems to have a specific role while playing higher up and it’s definitely having an impact on his performance.
I wasn’t paying attention to his game against GWS but I’m tipping his involvement with Whitfield was probably similar.

Happy to see him find some form. His work rate and intensity have a lot to do with it but the role he’s played over the last few weeks seems to have reinvigorated him.

Last edited:
The beauty of the Keath and Bruce inclusions is their age. Getting them at 27 is perfect. Mature bodies in their prime.

Hall was awesome, but was right at the finish line. Cloke was cooked.

Excellent recruitment.

Keath is even better than advertised. Could be all Australian by years end.

The beauty of the Keath and Bruce inclusions is their age. Getting them at 27 is perfect. Mature bodies in their prime.

Excellent recruitment.

Looks like we might finally have gotten it right with the "older" recruitment. We've always grabbed them when they are cooked or about to be cooked and maybe got one year out of them eg: Hall

The beauty of Keath is that he was a relatively late starter and the body isn't as bashed around, he could play for a while yet and the same applies to Bruce with the younger bodies of Naughts, Schache and soon to be Jamarra around him - imagine we could get 6 years out of each of them - what a steal

Excellent recruitment.

Bruce provides the focal point of the offence and makes everything else work. He must be respected in the air against even against the best KPD. It’s the 1KPF that we have needed for years (apart from 1 year of Hall, it’s been a long time). Naughton can become a 1KPF and learning from Bruce will make that happen.
I think we will get 3 good years from Bruce.

Keath is much better than the Crows allowed him to be. He is playing KPD like a natural. He is keeping his place in the zone really well.
Probably get 5-6 years from him.

Both are worth the picks given to get them. Massive win for the club and kudos needs to be paid to the list management team.

I never thought Keath and Cordy could be the two pillars of a incredibly tight defensive unit but here we are.
Now Cordy has been freed from playing out of position as our number 1 defender (which he never was) he has flourished. Getting Keath was a Godsend..

Really liking having Richards and VDM on the wings who are quick and have penetrating quicks. Not missing Hunter and his slow loopy kicks and sideways play at all.

Agree.
VDM makes these low trajectory bullets to players in the lead. It’s like WTF! He has shanked it! Then they hit Bruce & others on the lead. Wow just WOW!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back