Toast Bulldogs smash Norf 87-38. Lolnorf

Remove this Banner Ad

Beveridge absolutely deserved the bollocking he was getting on here after round 2.

The way the teams gone since he started picking a legitimate 22, just reinforces how at fault he was.

Having a ping at posters who lashed him after rounds 1 and 2 is madness.

Beveridge absolutely deserved the bollocking he was getting on here after round 2.

The way the teams gone since he started picking a legitimate 22, just reinforces how at fault he was.

if anything, our showing the past 3 weeks make the criticism more relevant. Playing Gardiner and Gowers and Not McLean and Cordy- hows that looking now?

The beauty of the Keath and Bruce inclusions is their age. Getting them at 27 is perfect. Mature bodies in their prime.

Hall was awesome, but was right at the finish line. Cloke was cooked.

Excellent recruitment.

Keath is even better than advertised. Could be all Australian by years end.
hard to believe Bruce is only 27... seems like he's been around forever. 4 year deal sounds better in that case.

Pretty shallow view on how it all works. What part of McLean and Cordys form over the 12 mths prior to Rd3 suggested they were auto selections?
We’re seeing completely different players now.

You’re ignoring player condition, training form and previous match form.

You’re also suggesting our change in team form is due to the selection and non selection of two players.

Strange stance to be strong on.

Our supporters are the best.

After three months of the AFL season, we were sitting on the bottom of the ladder without a single win. Our supporters were calling for Bevo's head.

We have since gone undefeated and have to go way back to the last financial year since we lost a match. As a result, we are sitting in the top eight and Bevo is now the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Happened last year as well. I thought it was justified this year. It still hasn’t sunk in why he played (and continues to list) Gardner as an emergency. He would be an average local footballer. Let alone making it an AFL level. He seems to have pulled his head in a bit in this regard. But some minor tweaks to our best 22 against Saints and it could have cost us the 4 points solely on the players Bevo selected for that game.

Pretty shallow view on how it all works. What part of McLean and Cordys form over the 12 mths prior to Rd3 suggested they were auto selections?
We’re seeing completely different players now.

You’re ignoring player condition, training form and previous match form.

You’re also suggesting our change in team form is due to the selection and non selection of two players.

Strange stance to be strong on.
Agreed. You can't pin our horrible performance on just two players' selection/non-selection. The whole team was rubbish.

Happened last year as well. I thought it was justified this year. It still hasn’t sunk in why he played (and continues to list) Gardner as an emergency. He would be an average local footballer. Let alone making it an AFL level. He seems to have pulled his head in a bit in this regard. But some minor tweaks to our best 22 against Saints and it could have cost us the 4 points solely on the players Bevo selected for that game.
Every club's supporters do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saints are a very good team at Marvel so the fact we lost to them isn't a massive surprise. I feel we have a better list than them and overall are a better team, but they have really smashed us the previous two times we played them.

As such, I highly doubt excluding Gardner, Gowers and maybe a couple of others would have changed the result.

If we were to play them at Marvel now in our current form, we'd probably have to kick reasonably accurately to beat them (something we failed to do against them).

The beauty of the Keath and Bruce inclusions is their age
Keath is even better than advertised. Could be all Australian by years end.
Keath was in AA discussions mid way through last year until injury hit.

He's much happier at the dogs too. Very astute trading. He's still inexperienced so has improvement left in him.

Goldstein won the hitouts 31-15, but Tim matched him on hitouts to advantage.

When you consider all the intercepts, contested marks and general work around the ground, I'd consider English to have won against Goldstein last night. He's had a huge two weeks
Goldstein was good around the ground too. Both players were very good for their respective teams, it was an entertaining contest to watch. Tim certainly is coming along beautifully.

It’s about messaging. Beveridge was being a dick. I’m sorry. He just was. You don’t think that filters through the entire team?
I think it can have an effect for sure, but to the extent to explain how bad our form was, no. Also it's impossible to know that that was the reason for it.
By the same logic, I could easily argue it was solely Libba's inclusion that made the difference. It's impossible to know.
We do know that McLean and Cordy are now playing excellent footy, which they weren't doing before being dropped.
I won't argue that Gowers and Gardner were the right people to come in, but we also don't see what happens behind closed doors.

I think there's many factors at play, the biggest one being the effort of the players who played which I put moreso on them than the coach.

We are building nicely. Settled into the year now
Agree, but would be nicer if we could use the pre-season to establish what our best 22 was and start R1 with them! We've messed up team selection at the start of the season multiple times now.

Just finished watching the replay and noticed some things with McLeans game.
A few in here have mentioned the game proved he should be playing midfield but you’d be surprised that he played out of the fwd 50 for the whole game bar two centre bounces when manned up Higgins on the wing.
His position as a high half forward hasn’t changed but there’s been a change in the role and his responsibilities.
When North had the ball or when there was a stoppage, he was giving Higgins a soft tag. This meant he was involved around the contest in the back half even involved in rebound from def 50 at times. But this wasn’t exactly his role for the game.
When we had the ball he dropped the tag and was back in to the high half forward role getting involved in quite a few def to fwd chains while also having impact fwd of centre.
If Higgins started the centre bounce in the middle or up fwd, McLean started up fwd. when Higgins started on the wing (2) McLean was beside him. He seems to have a specific role while playing higher up and it’s definitely having an impact on his performance.
I wasn’t paying attention to his game against GWS but I’m tipping his involvement with Whitfield was probably similar.

Happy to see him find some form. His work rate and intensity have a lot to do with it but the role he’s played over the last few weeks seems to have reinvigorated him.

Interesting observation Charlie , I assumed when Smith went down he became one of the rotations on ball.
I hope we find the permanent spot for him , he is too good a footballer for us to lose because of lack of opportunity.
I can't get out of my head how important he was in those last minutes of the 2016 PM.

Goldstein won the hitouts 31-15, but Tim matched him on hitouts to advantage.

When you consider all the intercepts, contested marks and general work around the ground, I'd consider English to have won against Goldstein last night. He's had a huge two weeks

I think Goldstein just won the battle due to his two goals had English kicked that goal late I would have said it was even or English just won the battle. He’s definitely playing to his strengths a lot more lately just need him to continue to develop his body and he will be up there with the best in the league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back