Toast Bulldogs smash Norf 87-38. Lolnorf

Remove this Banner Ad

The spirit lives on

WpZecdw.jpg

Last edited:

I got shat on the live thread but I maintain, Schache and Bruce are a better pair until Ugle-Hagen ready than Naughton and Bruce. Naughton should 100% should the FB for the next decade for the Dogs.

Naughton has a lot to learn as a forward, Im not fussed to let him learn. He is a real presence on the move, if he doesnt mark it nobody else will either and his 2nd efforts and ground level stuff is way ahead of schache. Coaches love forwards who can defend as well.

When the team is playing well, our defence doesnt seem an issue - plenty of aerial strength with Keath Wood and Crozier.

If Marra is as good as they say, why not play him with Naughts and Bruce? We may have one of the best forward lines in the league in 2 years time.

now let it be said, North were pathetic. Probably shouldn't have played Cunnington or Tarrant (not that Tarrant was that bad).

but these two things seem apparent at the moment:

1. We look really really hard to score against. We get pressure on the majority of inside 50 kicks and that backline is clicking. The mids get back quickly and our hands are so good in traffic we're hard to pressure.

2. You do NOT want to turn it over in the middle of the ground against us. We are slick.

So much of it is putting people forward of the ball that actually have forward craft. It used to feel like only Dickson did.

These days Lippa, Dale, Wallis, Schache and Bruce all know what they're doing up forward, and the mids are so good they do the rest.

Great to see West is getting people aroused in here. He looks so afl ready and frankly seemed a cleaner version of Dahl tbh.

Schache is just a skilful forward. He'll always be a bit soft but he has craft and doesn't seem as physically raw. Especially as the second banana to an experienced macho man like Bruce. Congrats to you Brucey on a great response to a tough start. With all our other strengths you're a great fit.

The uncontested possession stat was plus 70 in our favour. Norf turned a stat into public health statement and social distanced the hell out of that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We play a versatile deep defensive 5 with 2 offensive flankers.

A deep 5 of Keath - Cordy - Wood -Williams- Crozier, and 2 attacking flankers of Danial, JJ just looks so rock solid right now.

Keath and Cordy really work well together
Sounds like Guardiola's Barcelona. 3 central defenders with two attacking flankers. The central defenders were really athletic and the flankers very fast and attacking.

Holy sh*t McLean did an absolute number on Higgins tonight. Massive reason why they were so sh*te on the outside/whenever they had the ball. BOG for me.

Well said - came here to post the same, kept Higgo quiet and had a cracker himself.

Not that Caleb Daniel doesn't get love on this board, but I'd like to give him some more. That was simply an outstanding game of football by him. Top shelf.

Hallelujah! He's my favourite player these days. I cannot believe how little attention he gets from the commentators. I find every 2nd disposal of his incredible. He seems to let the ball go a half second quicker than anyone else on the ground, and yet he always has extremely effective disposal and perfect decision-making. Part of his brilliance is how routine he makes it look - so much so that most people don't even notice it. They just take it for granted. But surely that is the hardest skill in the game to master - to operate at a higher speed than a normal athlete.

I can't think of a better person to be hanging around young West. West is already looking special, I feel like having Daniel as a team-mate will make him even better.

I'm all over Doggies for Flag.
Great win tonight.
Is there genuine optimism in the camp?
Hunter back next week, onwards and upwards. You are a massive bogey team the betting has not reflected properly.
Schache will cover Naughton in interim, no probs. Bruce and Keath and bookends is awesome.

Hallelujah! He's my favourite player these days. I cannot believe how little attention he gets from the commentators. I find every 2nd disposal of his incredible. He seems to let the ball go a half second quicker than anyone else on the ground, and yet he always has extremely effective disposal and perfect decision-making. Part of his brilliance is how routine he makes it look - so much so that most people don't even notice it. They just take it for granted. But surely that is the hardest skill in the game to master - to operate at a higher speed than a normal athlete.

I can't think of a better person to be hanging around young West. West is already looking special, I feel like having Daniel as a team-mate will make him even better.
That is why I call him LITTLE DIEGO!!!

I'm all over Doggies for Flag.
Great win tonight.
Is there genuine optimism in the camp?
Hunter back next week, onwards and upwards. You are a massive bogey team the betting has not reflected properly.
Schache will cover Naughton in interim, no probs. Bruce and Keath and bookends is awesome.

Cheers. The mood changes week to week, but at our best I think we can beat just about anyone. There's been some strange selections this year, but when it's a good safe squad like tonight, we do well even when we lose a player as good as Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back