precieved favouritism of umpiring Bulldogs games

Remove this Banner Ad

You're making a big assumption that all loyal Saints supporters have watched the whole of the 1966 GF, you don't have any actual knowledge of this.

I'd be willing to bet more Saints supporters would be like me and only seen highlights or the last quarter than the whole game and the same goes for Bulldogs supporters with the 1954 GF and Hawks supporters with the 1961 GF.

Most people don't have any interest in watching games from over 50 years ago even if it's a premiership win.
It's no assumption, I've personally asked every Saints supporter alive and they all told me they've watched it.

It's no assumption, I've personally asked every Saints supporter alive and they all told me they've watched it.

seh6p.gif

The difference is I'm not just basing my opinion of the 2016 GF umpiring on the free kick count, I watched the game and saw how much you were favoured.

I haven't seen enough of the 1966 GF to make an assessment of the umpiring and no one here has provided any evidence other than the free kick count.

Not watching whole games from those eras doesn't mean I hold any ill will towards the players from those eras, I respect what they did for St Kilda but I don't have a great deal of interest in watching any of their games or any past games for that matter. I'm really only interested in watching current games.
Does this short sighted viewpoint include the era in which Trevor Barker played for St,Kilda?
At what point exactly do you feel a games are no longer worth watching?
If you have no interest in any of the saints past games,why the obsession with past games of opposition clubs?

Someone actually did post a 35 minute highlights package of the tainted '66 GF and you were asked to review it. Others posted numerous umpiring and goal umpiring errors,but you have chosen to ignore all of that simply because it doesn't suit your ignorant viewpoint.

Instead of being a smarty pants,have you started a poll on the saints board for more detailed analyst of your assumption they haven't.
I texted 5 friends and so far 4 have replied,all saying yes.
One went on to say he's watched it so many times he wants another flag because he's sick of always having to watch that one,while another said rather interestly in this context "of course I heve you idiot,every Sainter has,I'd take Baldock ahead of Murphy every day of the week".

I find it interesting that #freekickbulldogs transcends the sexes.

There is now a real concern in my view in regards to the umpiring in Bulldogs games and enough is enough.

Does this short sighted viewpoint include the era in which Trevor Barker played for St,Kilda?
At what point exactly do you feel a games are no longer worth watching?
If you have no interest in any of the saints past games,why the obsession with past games of opposition clubs?

Someone actually did post a 35 minute highlights package of the tainted '66 GF and you were asked to review it. Others posted numerous umpiring and goal umpiring errors,but you have chosen to ignore all of that simply because it doesn't suit your ignorant viewpoint.

Instead of being a smarty pants,have you started a poll on the saints board for more detailed analyst of your assumption they haven't.
I texted 5 friends and so far 4 have replied,all saying yes.
One went on to say he's watched it so many times he wants another flag because he's sick of always having to watch that one,while another said rather interestly in this context "of course I heve you idiot,every Sainter has,I'd take Baldock ahead of Murphy every day of the week".

What's with your obsession with people watching the 1966 GF? The game was over 50 years ago and I don't have amy interest watching old games that were played before I was born no matter if my team was involved or not.

I also don't care if the umpiring was biased towards St Kilda in that game or not, they could take that premiership off us and it wouldn't affect me. I wasn't around at the time to enjoy us winning that premiership so it has very little meaning to me like it might do to older Saints supporters, If I cared about premierships that were won before I was born I'd probably be a Collingwood or Melbourne supporter.

What's with your obsession with people watching the 1966 GF? The game was over 50 years ago and I don't have amy interest watching old games that were played before I was born no matter if my team was involved or not.

I also don't care if the umpiring was biased towards St Kilda in that game or not, they could take that premiership off us and it wouldn't affect me. I wasn't around at the time to enjoy us winning that premiership so it has very little meaning to me like it might do to older Saints supporters, If I cared about premierships that were won before I was born I'd probably be a Collingwood or Melbourne supporter.
What are your feelings towards the era in which Trevor Barker represented St.Kilda?
Are you willing to show him the same disrespect you have towards the 1966 premiership side?

What are your feelings towards the era in which Trevor Barker represented St.Kilda?
Are you willing to show him the same disrespect you have towards the 1966 premiership side?

How have I shown disrespect towards the 1966 premiership side? I respect them for what they achieved and respect Trevor Barker for staying loyal to St Kilda during a pretty awful era for the club but that doesn't mean I want to watch games from those eras.

How have I shown disrespect towards the 1966 premiership side? I respect them for what they achieved and respect Trevor Barker for staying loyal to St Kilda during a pretty awful era for the club but that doesn't mean I want to watch games from those eras.
You seem to back peddle a lot and are extremely inconsistent in your viewpoint.
To have no interest in watching your clubs only premiership,while obsessing over the premiership of another club you don't support,is highly disrespectful to the 1966 premiership representatives. I don't understand how you could see it any other way.
Even when suggested you watch the game,you still point blank refuse,while even going further and suggesting other Saints supporters have no interest in watching.
Can you see any self absorption in your attitudes and opinions at all?

Do you intend to run a poll on your board to back up your statement that most other Saints fans have also not watched the tainted 1966 premiership?

You seem to back peddle a lot and are extremely inconsistent in your viewpoint.
To have no interest in watching your clubs only premiership,while obsessing over the premiership of another club you don't support,is highly disrespectful to the 1966 premiership representatives. I don't understand how you could see it any other way.
Even when suggested you watch the game,you still point blank refuse,while even going further and suggesting other Saints supporters have no interest in watching.
Can you see any self absorption in your attitudes and opinions at all?

Do you intend to run a poll on your board to back up your statement that most other Saints fans have also not watched the tainted 1966 premiership?

I've seen parts of the 1966 GF, particularly the last few minutes where scores were level and they kicked the winning point, I don't need to see the rest of it.

I don't intend to run a poll on our board as I don't care how many Saints supporters have watched the whole game, I also don't think those that haven't watched it are any less genuine supporters than those that have.

I've seen parts of the 1966 GF, particularly the last few minutes where scores were level and they kicked the winning point, I don't need to see the rest of it.

I don't intend to run a poll on our board as I don't care how many Saints supporters have watched the whole game, I also don't think those that haven't watched it are any less genuine supporters than those that have.
So your saying that your back tracking from your original statement that you doubt many supporters have bothered watching the game?
Or are you going to continue with that line of thought without conducting the simple poll requested,that could statistically back your original statement up?

So your saying that your back tracking from your original statement that you doubt many supporters have bothered watching the game?
Or are you going to continue with that line of thought without conducting the simple poll requested,that could statistically back your original statement up?

No I'm not backtracking from my original statement but I can't be bothered conducting the poll either, I don't need a poll to know that I wouldn't be the only Saints supporter that hasn't watched the whole 1966 GF.

No I'm not backtracking from my original statement but I can't be bothered conducting the poll either, I don't need a poll to know that I wouldn't be the only Saints supporter that hasn't watched the whole 1966 GF.
If you bothered to take 1/1000th of the time you spend obsessing about the current premiers,you would have your poll up and running quite easily.
I'll pm your mods to seek permission on conducting the poll on a genuine research basis,considering your busy with your current obsession.An obsession that contains many false claims,which now includes unsubstantiated claims regarding your own club and its supporters. Your original claim was not that some supporters have not watched the game,your claim was that more supporters haven't watched it than those who have. I highly doubt that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you bothered to take 1/1000th of the time you spend obsessing about the current premiers,you would have your poll up and running quite easily.
I'll pm your mods to seek permission on conducting the poll on a genuine research basis,considering your busy with your current obsession.An obsession that contains many false claims,which now includes unsubstantiated claims regarding your own club and its supporters. Your original claim was not that some supporters have not watched the game,your claim was that more supporters haven't watched it than those who have. I highly doubt that.

Plugger backpedals faster than Reiwoldt running into an open goal on GF day

3. Second quarter, Grundy pulled back in a marking contest by a forward without eyes on the ball. Ball is spilled Dickson roves and

Just watched this again. Grundy wasn't pulled back. In fact his other arm was on smith's shoulder.

He should have gone for the ball with two hands

Wood hit Hannebury in mid to upper thigh, not the knees, and he didn't slide in...
That's pretty much the only line ball decision and they got it right.
Really don't see what the fuss is all about other than a severe case of jealousy or sour grapes

I see Longmire was as graceful in defeat as some supporters of his club

I did notice that...

"He [Longmire] would not be drawn into specifics of his discussions with the AFL but he is adamant that umpires need more training. [The industry] should be putting more resources into our umpires and they should be spending more time practising their craft," Longmire told AFL.com.au."

Considering he got handed a great team, and yet has only won 1 flag and lost 2 other GF's, I would have thought he probably should spend more time practising his own craft...

I did notice that...

"He [Longmire] would not be drawn into specifics of his discussions with the AFL but he is adamant that umpires need more training. [The industry] should be putting more resources into our umpires and they should be spending more time practising their craft," Longmire told AFL.com.au."

Considering he got handed a great team, and yet has only won 1 flag and lost 2 other GF's, I would have thought he probably should spend more time practising his own craft...

What's wrong with what Longmire said? AFL umpiring has gone from bad to worse in recent years and is influencing games too much, it needs to improve.

Probably only Bulldogs and Hawthorn supporters would be happy with the sub standard umpiring as they've been the main beneficiaries of it recently.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back