precieved favouritism of umpiring Bulldogs games

Remove this Banner Ad

Only Hawks or Bulldogs supporters could be happy with the current standard of umpiring, the umpiring in recent years has been a complete shambles.

Rules and interpretations have become vague and confusing and there is no consistency from one game to the next or from one team to the next.

If the standard of umpiring doesn't improve you will just have to get used to people complaining about it.
I agree totally. The teams at the top always get help though. We did when we were there. Human nature sub consciously gives the 50/50 calls to the better team. But watching Stevic umpire the Hawks is a masterclass in mind boggle!

You need to be far enough in front that the mother of all umpire decisions doesn't lose it for you.

Hellllooooooo Wayne harmes! We lost several close ones to top teams this year, and I was umpire pissed every time. The hawk cats final I thought out loud did the cats give so much room in the Hawks 50 in that last minute because they were subconsciously worried about a bullshit free?

It's not just the totals that matter, it's obvious last quarter sometimes the umps are trying to close the gap, it's where you get the frees. Cloke could never buy a free. Nor could Jolly. Not even in our good years.

Free kicks in prelim: Bulldogs 23 Giants 13
Free kicks in grand final: Bulldogs 20 Swans 8

FK tally speaks for itself– total of 43 to 21 Doggies' way and the lion's share of 50-50 calls. Plus a handful of decisions in each of these two games were probably wrong. I dare say, if the umpiring was even, Bulldogs would have lost both. (Definitely the PF at least.)

This is just dumb. Stats back up that the Bulldogs get more free kicks, the bit about being favoured by umpires is you making stuff up.

Yeah you're right, even though the Bulldogs got the most free kicks out of every team this year by a considerable margin and had a +31 free kick differential in their 4 finals the Bulldogs weren't favoured by the umpires at all, I'm just making it all up.

Good lord Bulldogs supporters are deluded.

Oh my god. Do people seriously still believe that the free kick count has to be even?

The Giants got smacked in the free kick count because they were reckless and went high with intent. They're lucky it wasn't greater, Wilson punched Picken in the face and it went unpunished.

The tally does not "speak for itself," because it's presented without context.

Its strange how Footscray supporters say the umpiring is "fine", yet neutral supporters of other teams have all got it wrong.
But it's ok, they can mindlessly dismiss the overwhelming evidence and come back with childish comments about "salty tears" to support their ludicrous opinion.

Its strange how Footscray supporters say the umpiring is "fine", yet neutral supporters of other teams have all got it wrong.
But it's ok, they can mindlessly dismiss the overwhelming evidence and come back with childish comments about "salty tears" to support their ludicrous opinion.

The AFL actually admitted the umpiring was below the standard expected of a GF when they did their review so it was far from "fine", it was the worst umpired GF I've ever seen.

Nobody is quoting evidence, they are quoting stats. Look at the gf for example. We received 2 shocking free kicks in out favour back to back that resulted in the smith goal. Include the de is ion not to pay a free against wood for sliding, they are the only 3 decisions that were shockers in my mind.

Quoting stats isn't evidence.......given me a few examples of decisions in the gf that went in our favour and had an influence on the game and we can talk.

The AFL actually admitted the umpiring was below the standard expected of a GF when they did their review so it was far from "fine", it was the worst umpired GF I've ever seen.
You have been all over this plugger so now time for you to step up. Quote the decisions in your mind that went to the Bulldogs that shouldn't have. Then list the decisions that went to the swans that shouldn't have.

Once you've done this, list the decisions that were not paid for each club that should have been.

Then we will have a clear picture of the real impact of any poor umpiring decisions on the outcome of the game

We all know you have the time to do this, it's just a matter of you having the capacity to complete the task.

If this is beyond you then throw us another stat from a Robbo tweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you're right, even though the Bulldogs got the most free kicks out of every team this year by a considerable margin and had a +31 free kick differential in their 4 finals the Bulldogs weren't favoured by the umpires at all, I'm just making it all up.

Do you know how dumb you sound. You are suggesting that umpires should not pay free kicks to any team that already has a free kick margin in their favour. This is how you think football should be umpired.

Stop quoting stats and show some real evidence if you are capable. If you aren't up to the task perhaps you should shoosh for a bit. You are coming across as a complete clown.

Nobody is quoting evidence, they are quoting stats. Look at the gf for example. We received 2 shocking free kicks in out favour back to back that resulted in the smith goal. Include the de is ion not to pay a free against wood for sliding, they are the only 3 decisions that were shockers in my mind.

Quoting stats isn't evidence.......given me a few examples of decisions in the gf that went in our favour and had an influence on the game and we can talk.

This is Big Footy. Have you ever read match day threads? 1 minute into the 1st quarter, a team has 2 frees to nil, apparently that's evidence the umpires are favouring a certain team. The moment an umpire makes a poor call, apparently that's proof they are cheating. The mentality on this forum towards umpires is just unbelievable.

Do you know how dumb you sound. You are suggesting that umpires should not pay free kicks to any team that already has a free kick margin in their favour. This is how you think football should be umpired.

Stop quoting stats and show some real evidence if you are capable. If you aren't up to the task perhaps you should shoosh for a bit. You are coming across as a complete clown.

Not as dumb as you sound.

I guess you either missed or ignored the AFL's review of the GF umpiring.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/01975ac466fbcbf6fca4ccaee06e2cf7

The umpiring of the grand final has been found to be below the standard expected from officials at the elite level.

The AFL reviewed the performances of the game’s umpires and found that three to four incorrect decisions went against Sydney, Fox Sports reported last night.

Decisions deemed incorrect included some failures to call sliding free kicks, most notably the slide by Western Bulldogs captain Easton Wood on the Swans’ Dan Hannebery that resulted in a medial ligament injury to the midfielder in the final quarter when the game was in the balance.

At least one other slide that didn’t receive any sanction was viewed as a mistake.

Incidents that were contentious included below-the-knees contact from Toby McLean on Kieren Jack, with the free kick going against Jack, as well as a slide from Dale Morris on the wing that saw Tom Papley tumble over.

Another incident in the third quarter involved Dane Rampe being called for holding the ball, which the league deemed an incorrect decision.

The free kick against Rampe was quickly followed by a Clay Smith free kick for a high tackle, from which he scored.

Overall, the Western Bulldogs received 20 free kicks to the Swans’ eight. The differential of 12 was the biggest in a grand final since the three-umpire system was introduced in 1994.

When the AFL itself admits the umpiring was sub standard then that should tell you just how poor it really was as they rarely admit to any umpiring faults.

You got your arse handed to you on a different thread so you move your bullshit to another thread. Bulldogs fans deluded? St Kilda fans obsessed... Only thing I've seen you post about for the last 2-3 weeks. You were the shittest mob prior to us winning this years flag, it's just now you morons have realised it because you can't deny it.

You got your arse handed to you on a different thread so you move your bullshit to another thread. Bulldogs fans deluded? St Kilda fans obsessed... Only thing I've seen you post about for the last 2-3 weeks. You were the shittest mob prior to us winning this years flag, it's just now you morons have realised it because you can't deny it.

Arse handed to me how? All I saw in that thread was a bunch of precious Bulldogs supporters sooking when I pointed out that the umpires favoured them.

The same thing seems to be happening here.

Arse handed to me how? All I saw in that thread was a bunch of precious Bulldogs supporters sooking when I pointed out that the umpires favoured them.

The same thing seems to be happening here.
image.jpeg This is how. You're complaining about the umpires has pointed out a fact about your mobs only premiership glory. Free kick counts are an irrelevant stat and will generally favour the side that plays the contested game. They aren't meant to be even in any sport.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...s/news-story/01975ac466fbcbf6fca4ccaee06e2cf7

When the AFL itself admits the umpiring was sub standard then that should tell you just how poor it really was as they rarely admit to any umpiring faults.
No doubt there were some howlers in the GF however you have been banging on about the differential as evidence that we have been favoured throughout the year.

Free kicks in the GF were 20/8.

Take away from WB th rampe and smith frees it is 18/8.

Add on the wood sliding miss it would be 18/9.

That is still double the free kicks. Maybe the differential isn't some conspiracy, maybe it's the way we play. The funny thing is, your football dept would tomorrow be looking at what they can take from our style and implement it into YOUR team.

View attachment 301162 This is how. You're complaining about the umpires has pointed out a fact about your mobs only premiership glory. Free kick counts are an irrelevant stat and will generally favour the side that plays the contested game. They aren't meant to be even in any sport.
That is handing arse on plate 101.

see my post immediately before the one you quoted. It's talking detail, not deflecting.

Interesting you didn't choose to quote that one first. Your only premiership is tainted by biased umpiring.

Have you watched those games from 1966 to see if the umpiring was actually biased? Even if it was it doesn't change my view on the umpiring this year.

Geez that is gob smacking! The swans have every right to be pissed.
The game was 'won' in the last quarter, and those decisions easily change the game. That's disgraceful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back