Game Day Bulldogs v Adelaide at Mars R23 - the end is nigh

Remove this Banner Ad

Where I become annoyed is with the statement “we’ll put together the best football department blah blah blah” and this is where the boys club comes in,if the best people are within the club we should be better than what we are but we are 12th so there are a lot more better people ahead of us

Lol, zero defensive impact for a kpf, you guys crack me up.

Ive bagged the old farts who keep getting selected + Sloane who has had a worst year than Tex.

Agree

And yes - I know the game has changed but i want my forwards kicking goals

Tex always tried defending - he’s just not very good at it

I think he was only 22 short of the Coleman 🤣🤣🤣

And you think we put out our best team to win every week? I mean that is what the club is trying to do, they take it a week at a time and don't plan ahead. Unfortunately they are also wrong about what the best team is, additionally they don't plan for the opposition out of arrogance.

If you think the way we go about it is the right way, then you're just showing how little you know about this game.

What you describe is a coach/management team issue.

Pretty sure I understand the game just fine but thanks :)

Yes it is easy to dispute that, you just have to look at the way we performed and the teams we played and the circumstances those teams were in. It was clear we were average.

Yes, easy to see wins weren’t wins and ladder position wasn’t ladder position.

You are what your record says you are mate—revisionism notwithstanding.

They were at that moment nearly a sure top 8 team and a chance for top 4

Can’t change that reality no matter how you wish it so

Carlton's problems go beyond just playing lots of kids.

If you are using them as an example why not use all the teams that have won flags after bottoming out and securing top end talent?

Or use the teams that never bottomed out

:)

Yeah you really should do some research before you post.

1st of all, the little boy Jones would only need to play 22 games against the nasty big tough men. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have to play the bye....

Secondly the little boy was playing seniors for Lauceston in the TFL when he was 17. I think he might be able to handle the pretty boys of the mighty AFL.

You know what I meant regarding the season but gosh gee thanks for setting me straight.

If you think playing against 27 year old AFL talent is the same as what you described

It isn’t mean that needs to learn the sport ;)

C’mon mate you are better then that

Yes, easy to see wins weren’t wins and ladder position wasn’t ladder position.

You are what your record says you are mate—revisionism notwithstanding.

They were at that moment nearly a sure top 8 team and a chance for top 4

Can’t change that reality no matter how you wish it so

Interesting logic you're going with there.

Going by your logic I could beat some no name bum in the boxing ring and then peak Muhammad Ali and those performances would be comparable, a win is a win right?

You are what your record is mate, and beating up on s**t or injured sides and then collapsing completely against competitive sides is indicative of that record of poor form. Can't change that reality. That isn't isolated to this year either, countless examples of this team beating up on dud sides only to then be destroyed by good ones, it is a clear, measurable form line.

You know what I meant regarding the season but gosh gee thanks for setting me straight.

If you think playing against 27 year old AFL talent is the same as what you described

It isn’t mean that needs to learn the sport ;)

C’mon mate you are better then that
Yes I got what you were saying, but the whole post deserved contempt, so that's what I gave it.

Or use the teams that never bottomed out

:)

Who are these teams? :)

Premiers

2018 - West Coast - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2017 - Richmond - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2016 - Western Bulldogs - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2015 - Hawthorn - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2014 - Hawthorn - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2013 - Hawthorn - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2012 - Sydney - Are dropping down the ladder now, but previously benefited from COLA (AFL assisted)
2011 - Geelong - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2010 - Collingwood - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2009 - Geelong - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2008 - Hawthorn - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2007 - Geelong - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2006 - West Coast - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent
2005 - Sydney - Systematically played youth and dropped down the ladder collecting top end talent and COLA (AFL assisted)
2004 - Port Adelaide - Starting concessions
2003 - Brisbane - COLA and merger with Fitzroy
2002 - Brisbane - COLA and merger with Fitzroy
2001 - Brisbane - COLA and merger with Fitzroy

Wow, it is almost as if there is nothing wrong with bottoming out, it is just that clubs like Carlton and Melbourne are run by incompetent people and they selected talent poorly and developed talent poorly. However, when well run teams deliberately dropped down the ladder sacrificing whole seasons to developing players and to obtain top end draft picks, it worked out fine. Especially when some of these teams (Hawthorn) leveraged this talent to trade in more talent, which they wouldn't have been able to do if they didn't bottom out in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to most sane people it isn't, but enlighten us.
Matt used to handball as his first option ...a fact commented on by Godden

He's kicking more .....but his crab like ball movement, and 20 mtr kicks, slows our ball movement, and delivery to our fwds

On slow mid allowd .....Sloane if I had to choose .....but in reality the entire midfield needs reconstruction

Did you watch how those guys labored when the Bulldogs were in transition ?

Seriously, as a mid with that many possessions ......how many fwd 50 entries as he had ....and how many goal assists

They're simply nothing disposals
They were worse than nothing disposals.
He turned the ball over by foot that many times in the 1st quarter it's little wonder the Dogs were up 37-0 when I switched it off.
As for the midfield as a whole...the Crows don't have any 'elite' midfielders.

Last edited:
It's culpable that the vfl umps had decided before the game that footscray were playing finals. Were were only winning if we were dominant, and we were never going to be.

So you can forgive the players for taking short steps and tackling rather than be tackled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back