Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Pies by a bit

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Pies by a heap

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port 2013? So next season we'll be within a kick of a grand final? Bold prediction

I mean Port were touted as premiership favs and top 4 certainties after that season by every man and his dog.
I could see the same thing happening with the Dogs this off-season and you never know you might get found out like Port did.

Good game Pies. Grundy and Treloar were terrific. I liked the way things were going early, a tight game with the ball locked up frequently, felt like we'd strangle Collingwood but it opened up quite a bit and we were in strife but for an immense display from Bontempelli. Dunkley's two misses snuffed a lot of momentum. Wish we'd cash in on our opportunities more frequently. Too many behinds.

Swan, Elliot, Fasolo, Reid, Sinclair, Langdon are 6 players missing tonight who are indisputably best 22 players (rightly or wrongly, in the case of Langdon). Scharenberg would certainly be too if he hadn't had such a wretched run with ACLs.

Earlier this season against the Bulldogs we finished the match without a bench. Adams, Moore and Fasolo all went down, and stayed down for a minimum of 3-4 weeks after that match. Swan and Elliot have missed the entire season - two top 5-6 players at the club in 2015. Adams spent time off tonight injured, while in hindsight Pendlebury was probably never right to go. Probably explains why he spent a bulk of the match forward.

Not doubting the Dogs' injury issues for a second, but our problems are certainly similar in nature (I.e. just as we had key injuries against the Dogs earlier this year, the Dogs had a few go down against Geelong. Just as we've had Swan out, the Dogs have had Murphy out). Having a dick-measuring contest over which side has suffered more (and for longer/more key parts of the season, etc) is stupid and almost impossible anyway. It would, however, be easier and far more logical to conclude that both sides have endured similar struggles injury-wise in 2016, and both sides out there tonight were missing a plethora of best-team talent.

It'd also be logical to conclude that the Bont and Treloar are ******* unbelievable footballers.
Ramsay has only played a handful of games, but he was well on the way to cementing a best 22 place (this year and last) and would have done so if he didn't do his knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean Port were touted as premiership favs and top 4 certainties after that season by every man and his dog.
I could see the same thing happening with the Dogs this off-season and you never know you might get found out like Port did.
Mate, i know the list i'd rather have. The doggies are alot closer than you think (and so far ahead of your mob it's ridiculous). Who knows what they will add in the offseason.
Stop kidding yourself.

Not convinced they will go on and win the flag next year either.
There is a lot of Port Adelaide 2013 about them, could quite easily fall off the pace.

lol, thats what everyone said last year. Thats cool you keep saying it though. enjoy your next 10 year rebuild. By that time our youngsters who are already guns will still be playing

lol, thats what everyone said last year. Thats cool you keep saying it though. enjoy your next 10 year rebuild. By that time our youngsters who are already guns will still be playing

10 year rebuild ? If it takes that long you aren't doing it right.
I believe we will need to rebuild but i don't think we will bottom out to badly.

Great game. Dean margetts with two huge calls which just show the confusion over the rules. Didnt override a great game though

You didn't look too far ahead a few weeks ago with most of those outs playing.

The Bulldogs are one team that never worry me. They win the insignificant games but choke when there's something on the line. Bravely of course.

Haha sorry I missed all those flags you have won lately :)

Back