• Pies by a bit

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Pies by a heap

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

also wow treloar is a dead set gun and matthew boyd is SO underrated
Quite a few Dogs fans scratched their heads when Boyd was deployed in defense at the start of last year, and left there when Liberatore ruptured his ACL, but he's our general down back.

Reads the ball well in flight, disposes of it cleanly, is quite physical and organises the team from the back. I don't think we've won without him under Beveridge.

Doesn't have a deal for 2017, so I hope they sort that out soon.

Haha sorry I missed all those flags you have won lately :)
Tony-Liberatore-1997-628.JPG

You may or may not know this but this man is upset because his son was killed in one of those mass shootings in the US. If you read the text below it is talking about an individual called Elliot Roger who murdered multiple people. Just to let you know, not trying to judge or criticise anyone.

Last edited:
Frankly, it's humorous reading, Dogs fans talking up their mob on the back of scraping home against a bottom 6 team.
Your not fooling anyone.

You find nothing about Football humorous.

Pies have some impressive scalps this year, Gws cats and Eagles. No shame in having two competive games against them this year. Yes there has been some luck in both games, only a fool would think otherwise. Swings and roundabouts and all that.

My God would the commentators shut up about 'the bont' yes he's a good player but not the second coming on Jesus.

For my money I'd take Treloar over him, that play at the death there where he fended off 3 tacklers- wow one of the best things I've seen in a long time. Not many guys could fend off three players running head on like that, pure willed his way through. But the commentators barely give it a mention yet carry on about 'the bont' deliberately dropping a mark because he's so clever and the bont is the best thing to happen since colour tv
almost delicious

Bulldogs have been the luckiest team this year, no question.

-Umpire-assisted win over Adelaide
-Collingwood (first game) were all over them until they ran out of players
-Beat Port Adelaide and Sydney by under a goal by virtue of inaccuracy
-Beat West Coast by 8 after they shat their pants in the last quarter
-Beat Richmond by 10 with a bunch of rubbish umpiring
-Sidebottom decision won them the game tonight.

They are going nowhere in September.
Excellent melt.

Most overstated injury list ever?

I know some North fans are upset that the media don't mention their injuries as much as the dogs, but there's a simple reason for it. One side has still managed to win games with their outs, whilst the other has won 3 out of 10 since injury hit. Team loses because injuries have exposed their poor depth isn't the most riveting story. Either that, or its part of the league wide vendetta against North Melbourne.

Bloody good game to watch. :thumbsu:
Shame we couldn't get the chocolates, just had some key moments where we weren't quite clean enough, I guess.
The Bont was tremendous for the Dogs (the bastard lol), Picken did a good job when he got put on Sidebottom and Dahlhaus is rounding into form.
Thought Treloar threw everything he could at it right to the death, Moore was a strong target and young Aish looks to be really turning the corner.

Are you? It was a metre in front of the Dogs player. How can the umpire pretend to know what the player is thinking? Deliberate is pretty simple, if there is an option in immediate play it can't be deliberate.

And Bont did not make any attempt to actually get the ball. Deliberate means you have to do everything you can to keep the ball in.

The arm holding on Sidebottom was much more obvious and not paid though so Dogs would prefer to get the contentious deliberate on the wing and get away with murder up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gets a bit boring seeing the same crap written week after week. They need to focus on their own bloody team.
I wouldn't take them seriously. They try to be tough guys by behaving like biatches. It's really quite funny. But anyway, you know how good your team is and will be so you gotta be happy abt that.

Bloody good game to watch. :thumbsu:
Shame we couldn't get the chocolates, just had some key moments where we weren't quite clean enough, I guess.
The Bont was tremendous for the Dogs (the bastard lol), Picken did a good job when he got put on Sidebottom and Dahlhaus is rounding into form.
Thought Treloar threw everything he could at it right to the death, Moore was a strong target and young Aish looks to be really turning the corner.
Grundy smashed us in the ruck

He was a colossus

I mean Port were touted as premiership favs and top 4 certainties after that season by every man and his dog.
I could see the same thing happening with the Dogs this off-season and you never know you might get found out like Port did.
You wish! Enjoy the freefall off that cliff buddy.

Well you have exceeded my expectations this year, i had you just outside the eight.
Beveridge has gotten the best out of the team and it seems they really play for him.
Man you write some absolute BS

Just imagine if we win trade period getting Hurley and regain Crameri, Libba, Macrae, Murphy, McLean, Adams, Wallis and Morris

Good times still ahead :)

. Deliberate means you have to do everything you can to keep the ball in .

???

So that means you must NEVER dispose of the ball towards the boundary. Doesn't matter if you have two or three teammates between you and the line because for various reasons (bad bounce, skill error, gust of wind) the ball is in some danger of going out. And as you say, your number one priority above all else (IE do everything) is to keep the ball in play.

I'm sorry, but you need to find a dictionary and have a gander at the definition of 'deliberate'

Moore is awesome. Pick of the young KPFs.

Both teams butchered many F50 entries. Same old for us.

The Pies set up really well coming out of defence, found more openings than most teams we've played.

I can't understand how our midfield is still competitive w/o Libba, Macrae and Wallis. Bont and Dahl are tireless.

Collingwood has a finals-quality list. Not sure what's been missing for them this year, but the second half last night was a finals like intensity and it could have gone either way. They should go past the Roos next year.

Think Dogs are in a bit of trouble. Very unlikely they will be able to sustain these close victories which is partly down to good fortune.

Reminds me of a famous Gary Player quote, when asked about being lucky on the golf course. His response was something like "yes, and the more I practise the luckier I get".

Maybe there's an art to winning close games? Maybe not. If it's all luck then I hope we ride it through finals.

Back