News Bulldogs v Melbourne (Women's Match) - Sunday 16th August at Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a thoroughly entertaining game. Very skillful and tough, just lacked the speed and strength to see bigger scores but still a very enjoyable game of footy. I was pretty stunned when the AFL flog official at the end of the game mentioned something like "a surprisingly tough game". Perhaps send someone who gives a toss next time. :rolleyes:

Was a thoroughly entertaining game. Very skillful and tough, just lacked the speed and strength to see bigger scores but still a very enjoyable game of footy. I was pretty stunned when the AFL flog official at the end of the game mentioned something like "a surprisingly tough game". Perhaps send someone who gives a toss next time. :rolleyes:
Found what Mike Fitzpatric said was a quite insulting

Anyone surprised by a women's footy game being tough has never watched chicks play any sport.
Agreed. With the dismal men's effort, I switched over to the tough physical collision-fest that was the Women's Netball World Cup Grand Final. Wow, they play tough and are fully committed. Our boys could learn a lot from both the netball and our women's team.

That pic of Tayla Harris kicking for goal is the most beautiful football image I've ever seen. And I don't mean that in a creepy or patronising way; it's just the perfect drop punt performed by, let's be honest, a beautiful woman wearing a Melbourne Guernsey. For mine, this image could grow to have a similar esteem to the Nicky winmar one, albeit in a different way.

I honestly want a poster of it to hang proudly in my house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back