Bulldogs v Suns on main channel in Qld?

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked up the tv guide because I was curious which game would be the free-to-air game on Saturday night and interestingly saw this
Screenshot_20180501-090329.png
(This was the search for the Brisbane TV guide despite the Sydney weekender on 7two), interesting as I am pretty sure the Lions v Suns Rd 1 Q clash and a few ANZAC day games are the only regular season games to get main channel coverage since 2012

In all honesty, there is no reason why any Lions/Suns 1.45/2.10pm Saturday or 1.10pm/3.20pm Sunday game shouldn't be on the main channel, as if any fishing show or 1950's movie would rate more than the local team surely?

Always makes me scratch my head. 7 pay a butt load for the rights. They have no other live sport to show. Why not always show the Bris / Syd teams' games on the main channel to drive viewing numbers?

Always makes me scratch my head. 7 pay a butt load for the rights. They have no other live sport to show. Why not always show the Bris / Syd teams' games on the main channel to drive viewing numbers?
Yeah I hope this is the start of putting more games on the main channel, Bulldogs v Suns won't exactly be the highest rating match on TV so this could set a new precedent. Be interesting if those TV guides are actually right. Would be odd if that was the only regular season match to get main channel coverage

Sydney will have GWS v West Coast on the main channel rather than 7mate tomorrow. Think it has set a new precedent of Lions/Suns saturday afternoon games on the main channel in Queensland and Swans/Giants saturday afternoon games on the main channel in NSW
Screenshot_20180511-205750.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back