AFLW Bulldogs vs Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

I really enjoyed tonight's game and was thrilled with the comeback. Exciting last quarter. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a Friday evening so much. Cograts, ladies!

When I wrote "Best win evah" I was very aware that some one may say the GF win but if you allow, let me try to explain why this is better

Paul Groves coached that team to perfection, He was fully aware of the team he was coaching and their skills and was fully aware of the comps' skills and he exploited that. The GF was a great game but there was a lot of noise surrounding it also. The club could not see what would happen. Aasta O Connor is a GF hero, as is Tiarna Earnst and Mon Conti. Is that duplicitous traitor a Bulldogs hero? Yet she was allowed to share the dais and raise the cup

A lot has changed since then. We have been raided and depleted of talent. We have been challenged in a league in which we championed. We have won and we have lost out big time

This win in this round means a lot. Burke is in his second year as coach, the players clearly love him and want to play for him and the club. This win in my opinion was a pivotal moment in this teams development. Maybe not Sydney 2015 but that is the greatest thing. This team and this league is so young that my assertion that this is the best win will probably be disproven next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back