Toast Bulldogs Jumper Thread

The great KT was often a long sleever.
hqdefault.jpg

My memory has burnt in images of Rick Kennedy, Peter Foster, Michael McLean, Michael Egan, Ian Dunstan, Steve McPherson, Ian Morrison, Peter Featherby, Bruce Reid, Tony McGuiness, Laurie Sandilands and many more in long sleeves. Can't find any evidence so far though.

My Year 7 class gave me a Brad Hardie jumper for my birthday in 1985. It was short sleeved. A Richmond supporting student organised it. :rolleyes::D
I first read that as it being when you were in Year 7 - would explain things :p Of course it would have been Form 1 back then.

I first read that as it being when you were in Year 7 - would explain things :p Of course it would have been Form 1 back then.

Actually we call it 7th Grade. (I was glad to see the end of 'Forms" being used back in the olden days here.) When I was going through mum's dresser before I left to see what mementos I wanted to keep, I found a story that I had written in 7th Grade that she had saved. The paper was yellow, well it is over 50 years old, but you can still see the "Mr Wonderful" that was written on it, just above the A+ I received from Mrs. Baumgartner, my English teacher. BTW her son played professional football for New Orleans and Houston. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Baumgartner

Edited to add: Just Googled Mrs Baumgartner's name and found out that she died less than a month before my mum died last year. She was 94. Memory eternal.

Last edited:

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
I am having some minor issues with my scanner/printer at present. Does anyone have a copy of the EJ biography? On page 131 there is a picture of EJ and his brother Don wearing long sleeves.

Feeling really old knowing I was at that game in the top tier behind the goals.
When Billy played on and kicked that goal he was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME !! *

* also in the top tier

First semi-final MCG in September 1953, so many long sleeves. Dogs win a scrappy, low-scoring match 6.13 (49) to 5.11 (41).

2a7124bb9b9017d20c29dd1873e4360f

"So, you're not very good, but you can play at full forward, welcome to the dogs boys!"

james-cook-of-the-western-bulldogs-in-action-during-the-afl-1999-picture-id1563476

simon-mintonconnell-of-the-western-bulldogs-takes-a-mark-in-the-match-picture-id1555781

fc15f783d34daf6d0e4c28e3e7a215ef

You'll have to take my word for it on Tony Campbell. Google has let me down when it came to searching for images of him in long sleeves.

Back