Toast Bulldogs Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember a player called Peter Munro who played in long sleeves (late 70's- early 80's). He had the nickname seagull because his eyesight was that bad he went up for a mark one day, but he was trying to mark a seagull flying past, not the ball, which was down the other end of the ground. I think he played mostly under Royce Hart, and was a forward.

GrundyWilliam02.jpg HardieBrad01.JPG HendersonHerb02.JPG KellyW02.jpg LewisG01.jpg LovettCharlie04.jpg MitchellC01.jpg MorrisseyV01.JPG

Here are Grundy, Hardie, Henderson, Kelly, Lewis, One of the first, Mitchell and Morrissey.

Question: Who is that guy in the red cap and blue and white striped jumper. (I added the colours from a black and white).

Clue: He wrote a book on Footscray edited by John Lack. athletic lover

I remember a player called Peter Munro who played in long sleeves (late 70's- early 80's). He had the nickname seagull because his eyesight was that bad he went up for a mark one day, but he was trying to mark a seagull flying past, not the ball, which was down the other end of the ground. I think he played mostly under Royce Hart, and was a forward.

One of many from that era who was too good for the seconds, not good enough for firsts. Wore number 10 before Mick Egan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelvin Templeton actually brought up his 100th goal of 1978 in a long sleeve.
Apologies if the caption hasn't come out in pristine quality. It reads: That's the ton! Footscray spearhead Kelvin Templeton kicks over Collingwood's Phil Manassa for his 100th goal and added a further 18 before season 1978 was over.

century2.PNG

Three players in long sleeves from 1941. The player with number 30 in the left hand corner is George Tribe, who went on to play Test cricket in 1946-47 with many of the players who went on to become The Invincibles.

Foots1.PNG

Attachments

• Foots1.PNG
    Foots1.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 172
Tony Ongarello.. according to afl tables.
Ripper mark.

Tony Ongarello would indeed be the Fitzroy player taking the mark. I was wondering more specifically whether any Big Footy Bulldogs history buffs might be able to recognise the Footscray player's face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back