Toast Bulldogs Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it would be great if the whole team went long sleeves for 1 match per season...

Something different!
There is a heritage round isn't there? Should be

I missed this thread the first time around and what a fantastic trip it is down memorabilia lane. Thanks to all who contributed for sharing their amazing photos, cards and stories. One of the best, if not the best thread I've seen on BF.

08WBBr19DB2635-760x438.jpg

I missed this thread the first time around and what a fantastic trip it is down memorabilia lane. Thanks to all who contributed for sharing their amazing photos, cards and stories. One of the best, if not the best thread I've seen on BF.
Wow thanks! I had forgotten I started it myself :drunk:

Josh Bruce
72c96380802300aec27b136d978b2819f4557c28.jpg

Caleb Daniel
caleb-daniel-of-the-bulldogs-handballs-during-the-round-19-afl-match-picture-id1331553187

Josh Dunkley and Lachie Hunter
1630296955433.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis Young
images

Aaron Naughton
2645c17e70297de3e61d18ccd699739f

DB was a pretty good player wasn't he? And we traded him to Hawthorn?

In the words of Jack Dyer a “good ordinary footballer”. Solid hundred gamer. Started half back and got better as a ruck rover in the early 90s era under Wheeler . Can’t remember why we traded him to Hawks after his best possession season in 92.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the words of Jack Dyer a “good ordinary footballer”. Solid hundred gamer. Started half back and got better as a ruck rover in the early 90s era under Wheeler . Can’t remember why we traded him to Hawks after his best possession season in 92.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DB was a stats accumulator who got good disposal numbers in his last two years for us but he didn’t have much hurt factor. Still a good player but he was dispensable and it was probably a smart move to trade him at his peak (can’t recall what we got for him).

His numbers dropped at Hawthorn and he only played another 27 games over 2 seasons there.

DB was a stats accumulator who got good disposal numbers in his last two years for us but he didn’t have much hurt factor. Still a good player but he was dispensable and it was probably a smart move to trade him at his peak (can’t recall what we got for him).

His numbers dropped at Hawthorn and he only played another 27 games over 2 seasons there.

You're right not the greatest kick. He did get a sort of last laugh - Wheels traded him so they could move Cameron into the ruck rover/on-ball role. First time Baxter played against us, Cameron was injured, and Hawks spanked us and Baxter had a reasonable game feeding Dunstall (8 goals) and Paul Hudson (4) at WO.

Many forget, even though we recruited him from Wesley (i think), DB was a father-son, his dad Ray was a goal kicking forward who also played state footy. Missed the 61 GF unfortunately, but by then EJ had moved him away from playing deep forward.

DB was a solid player in the 92 finals, was a surprise he got traded tbh.

Both still Bulldogs at heart.

Go Dogs!

You're right not the greatest kick. He did get a sort of last laugh - Wheels traded him so they could move Cameron into the ruck rover/on-ball role. First time Baxter played against us, Cameron was injured, and Hawks spanked us and Baxter had a reasonable game feeding Dunstall (8 goals) and Paul Hudson (4) at WO.

Many forget, even though we recruited him from Wesley (i think), DB was a father-son, his dad Ray was a goal kicking forward who also played state footy. Missed the 61 GF unfortunately, but by then EJ had moved him away from playing deep forward.

DB was a solid player in the 92 finals, was a surprise he got traded tbh.

Both still Bulldogs at heart.

Go Dogs!
That sounds about right. DB was getting good enough numbers but was not damaging and it was holding up other role changes. That doesn't always mean the player has to be traded out but I think it made sense in this case.

Just checked what we got in the trade. It was pick 29 (Sam Philippou) and pick 59 (Scott Allen). So I guess the Hawks got the better of it. You'd probably describe it as a lose-lose trade but they did get one reasonable year out of DB.

Darren also had a brother Peter who played some games for us in the 80s.

That sounds about right. DB was getting good enough numbers but was not damaging and it was holding up other role changes. That doesn't always mean the player has to be traded out but I think it made sense in this case.

Just checked what we got in the trade. It was pick 29 (Sam Philippou) and pick 59 (Scott Allen). So I guess the Hawks got the better of it. You'd probably describe it as a lose-lose trade but they did get one reasonable year out of DB.

Darren also had a brother Peter who played some games for us in the 80s.

Sorry dw, but Peter Baxter was no relation, came out of Avondale Heights in the EDFL.

Edit: he later coached Avondale for a couple of seasons as well late 80s I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back