5 – Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
3 – Caleb Daniel (WB)
2 – Tom Liberatore (WB)
2 – Liam Ryan (WCE)
1 – Jack Macrae (WB)
1 – Tom Barrass (WCE)

Loved Toby's game.

Who gave Toby 4 instead of 5?! Grrrrrr.

Also love that the blurb says "eight Bulldogs". Liam Ryan and Tom Barrass to us confirmed!

That would be whoever gave Bont the 5, so probably Beveridge

You never know, oppo coaches usually get lured in by the aura of Bont, so maybe Bevo saw Toby's game in a better light, and awarded him accordingly.

If I was a gambling Glaeken, which I most certainly am not, I would throw some lazy euros at McLean for the 2021 Brownlow, Norm, B&F and Coleman Quaddie. :think:

I'm a big rap for holistic understanding of footy and looking at intangibles, but dropped marks and consistent missed shots by and far outweigh any element of that element of play. Structure is important, but pales in comparison to fundamental mistakes when you interact with the ball, whether it be dropped marks or missed shots that Bruce is struggling.

The fact that Schache is a reliable set shot for goal is clearly a factor in all of this.

The difference between a good and bad player, midfielder, etc. might be somewhere in the area of 4-5 points per game.

Schache going at say 65% and Bruce at 40% on 3 shots per game also makes up that difference if they get the same amount of shots. (0.65*3*7 = 13.65, 0.4*3*7 = 8.4 = 5.25 points difference)

Essentailly if you can back Schache to nail his shots accurately that Bruce has had an opportunity to in every game since he kicked six against North, the swing effect of that more than makes up for the 10x a game of intangibles and knock ons and etc. that might be worth half a point each that Bruce does.

This isn't to have a crack massively at Bruce as he was a good shot at the Saints and was a reliable key forward for 3-4 years there and I'm not crticising the contract or the fact that we've kept selecting him (to this point, as each new week is ugly). But lets not over-analyse the value of his game, the fact that he's missing shots and dropping marks is clearly extremely harmful right now.
totally agree...
I would almost say he’s a liability right now.
But I’m still a big fan of the Juice.
I just think he’s so down on confidence that it’s a real problem.
like other old mate said “its like he’s an under 10 with the old man watching “ lol...
Drop him, bring him back next year.
Gee we be missing the VFL at times like this. Such a great platform for good players to rebuild confidence 👍👍

Just wanted to post this on here considering it relates to a West Coast defeat. Four years ago today my Father and I flew to Perth to go see us play in the Elimination final. We did not expect the outcome that amazing game would have. For the rest of my life I can say that I saw the game that started everything.
Good memories, now lets focus on winning the next two so we can do the same thing :tearsofjoy:.

Well said son :)

And has a heap of mongrel in him
Yeah he clearly annoys Bev occasionally (suspect it’s about preparation) but he’s massively underrated, probably because he looks so unco.

Weird but effective kicking style and flailing limbs etc, but quick, agile and mean. Also versatile - not many back pockets can moonlight as premiership CHFs.

Really hope he puts his head down next season and takes another step.

Yes, been that way since about 2012 if i am totally honest, maybe longer if i am honest.

(Sorry misread your post thought you meant me.) :$
You are doing my head in.:shoutyoldman: I was just trying to get some idea of our chances for the finals with one round left - helps me to understand things when I look at the ladder and the fixture and try and work it out for myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are doing my head in.:shoutyoldman: I was just trying to get some idea of our chances for the finals with one round left - helps me to understand things when I look at the ladder and the fixture and try and work it out for myself.
I did mention on that other thread we need to tick them off and focus, our football early in the Geelong game was fantastic, but
the West Coast tactics were super negative and will not work against traditionally structured teams. I hope we can find more
gears and "hit our straps" because opportunity is opening before us like a flower bud yearning for the suns rays.

I don’t want Bruce dropped. He is the most entertaining player. You never know what’s going to happen next. I reckon he downs a couple of stiff Jack Daniels before each quarter.

Ok I am over my negative nelly whinging.

I was having a bad Father’s Day what with kids being annoying instead of wonderful and I was quite drunk by the time the game ended.

The negativity on here is definitely Corona related. For me, it’s also about not being able to go to games. Something can look shithouse on TV but be a better spectacle from the stands. You can see what the coaches are trying to do & enjoy the development of your Ryan Gardeners and your Will Hayses.

You never leave the stadium feeling crap after a victory. Relieved but never sad.

Onwards and upwards.

Oh and Naughton needs to stop sledging his opponent after he takes a big mark. Save it until after you kick the goal or you look like a dill.

Bruce to kick 6 this week.

I don’t want Bruce dropped. He is the most entertaining player. You never know what’s going to happen next. I reckon he downs a couple of stiff Jack Daniels before each quarter.

I do like that he when stuffs something up in a whole new and exciting way he then seems to beat himself up, then shakes it off and goes again.

I do like that he when stuffs something up in a whole new and exciting way he then seems to beat himself up, then shakes it off and goes again.
Like a big hairy Labrador puppy. Could become a cult figure who transcends fans' allegiances!

Bruce is trying too hard right now. Watch him go for a mark, he'll be stiff and drop the mark after it bounces out of his arms. When he took that mark over McGovern and missed Hunter with the handball was also a prime example, I wouldn't expect any player to try and handball on their knees in a safe situation.

You have suddenly made me see the merit in him. I am now a fan. But isn't Billy Gowers cut from the same cloth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back