Bulldogs World Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah thought Poland would win, but Senegal were more efficient attacking despite not controlling possession

Gutted, Egypt held their own for a half, give up an own goal and now the floodgates are open. Campaign will be over if Uruguay get a win or draw tomorrow
3-0 with 25 mins left to Russia who have been impressive this tournament so far

Geez the inconsistency of Referees at this level annoys me. Salah gets a soft hard to read push at the edge of the box, referee calls the free, consults VAR, points to the penalty spot. Then later, clearly as day, an Egyptian player gets pulled down inside the box, not even a whistle. Should have been a clear cut penalty and 3-2 with 10 minutes left.

Russia unofficially through to the final 16 3-1, cannot be over taken by Egypt, and Saudi Arabia will not win two games in a row by big margins. Mathematically can still miss out, but cannot see it happening

Egypt will need Uruguay to lose both remaining games and win by a couple of goals themselves vs Saudi Arabia

Last edited:

Morocco out in a very spirited performance vs Portugal, was the better side and had double the chances, but could not capitalize

My Tips
Uruguay 2-0 Saudi Arabia
Spain 3-1 Iran

*post game edit

Was hoping Saudis would win, would have kept Group A interesting for another week. Russia and Uruguay officially through to the round of 16 now, and Spain has secured their place. Iran vs Portugal in a week to determine the next team through, dislike Ronaldo so hoping for Iran

Last edited:
Haha what was the Iranian sub trying to do with the throw in?

You’re only on the field against Spain in a WC once I guess...

The only person Kasper Schmichael played carrying on like that was himself.

Mile has a man’s beard. He has a scared boy’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Cahill was in the box for some of those crosses I would have backed him to put one in the net.

If Arzani doesn’t start against Peru I’ll be perturbed.

Fundamentally if France beats Peru though (which seems likely) we’re sorta f’d.

If Cahill was in the box for some of those crosses I would have backed him to put one in the net.

If Arzani doesn’t start against Peru I’ll be perturbed.
There's obviously a reason Cahill isn't playing. No way you keep bringing in a mediocre Irvine while he sits there freezing his arse off.

The Socceroos reminded me of us a little bit tonight. Dominate play, create chances, just have no one to capitalise. Other team goes down our end easily on the counter and looks dangerous nearly every time.

Arzani need to come on earlier next game, I wouldn’t start him though. Cahill should be playing ahead of Juric and Irvine. For some reason, Bert isn’t a fan.

In saying that though, I’d love Bert to stay on as coach instead of Graham Arnold. Yuck.

Why cant we keep this manager? Sign him up for another four years, in a short period he ahs gotten us to play solid football, and now we will be stuck with another overrated aussie coach

Great effort, but honestly a wasted opportunity. Should have at least drawn and won both games so far. Arzani needs to start ahead of Kruse against Peru, they will not be walkovers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back