Bundesliga 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

in 13 mins of dortmund/hoffenheim

reus scores from an offside
reus elbows a player in the face and nearly gets a red
reus gets away with a handball and his cross is wrongly called handball for a penalty. auba puts it wide though.
How was the commentator? "I'm supporting Hoffenheim today."

Well alright then.

But yeah, crazy start to the game.

in 13 mins of dortmund/hoffenheim

reus scores from an offside
reus elbows a player in the face and nearly gets a red
reus gets away with a handball and his cross is wrongly called handball for a penalty. auba puts it wide though.
if i had a dollar for ever time he was offside...

ginter gave away a square up penalty in the 86th ... a bit too late for TSG to come back though.

Darmstadt relegated by Bayern, which is a long time coming. Looking forward to seeing Stuttgart replace them and Langerak back in the ersteliga.

Super interesting battle going on for the promotion/promotion playoff spots in the 2.Liga still. If Stuttgart win tonight they go 3 point clear, but still have 2nd place Hannover to play.

If Union beat Braunschweig on Tuesday morning, then they are both on even points, and both have games they should win in the last 2 games.

If BTSV beat Union on Tuesday, and then Stuttgart beat Hannover the following week, its possible that Hannover drop to third and BTSV take second.

Unless..... Union beat BTSV big, and then Stuttgart beat Hannover Big - and all teams are on even points and goals!

Plenty of drama on the final day. Auba with a 89th minute pen to send Dortmund through to the CL whilst at the other end Hamburg got a late winner against Wolfsburg to avoid the drop and send Wolfsburg into the relegation playoff

Plenty of drama on the final day. Auba with a 89th minute pen to send Dortmund through to the CL whilst at the other end Hamburg got a late winner against Wolfsburg to avoid the drop and send Wolfsburg into the relegation playoff

HSV have done it again, somehow, lol. Just picturing the "unabsteigbar" chants and comments now.

HSV have done it again, somehow, lol. Just picturing the "unabsteigbar" chants and comments now.
Lol
Staggering to think Wolfsburg were runners up just 2 seasons ago and in the quarters of the CL last year and could be playing div 2 next season

Lol
Staggering to think Wolfsburg were runners up just 2 seasons ago and in the quarters of the CL last year and could be playing div 2 next season

Yeah, just looking purely at their squad they've lost a lot of quality in that time, e.g. de Bruyne, and haven't really replaced it.

Two Niedersachsen derbies are looking very likely to determine who's in the Bundesliga next year. That should be fun. :drunk:

Yeah, just looking purely at their squad they've lost a lot of quality in that time, e.g. de Bruyne, and haven't really replaced it.

Two Niedersachsen derbies are looking very likely to determine who's in the Bundesliga next year. That should be fun. :drunk:

Not sure about that - think Hannover are a 95% chance of securing second spot

I'm still drunk

f163469efea173201eeb2e817aaee0b4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latro , unless I'm missing something, but why the love for East German Football bought out by Austrian drink money?
Just joking around with the avatar. Find it ridiculous that fans of other clubs that are corporations take shots at them for being run like a business.

Just joking around with the avatar. Find it ridiculous that fans of other clubs that are corporations take shots at them for being run like a business.
i think its less of that and more of the forced identity, all whilst trying to fit under the guise of a small club being promoted to the big league. since when did a small club get hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at it?

Aaaanyway...

i think its less of that and more of the forced identity, all whilst trying to fit under the guise of a small club being promoted to the big league. since when did a small club get hundreds of millions of dollars thrown at it?

Aaaanyway...
170px-AFC_Bournemouth_%282013%29.svg.png

Ah well, gloves are off, time for East Germany to come to the fore and create some proper competition in the league.

I'm really gutted that Union didn't make the playoffs to be honest - would have loved a Berlin derby
I would've loved to see Dresdin get up there.

Heck I would've liked to see 1860 make it as well.

So boring that the two that got relegated came back up.

Also, that reminds me, I feel like I missed something, but what the hell's going on with Paderborn? Now in the 4th tier of German madness.

Also, that reminds me, I feel like I missed something, but what the hell's going on with Paderborn? Now in the 4th tier of German madness.

Stuttgart I can get behind. Hannover I can't. Super boring team. Would have even nice to see Braunschweig get up over Wolfsburg, but losing a couple of silly games cost them in the last month.

Paderborn have gone south hard - but speaking to a few people over there, many were surprised they made it in the first place.

I can see Union and Braunschweig being at the top next year - Bochum always have the potential but never follow through. Darmstadt will be unlucky to not get promoted again - i think they are better than what they showed this year

1860 play tonight against Regensburg for a spot in the 2. Liga... :oops: I read that apparently they had the 3rd biggest wage budget in the second division this year, only behind the two promoted clubs. It would be seriously embarrassing to be relegated off the back of that. Sechzig generally is a club that should at least be fighting for promotion into the Bundesliga.

Not quite sure what happened with Paderborn, but that is one enormous fall from grace. Back-to-back-to-back regelations and now into the German footballing wilderness. Paderborn as a club always struck me as decidedly boring though so whilst I do feel for the fans, I can't say I'm too disappointed.

FSV Frankfurt have also been relegated twice in a row into the Regionalligen. A fair few unstable clubs going around it seems.

Not boring that VfB came back up for me, far too big of a club to be in the 2.Liga for longer than a season and it seem the relegation has woken them up. Hannover I wish stayed down mainly because of their fans (their antics at Sandhausen really were a blight on the club) but sadly Braunschweig and Union let it slip in the final weeks, but agree with most here in saying would of loved to see Union come up with us.

1860 have been in a mess off the field for a few years now and have a game tonight to stay up and Dresden at least built upon their 3.Liga promotion with some great performances, I could see them fight for promotion next season with the right pieces added.

Paderborn I think weren't ready for promotion and once they went down they kept make bad decisions (for example who thought making Stefan Effenberg manager would be a smart idea)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back