Bundesliga 2018/19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jatz

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Moderator #3
I've got an old school mate that lives in Hamburg. He's not a Hamburg fan but said it was crazy over there for a week after they got relegated.

sverik25

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I've got an old school mate that lives in Hamburg. He's not a Hamburg fan but said it was crazy over there for a week after they got relegated.
Like HSV or not, I thought that was pretty sad. They've now lost one of the biggest parts of their identity (playing every Bundesliga season), so it's not surprising the fans didn't take it well.

Greendogg5

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund, Utah Jazz
Like HSV or not, I thought that was pretty sad. They've now lost one of the biggest parts of their identity (playing every Bundesliga season), so it's not surprising the fans didn't take it well.
They held off being relegated for long time when the should have gone down a few yrs back

Redalert

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
The signs were definitely there. Playing with fire for a while.

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Mate it was insane. I live not far from Sankt Pauli. Absolutely electric.

I went to the last game of the season in Bochum and even they were chanting FC Zweite Liga HSV

I only wish that Kiel won against Wolfsburg. It’s so so so hard to get promoted from third place, it’s happened once in 10 years or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Not the 1.BL but HSV losing the nordderby to Kiel 0-3 at home was an absolute drug tonight

Greendogg5

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Borussia Dortmund, Utah Jazz
Not the 1.BL but HSV losing the nordderby to Kiel 0-3 at home was an absolute drug tonight

wow! this could be an interesting season for them

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF LFC KSC FCU LAL
The team I support in German Football, Karlsruhe (Karlsruher) is currently spending it's second season in the third tier, they just missed promotion last season so I'm hopeful they can go up this time.

What I found surprising is there are some well known teams that currently find themselves in the 3.Liga:

Kaiserslautern - relegated last year
Hansa Rostock - Played in the top tier through the 1990's and early '00's but have struggled in the third tier for the last 6 seasons.
1860 Munich - Won promotion from the Regionalliga Bayern (fourth tie) last season. What a fall.
Energie Cottbus - Won promotion from the Regionalliga Nordost (fourth tie) last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Moderator #12
1860 are in the third tier? Thats quite a fall
They were supposed to play in it last season after being relegated in 2016-17 from the second tier, but a few directors resigned and an investor didn't want to pay licence fees for the 3.Liga then so they dropped down to the fourth tier and won their way up.

They were on a downward spiral for a little while though in the second tier, so wasn't surprising to see them go down. Would love to see them rise up through the leagues again so Bayern has a proper local rival, but in this current landscape it's hard to see if it'll ever be a possibility again.

Kaiserslautern being in the third tier is most surprising for me, even though I knew they went down.

DEVO

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF LFC KSC FCU LAL
Kaiserslautern were a real surprise for me, other than the 1995/96 season where they were relegated they were a powerhouse of German football in the 1990's and early 2000's.

go you pups

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Moderator #14
Kaiserslautern were a real surprise for me, other than the 1995/96 season where they were relegated they were a powerhouse of German football in the 1990's and early 2000's.
They've yoyod a bit lately IIRC, like Cologne, but a club of their size shouldn't be in the third tier

Interesting how many German sides have played in EL/CL last 10-15 years but have been relegated also.

If only Bayern didn't have such a pathetic monopoly on the competition it'd actually be one of the most even competitions.

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
‘Lautern being in the lower leagues is probably the EPL equivalent of Newcastle doing the same. Big club and a huge supporter base. They got over 40,000 to their season opener in the 3.Liga. Incredible.

AFL Club
Richmond
They haven’t gotten off to the best start in 3.liga either.

Is anyone doing bundesliga fantasy this year?

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
They haven’t gotten off to the best start in 3.liga either.

Is anyone doing bundesliga fantasy this year?
I’m not yet - still making up my mind if I can be bothered tbh. If there’s enough interest here though maybe we can make a league

AFL Club
Sydney
Moderator #18
The team I support in German Football, Karlsruhe (Karlsruher) is currently spending it's second season in the third tier, they just missed promotion last season so I'm hopeful they can go up this time.
I hope they drop into the Regionalliga Südwest, two divisions between us would be fitting

sverik25

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
‘Lautern being in the lower leagues is probably the EPL equivalent of Newcastle doing the same. Big club and a huge supporter base. They got over 40,000 to their season opener in the 3.Liga. Incredible.

A lot of that was thanks to Sechzig and the friendship the two clubs have.

wadistance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Never felt this little excitement for a season to kick off as I do right now with Bayern v Hoffenheim. Might watch the 2.Liga instead

Top Bottom