Bundesliga 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got an old school mate that lives in Hamburg. He's not a Hamburg fan but said it was crazy over there for a week after they got relegated.
Like HSV or not, I thought that was pretty sad. They've now lost one of the biggest parts of their identity (playing every Bundesliga season), so it's not surprising the fans didn't take it well.

Like HSV or not, I thought that was pretty sad. They've now lost one of the biggest parts of their identity (playing every Bundesliga season), so it's not surprising the fans didn't take it well.
They held off being relegated for long time when the should have gone down a few yrs back

I've got an old school mate that lives in Hamburg. He's not a Hamburg fan but said it was crazy over there for a week after they got relegated.

Mate it was insane. I live not far from Sankt Pauli. Absolutely electric.

I went to the last game of the season in Bochum and even they were chanting FC Zweite Liga HSV

I only wish that Kiel won against Wolfsburg. It’s so so so hard to get promoted from third place, it’s happened once in 10 years or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the 1.BL but HSV losing the nordderby to Kiel 0-3 at home was an absolute drug tonight

The team I support in German Football, Karlsruhe (Karlsruher) is currently spending it's second season in the third tier, they just missed promotion last season so I'm hopeful they can go up this time.

What I found surprising is there are some well known teams that currently find themselves in the 3.Liga:

Kaiserslautern - relegated last year
Hansa Rostock - Played in the top tier through the 1990's and early '00's but have struggled in the third tier for the last 6 seasons.
1860 Munich - Won promotion from the Regionalliga Bayern (fourth tie) last season. What a fall.
Energie Cottbus - Won promotion from the Regionalliga Nordost (fourth tie) last season.

1860 are in the third tier? Thats quite a fall
They were supposed to play in it last season after being relegated in 2016-17 from the second tier, but a few directors resigned and an investor didn't want to pay licence fees for the 3.Liga then so they dropped down to the fourth tier and won their way up.

They were on a downward spiral for a little while though in the second tier, so wasn't surprising to see them go down. Would love to see them rise up through the leagues again so Bayern has a proper local rival, but in this current landscape it's hard to see if it'll ever be a possibility again.

Kaiserslautern being in the third tier is most surprising for me, even though I knew they went down.

Kaiserslautern were a real surprise for me, other than the 1995/96 season where they were relegated they were a powerhouse of German football in the 1990's and early 2000's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kaiserslautern were a real surprise for me, other than the 1995/96 season where they were relegated they were a powerhouse of German football in the 1990's and early 2000's.
They've yoyod a bit lately IIRC, like Cologne, but a club of their size shouldn't be in the third tier

Interesting how many German sides have played in EL/CL last 10-15 years but have been relegated also.

If only Bayern didn't have such a pathetic monopoly on the competition it'd actually be one of the most even competitions.

‘Lautern being in the lower leagues is probably the EPL equivalent of Newcastle doing the same. Big club and a huge supporter base. They got over 40,000 to their season opener in the 3.Liga. Incredible.

They haven’t gotten off to the best start in 3.liga either.

Is anyone doing bundesliga fantasy this year?

They haven’t gotten off to the best start in 3.liga either.

Is anyone doing bundesliga fantasy this year?

I’m not yet - still making up my mind if I can be bothered tbh. If there’s enough interest here though maybe we can make a league

The team I support in German Football, Karlsruhe (Karlsruher) is currently spending it's second season in the third tier, they just missed promotion last season so I'm hopeful they can go up this time.

I hope they drop into the Regionalliga Südwest, two divisions between us would be fitting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back