Burger King

Remove this Banner Ad

Malibu

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2001
I overhead one of the North staff members tell someone that the club have given David Cartman Calthorpe 2 weeks to decide if he wants to continue playing football or not.

IMO, I think he'll give it away, especially with his no show at the jumper presentation at family night.

I also hope this gives Mark Bomber Hilton a chance to be promoted from the Rookie list as we're getting a bit light on with our back line, especially seeing Micky may not play out a full season.

If Cartman does give it away, do we have to pay out all money owing from his contract?

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
If you see me getting mighty,
If you see me getting high,
Knock me down,
I'm not bigger than Life

R.H.C.P.

[This message has been edited by Malibu (edited 20 March 2001).]

If it does happen (and we can only pray) the question is who will be able to fill his shoes as I don't think anyone could fill his jumper.

Actually Cartman's jumper made an appearance last night - it was over behind the goals, being inflated with huge industrial fans and was being used as a jumping castle by a truckload of kids!

Cheers

Gonzo

When he didn't appear on stage last night, they said he was having some work done by the pysios down in the rooms, but we all know where he really was don't we........

Darky... all I am saying is every club needs someone to be the wacking boy... just so the rest of the players can get on with the job of concentrating on winning games...

Don't get me wrong I personally don't think much of Calthorpe as a footballer... but I also don't think the supporters have given him much of a chance... a bit like when Jason started at North... what if Rocca has a bad start to the season... do we turn on him too... I just don't like seeing species eating their own...

Shite I should not have mentioned eating...

After seeing Heavy-D at training early and mistaking him for a bum who sleeps in the old stand . He is showing little or no interest on the track . Firstly I could never understand why we drafted him but secondly I will never understand why he is on a 2 year contract

Piss him off, and promote a kid.

Go the Skull !!!
J.I.T.C
THE DOC..

[This message has been edited by DOC (edited 20 March 2001).]

Serious post, no piss-taking or cheap shots this time.

Yeah every club has much-maligned players, and probably needs them to keep the supporters fired up, but the Calthorpe thing has gone on too long.

Ditto what DOC said about his recruitment and contracting. Also, having seen Calthorpe at the praccy's so far (reserves and intra-club), I have noticed :
- he seems disinterested on the field
- looks out of shape
- poor disposal
- he put down two blokes behind the play in the intra-club at Sandy a few weeks back
- just doesn't look like getting a game this year

Come on people, leave poor Cals alone.
Damn I sjould have put him down as my favourite player on my roos membership application insteard of Hirdy, that would have got a bigger laugh.
biggrin.gif

------------------
RED & BLACK, THE COLOURS OF FENG SHUI

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by mantis:
Come on people, leave poor Cals alone.
Damn I sjould have put him down as my favourite player on my roos membership application insteard of Hirdy, that would have got a bigger laugh.
biggrin.gif

Yeah and you would have got a birthday card signed in barbecue sauce
smile.gif

Originally posted by Rooboy 96:
Darky... all I am saying is every club needs someone to be the wacking boy... just so the rest of the players can get on with the job of concentrating on winning games...

For this reason, and also for the fact that I'm not inclined towards abusing kids like Cochrane, I will say it here CALTHORPE MUST STAY

On the other hand, it could free up some space for Hilton to get on the list....

F*rk...abuse Calthorpe or cheer on Hilton?

Dammit, Calthorpe, you are the fattest link. Goodbye....

biggrin.gif

With the delisting of Tim Van der Klooster we already have one spare spot on the list. Releasing Caloriesthorpe we will have another spare spot on the list and 2 spare seats on the team bus (but one less spare tyre).

[This message has been edited by The invisible mullet (edited 20 March 2001).]

Has anyone else noticed that Cartman's lack of motivation and ability to get the ball has coincided with the removal of the McDonalds logo from the game day footy!!!

Hmmmmmmm!!!

[This message has been edited by Gonzo (edited 20 March 2001).]

Originally posted by Gonzo:
Has anyone else noticed that Cartman's lack of motivation and ability to get the ball has coincided with the removal of the McDonalds logo from the game day footy!!!

Yeah, but did you also notice a reluctance for him to dispose of the ball with the McDonald's logo once he had it in his possession?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Kaz:
yeah, he can't exactly eat a v-dub can.......or can he?????

He's probably swallowed a few already - I hear they came inside a series of limited edition three-metre high Kinder Surprise eggs, where he didn't bother taking the toy out.

Originally posted by Shinboners:
Yeah, but did you also notice a reluctance for him to dispose of the ball with the McDonald's logo once he had it in his possession?
biggrin.gif

He He He.
Jeez, ya's don't like him much do ya's?.
Poor David.

where's wally?

Originally posted by Malibu:
Hey Doc,

From some other names you call him, he could always get a gig in the next Blues Brothers movie.

ROOZE BROTHERS 3

Elwood to Heavy-D "Its 106 days till you get delisted. We have got a full tank of gas half a bag of chips. Its dark and we are wearing sunglasses."
Heavy-D to Elwood "Hit it but stop at the first KFC you see. Remember we are on a mission from Dennis. We have to make me look worse than Ryan.
---------------------------------------------

Appearing after one Murray Kangaroos game only a David Heavy-D Game review . At the Palace balroom tonight only. Hear why David Got tackled 23 times and had 0 effective disposals. Hey you on the bike. Its ladies night at the Palace ballroom.........

Orange whip anybody? Orange whip ? Orange whip ? Orange whip ? 3 Orange whip's.

Go the Skull !!!
J.I.T.C
THE DOC..

[This message has been edited by DOC (edited 20 March 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back