Universal Love Burgoyne signs on for season 20! 400 games incoming!

Remove this Banner Ad

Stoked

It will be a couple of seasons at hawthorn longer than Cyril - despite coming to the hawks ayear or so younger than Cyril when he retired

are you there Cyril?

Geez that's a crazy stat.

Absolutely fantastic!
Shaun has given the club and supporters so much over his journey and in my opinion this is thoroughly deserved. It will be a Very long time before We get to cherish another hawk (hopefully) getting to the 400 mark.

I’m a bit torn on this one, whilst Silk is an absolute champion and one of my favourites, I am wrapt that he will go on and get to 400 but very surprised that he’s been given a contract extension. Has definitely slowed and Ive thought that the game has gone past him many times this year.

I'm a bit in this camp , but I am guessing next year will be a development year so it won't hurt us to have one more year of his mentorship

Shaun Burgoyne is a legend of Hawthorn.

We all know what impact he has made on our great club.

As a club we owe it to him to get him to 400 games - no matter what.

To me this is not negotiable.

Right now the whole club is struggling including Silk himself.

He is the type of person who wouldn’t want any special treatment but Clarko must insist he is an important player especially at a time like this.

Burgoyne 400 games.......Hawthorn make it happen.

Yep he has earned the right to work his way back into form

And he’ll be a good leader for the youth

The question is, is he still in our best 22. I'd say yes. I'd also say given the likely retirements of Poppy, Henderson, possibly Frawley and possibly Stratton I think his experience will be invaluable around the club. Also given that Sicily will be out for a portion of the year this makes total sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question is, is he still in our best 22. I'd say yes. I'd also say given the likely retirements of Poppy, Henderson, possibly Frawley and possibly Stratton I think his experience will be invaluable around the club. Also given that Sicily will be out for a portion of the year this makes total sense.
Frawley might go again with Sicily down

I'm expecting him to play better in 2021 than he has this year. If you read Roughy's book then there's a quick bit about how Burgoyne has one of the most unwavering routines as a player. He would not have been getting the best out of himself this year with how unstructured this year was.

Frawley should play for another year.

Really happy with the call tbh . His leadership will be invalueable .
If we get a few good cameos next season I think thats a good result onfield .

Looking forward to the chorus of media being outraged because we are meant to be 'rebuilding'....

Agreed.

And, he's 3 players in 1, given that he's effective as a small forward, rolling through the midfield or playing HBF.

In a season (2021) with reduced list sizes & when we're lacking on field leaders, 1 guy that can be in our best 22 in multiple roles is a big benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back