Burkas, Habits and life lessons

Remove this Banner Ad

If you have read my answers to your posts - 100% disagree but understand that its pointless, Might be worth reading through and findind things about what you posted initially

You must be proud of a religion that has Imams explaining how the man should beat his wife. The following is but one video of hundreds. I can share more if you like ? But no, Islam doesn't oppress women. Sure...

You must be proud of a religion that has Imams explaining how the man should beat his wife. The following is but one video of hundreds. I can share more if you like ? But no, Islam doesn't oppress women. Sure...

You have the good & Bad in all religions, As im sure not all priests are pedophiles , But for you to actually source 1 of perhaps 1000 posts / clips to find the one that suits your argument or view really explains alot about your intellect and ignorance.

I find discussing these issue's pointless with you as you really have no idea and i feel dumber every time i read the trash that comes from your key board

You have the good & Bad in all religions, As im sure not all priests are pedophiles , But for you to actually source 1 of perhaps 1000 posts / clips to find the one that suits your argument or view really explains alot about your intellect and ignorance.

I find discussing these issue's pointless with you as you really have no idea and i feel dumber every time i read the trash that comes from your key board

Imams promote beating your wife as philosophy. They cite the Koran. Pedophile priests are abhorrent, but Christianity doesn't promote the practice.

Be offended all you like, but there's not one thing I've said or shared that you can contradict. I wish there was.

Btw, another clip from a different Imam was posted on my Facebook timeline, so I tried to find it on Youtube. Unfortunately, there's a plethora of Imams that say the same thing.

Last edited:

Imams promote beating your wife as philosophy. They cite the Koran. Pedophile priests are abhorrent, but Christianity doesn't promote the practice.

Not all imams promote wife beating.

It is to do with how orthodox/literal the stream of the religion is. At the moment, Christianity has moderated significantly from where it was several hundred years ago when religion and government were deeply intertwined. Islam is still very tied in to government and law in many countries, hence more orthodox/literal interpretation. However, if you look at countries where religion is not as intertwined with government and law (eg. Malaysia), you'll find that this "wife beating" philosophy is not quite as present.

Islam is probably at the stage where Christianity was a while back...you don't remember when Christians burned people at the stake for being witches and for heresy (both of which are supported under biblical teaching)?

It is to do with how orthodox/literal the stream of the religion is. At the moment, Christianity has moderated significantly from where it was several hundred years ago when religion and government were deeply intertwined. Islam is still very tied in to government and law in many countries, hence more orthodox/literal interpretation. However, if you look at countries where religion is not as intertwined with government and law (eg. Malaysia), you'll find that this "wife beating" philosophy is not quite as present.

Islam is probably at the stage where Christianity was a while back...you don't remember when Christians burned people at the stake for being witches and for heresy (both of which are supported under biblical teaching)?

So how many centuries behind is this religion ? You're inferring things will change. When ? It never has, so I'd suggest it's a pipe dream of yours.

And last time I looked Christianity wasn't raping, pillaging, murdering or enslaving, so I'm not sure why you reference Christianity, other than to defend the abhorrent practices taking place in the middle east. Which begs the question, why do so many, especially from the left, excuse or ignore militant Islam ? Especially when Muslims are murdering more Muslims than anybody else. Christians worship the New Testament, not the Old. Mohammad wrote the Koran in two parts, when he was in Mecca and Medina. It's the one Koran, but with two varying flavours. He was peace loving when he was weak (Mecca) and a tyrant when he was strong (Medina).

Islam is far from moderate, but moderate Muslims ignore parts of the Koran, while those with a more radical bent take it literally. Unfortunately, there are far more with a radical bent than we'd like to believe, or who let on.

Nothing annoys me more than the "ohhh, Christians used to do such and such" bs line which you seem to use quite often as your closing statement in each post...

This has absoulutly nothing to do with the current climate and quite frankly weakens other sensible points you make...

What really pisses me of is the racist card muslims uses as soon as a general question is presented that questions the faith over human and women's rights...

I get it OK... Spread the faith and claim everyone is an infedel who does not subscribe (which is hipocritical to the race card played so often)

Basicly I don't know how so many people fall for such an idioligy that does oppress woman and or anyone who does not subscribe to it...

I've read your quran and any scripture that allows, and this is just an example 1. The beating of a wife if she displeases her husband or 2. Allowed to kill his wife should she not do as she is told after the first disciplining are not for me...

I'm all for free choice but Muslims should do something about their own extremists instead of pissing and moaning about oppression and the scemantics of when a Christian burnt a witch versus hymns in a church preaching love and acceptance...

Last edited:
For the record, I grew up going to church, and I am not Muslim (and never have been, and never will be).

So how many centuries behind is this religion ? You're inferring things will change. When ? It never has, so I'd suggest it's a pipe dream of yours.

Man, only 100 years ago most of the people in Middle Eastern countries were sitting around in shacks in the desert and riding camels (UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc). Western countries have been breaking down Christianity's hold on society for the past 400 years or so and have become much more secularised. More Western countries are democratised and wealthier as well, which breaks a religion's impact on society.

You have to look at the time and conditions in which each religion exists. It took centuries to decentralise the power of the church, and it will take time to decentralise the power of whoever the powerbrokers in Islam are.

Don't forget - even less than 100 years ago, the strength of Christianity in the UK was such that it forced a king to abdicate his throne because he wanted to marry a divorcee! Such an idea would be laughed at in today's society...however it takes time for ideas to take hold and society to change.

And last time I looked Christianity wasn't raping, pillaging, murdering or enslaving, so I'm not sure why you reference Christianity, other than to defend the abhorrent practices taking place in the middle east.

What do you think happened what South America was being colonised by the Spanish? There was plenty of killing, raping and forced conversions to Christianity at the threat of death.

Enslaving - the last large scale enslaving I recall occurred in the great Christian nation, the United States of America. The great Christian nation, the United Kingdom - who do you think they had working the plantations in the Carribean? And this was all in a time when Christianity was far more prevalent and practised in society.

Christianity may not be doing these things now, but as I said the Western world has had a lot of time to move on (based on the reasons above). When power shifts away from Islam in the Islamic states, then a lot of the literal interpretation of Islamic texts will subside as well.

Anyway, it is rather unfair that you slander the Middle East in one broad brushstroke like you have. Have you even been there before, or are all of your opinions formed on Western propaganda? Iran is painted as a rogue state and the greatest enemy to the Western world, and one would probably infer that they treat their women poorly as a result - except that it is in fact a matriarchal society and women are achieving at extremely high levels in tertiary education. And what of the USA's closest friend and ally in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia? Probably the most backward country in the whole of the Middle East, women aren't even allowed to drive cars there.

Which begs the question, why do so many, especially from the left, excuse or ignore militant Islam ? Especially when Muslims are murdering more Muslims than anybody else. Christians worship the New Testament, not the Old. Mohammad wrote the Koran in two parts, when he was in Mecca and Medina. It's the one Koran, but with two varying flavours. He was peace loving when he was weak (Mecca) and a tyrant when he was strong (Medina).

Islam is far from moderate, but moderate Muslims ignore parts of the Koran, while those with a more radical bent take it literally. Unfortunately, there are far more with a radical bent than we'd like to believe, or who let on.

Most people just want to get on with life, I don't think many people excuse militants who commit atrocious acts just for kicks.

What you will find though are those who are supportive of militants/aggressors because they have similar ideals and agendas. Look at Israel - you don't think most Israeli Jews are not supportive of their government's aggression?

Last edited:
Nothing annoys me more than the "ohhh, Christians used to do such and such" bs line which you seem to use quite often as your closing statement in each post...

This has absoulutly nothing to do with the current climate and quite frankly weakens other sensible points you make...

As I mentioned in my previous post, it takes time for power to decentralise from religious institutions. It took many centuries for Christianity, and it will take time for Middle Eastern countries.

I highlight the point of Christianity previously inflicting such injustices because people enjoy pointing the finger at Islam, however you can't just blame the religion, you have to evaluate it in the context of the society in which it exists. In the countries that were colonised and influenced by the British and Dutch for many centuries (eg. Malaysia), a fairly moderate practice of Islam occurs. In other countries that perhaps didn't have such influence to Western ideas it will take time to break the dominance of the religion.

What really pisses me of is the racist card muslims uses as soon as a general question is presented that questions the faith over human and women's rights...

I get it OK... Spread the faith and claim everyone is an infedel who does not subscribe (which is hipocritical to the race card played so often)

No idea what you are getting at with your first sentence.

Second sentence - most Muslims don't have a problem with non-Muslims, some do. Just like most Christians don't have a problem with non-Christians, however some do.

Basicly I don't know how so many people fall for such an idioligy that does oppress woman and or anyone who does not subscribe to it...

People believe all sorts of stupid things in this life of ours, and people spend their lives doing frivolous things like watching men run around after a ball. Meh.

I've read your quran and any scripture that allows, and this is just an example 1. The beating of a wife if she displeases her husband or 2. Allowed to kill his wife should she not do as she is told after the first disciplining are not for me...

It ain't my Quran, I'm not Muslim. Anyway...

The Bible also states that if a man has sex with another man's wife, then both of them must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10).

There are equally stupid laws and tenets in all religious texts, it just depends on how literally a society and its people decide to interpret them. And on this note, refer to my comments above...if Christianity was the practiced religion in Saudi Arabia at the moment then I assure you that people would be getting stoned or hung for adultery in the name of Christianity.

I'm all for free choice but Muslims should do something about their own extremists instead of pissing and moaning about oppression and the scemantics of when a Christian burnt a witch versus hymns in a church preaching love and acceptance...

So you're happy to blame all law-abiding Muslims for the contraventions of a few non-law abiding Muslims?

We may as well blame all White Australians for not stopping Martin Bryant killing people in Tasmania...or White Australians not doing enough to stop the Cronulla riots from happening.

For the record, I grew up going to church, and I am not Muslim (and never have been, and never will be).

Man, only 100 years ago most of the people in Middle Eastern countries were sitting around in shacks in the desert and riding camels (UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc). Western countries have been breaking down Christianity's hold on society for the past 400 years or so and have become much more secularised. More Western countries are democratised and wealthier as well, which breaks a religion's impact on society.

You have to look at the time and conditions in which each religion exists. It took centuries to decentralise the power of the church, and it will take time to decentralise the power of whoever the powerbrokers in Islam are.

Don't forget - even less than 100 years ago, the strength of Christianity in the UK was such that it forced a king to abdicate his throne because he wanted to marry a divorcee! Such an idea would be laughed at in today's society...however it takes time for ideas to take hold and society to change.

What do you think happened what South America was being colonised by the Spanish? There was plenty of killing, raping and forced conversions to Christianity at the threat of death.

Enslaving - the last large scale enslaving I recall occurred in the great Christian nation, the United States of America. The great Christian nation, the United Kingdom - who do you think they had working the plantations in the Carribean? And this was all in a time when Christianity was far more prevalent and practised in society.

Christianity may not be doing these things now, but as I said the Western world has had a lot of time to move on (based on the reasons above). When power shifts away from Islam in the Islamic states, then a lot of the literal interpretation of Islamic texts will subside as well.

Anyway, it is rather unfair that you slander the Middle East in one broad brushstroke like you have. Have you even been there before, or are all of your opinions formed on Western propaganda? Iran is painted as a rogue state and the greatest enemy to the Western world, and one would probably infer that they treat their women poorly as a result - except that it is in fact a matriarchal society and women are achieving at extremely high levels in tertiary education. And what of the USA's closest friend and ally in the Middle East, Saudi Arabia? Probably the most backward country in the whole of the Middle East, women aren't even allowed to drive cars there.

Most people just want to get on with life, I don't think many people excuse militants who commit atrocious acts just for kicks.

What you will find though are those who are supportive of militants/aggressors because they have similar ideals and agendas. Look at Israel - you don't think most Israeli Jews are not supportive of their government's aggression?

All those words, but so little said.

There's nothing peaceful in the Koran for militant Muslims to fall back on. Christians worship the New testament, not the Old. Moderate Muslims pick and choose what they take out of the Koran and the radicals accept its literal meaning. There is a massive problem in Europe and growing Muslim communities support a caliphate. Lefties, like you, try and ignore growing concerns around the world with Islam and immediately cite the Christian faith while ignoring present atrocities.

"Progressives" won't know what's hit them if radical Islam isn't checked.

Last edited:
A wise man once told me Dont ever argue with ignorant or stupid people as they will always beat you with experience

Wowee you butchered that quote.

"Don't argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

All those words, but so little said.

There's nothing peaceful in the Koran for militant Muslims to fall back on. Christians worship the New testament, not the Old. Moderate Muslims pick and choose what they take out of the Koran and the radicals accept its literal meaning. There is a massive problem in Europe and growing Muslim communities support a caliphate. Lefties, like you, try and ignore growing concerns around the world with Islam and immediately cite the Christian faith while ignoring present atrocities.

"Progressives" won't know what's hit them if radical Islam isn't checked.

I agree, I preferred it when Britain and the United States were the great superpowers and maintaining peace all over the planet...except when they weren't invading other countries and meddling in foreign affairs.

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/?fb_ref=Default

Bad ideas should be criticised, Islam in its entirety is a bad idea. It's unfathomable that people still voice protests that it is a "peaceful religion" after every horrible event that takes place in its name... where in reality everything Islam stands for is the VERY opposition.
Mohammed (the ideal man) took the Middle East by the sword, he raped and pillaged his way across it, EXACTLY the same way the Islamic State is now.
The whole religion of Islam was built on what Mohammed did back then and what IS are doing now, it is in fact moderate muslims who are misinterpreting the texts and ideals.

Comparing religions and highlighting a few positive aspects only attempts to distract from the atrocities religion and namely Islam promotes. It is truly moronic and just logically insane. Yet it is the go-to defence for all religious apologists and the masses continue to eat it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is that the Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic. Yes, it has attracted psychopaths and adventure seekers, drawn largely from the disaffected populations of the Middle East and Europe. But the religion preached by its most ardent followers derives from coherent and even learned interpretations of Islam..

...the Islamic State regards Shiism as innovation, and to innovate on the Koran is to deny its initial perfection. (The Islamic State claims that common Shiite practices, such as worship at the graves of imams and public self-flagellation, have no basis in the Koran or in the example of the Prophet.) That means roughly 200 million Shia are marked for death. So too are the heads of state of every Muslim country, who have elevated man-made law above Sharia by running for office or enforcing laws not made by God.

All Muslims acknowledge that Muhammad’s earliest conquests were not tidy affairs, and that the laws of war passed down in the Koran and in the narrations of the Prophet’s rule were calibrated to fit a turbulent and violent time. In Haykel’s estimation, the fighters of the Islamic State are authentic throwbacks to early Islam and are faithfully reproducing its norms of war. This behavior includes a number of practices that modern Muslims tend to prefer not to acknowledge as integral to their sacred texts. “Slavery, crucifixion, and beheadings are not something that freakish [jihadists] are cherry-picking from the medieval tradition,” Haykel said. Islamic State fighters “are smack in the middle of the medieval tradition and are bringing it wholesale into the present day.”

Non-muslims cannot tell Muslims how to practice their religion properly. But Muslims have long since begun this debate within their own ranks. “You have to have standards,” Anjem Choudary told me. “Somebody could claim to be a Muslim, but if he believes in homosexuality or drinking alcohol, then he is not a Muslim. There is no such thing as a nonpracticing vegetarian.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/?fb_ref=Default

Bad ideas should be criticised, Islam in its entirety is a bad idea. It's unfathomable that people still voice protests that it is a "peaceful religion" after every horrible event that takes place in its name... where in reality everything Islam stands for is the VERY opposition.
Mohammed (the ideal man) took the Middle East by the sword, he raped and pillaged his way across it, EXACTLY the same way the Islamic State is now.
The whole religion of Islam was built on what Mohammed did back then and what IS are doing now, it is in fact moderate muslims who are misinterpreting the texts and ideals.

Comparing religions and highlighting a few positive aspects only attempts to distract from the atrocities religion and namely Islam promotes. It is truly moronic and just logically insane. Yet it is the go-to defence for all religious apologists and the masses continue to eat it up.

Many Muslims are loyal to the non-Muslim countries in which they reside, but it is in spite of Islamic teaching. Unlike other faiths, Islam is not just a religion but also a political system. The state is intended to be inseparable from religious rule. Islamic law, or Sharia, is complete and not designed to coexist with or be subordinate to other legal systems.

Muslims are not meant to be ruled by non-Muslims. The Quran is very clear that they are to resist unbelievers (infidels) by any means until Islam establishes political supremacy. This doesn't mean that everyone must be forced to become Muslim, but rather that everyone must submit to Islamic rule.
Many Muslims are now "westernised" after long ago seeking refuge from tyrannical regimes, others want to impose "civilisation jihad" by stealth, and of course there's Hizb ut-Tahrir, who don't even hide their goals.

Western society is facing its biggest crisis since WW11 and most have absolutely no clue. While the West thinks they have time on their side, Jihadists have a watch in their hands. And whether it takes 50 years or 100, they won't resile from what they consider their insuperable aims.
Australians can be a complacent lot. You owe it to your children to be more informed.

In 'Hell', is what I was referring to.

Yes, I got that, but you said "tone". There's nothing wrong with the tone.

I'm perhaps one of the few that thinks we have a genuine crisis in the West and not enough is being spoken about it. Clearly I don't mean "westernised" Muslims, but I do mean the many in authority with agenda.

Yes, I got that, but you said "tone". There's nothing wrong with the tone.

I'm perhaps one of the few that thinks we have a genuine crisis in the West and not enough is being spoken about it. Clearly I don't mean "westernised" Muslims, but I do mean the many in authority with agenda.

Don't get me wrong, I can see as well as anyone that there is a problem within Islam.

It's a very difficult, delicate situation.

All religion is ******* stupid, the notion that you should take instructions from a 'higher power' is borderline mentally insane

I bet the dinosaurs wasted heaps of time fighting religious wars and sitting in churches

That's great, Nick, but most aren't a political movement. And if you don't think Islamism is a political movement you're ignorant and need to be schooled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back