Burley Footballs

Remove this Banner Ad

2 of my brothers play in leagues in North East Vic that use Burleys. I always hear complaints about the burleys from fans and players when I go to their games to watch.

I have played in the Goulburn Valley FL for the past 4 years and they use sherrins. Don't hear anyone complain about Sherrins. Maybe if the VCFL championship games are only played with sherrins, could that be a reason why GVFL is the current ranked number one major league in Country Vic, as they have an advantage over other major leagues that play with Burleys?:confused:

The correct word is "those", NOT them!

You can't even construct a sentence in your (presumably) native language and you think you can judge Berley footballs?

The only thing that 'floats' is the fat in your head, it seems to me.

And you spelt Burley wrong ;)

After watching a game on Saturday in terrible conditions where players couldn't kick the ball more than 15 metres i was wondering why haven't the VCFL introduced synthetic waterproof footballs suitable for senior footy?:confused: The game would be a far better spectacle for the spectator, keeps the standard up and is far more enjoyable for players to use rather than trying to play with a 5kg piece of soap.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Burleys are terrible.
Played the last 2 seasons with them and they are not great, i guess you do get used to them but they float against breezes.
Played another game this year on a permit in a league that used sherrins and was amazed at how good they were. It felt so clean off the boot and i was easily getting a extra 10m of distance from using them without even trying :hearts:
Sherrins >>>>>>>daylight>>>>>>burleys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back