Burn team of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Mundy.

Only owned by 5.4k at round one.

73 points.

35 points.

Drops to 1.8k owners.

Proceeds to go on an 8 game tear averaging 117.75.

Reaches an ownership of 12.4k.

Reverts back to sub premo, averaging 78ppg since round 12, for some reason his ownership keeps going up. Currently at 17.2k.

Yes, I started Mundy.
Yes, I traded him out round 3.
Yes, I'm still mad.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
David Mundy.

Only owned by 5.4k at round one.

73 points.

35 points.

Drops to 1.8k owners.

Proceeds to go on an 8 game tear averaging 117.75.

Reaches an ownership of 12.4k.

Reverts back to sub premo, averaging 78ppg since round 12, for some reason his ownership keeps going up. Currently at 17.2k.

Yes, I started Mundy.
Yes, I traded him out round 3.
Yes, I'm still mad.

This tale would have been much funnier had you Roughy Maneuvered him after Rd12.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
90% of people who started with mills traded him out

Like darling Simpson etc they are coming good now but were ultimate burns to start the year
Nahhh mate. ULTIMATE burns arnt guys simply underperforming at the start of the season. We all have plenty of those.

Josh Dunkley and McLean were about the same price at 520K and if you chose either you were ready to feed them to the lions after the first month and half or so. Dunkley was shyt. Doesn't mean he was an ultimate burn guy does it ?
Dangerfield only 3 tons in first 8 rounds, but a 25 and 60's and 70's mixed in. Not even close to an "ultimate burn"
Blokes that underperform for long periods suck balls, we'd like to line them up against a wall and stone them but its a personal decision to dump or not.

The ULTIMATE burns are guys that get injured, shyt ALL season, suspended, or in out in out.

Guys like Rance and Jacobs were ultimate burns. Play one or two games then gone. Paid decent money and completely wasted a trade, copped a shyt score to rub it in, and you don't even have the choice of holding for awhile.

Price to Performance. Mills from memory was low-mid 400K to start with. Then shyt for half a season. Hardly a disaster, just a pain. When you pay 550K+ for a bloke who is in and out or injured/suspended, or shyts the bed with 60's and 70's regularly, that's a different story. When they play an entire season it just means they were overpriced to start OR we kneejerk traded them in after 1 or 2 good scores outside the norm.

Edit: Mundy was a good nomination. He was phukkin with our minds by early mid season. Plenty jumped onboard that dumptruck.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Nahhh mate. ULTIMATE burns arnt guys simply underperforming at the start of the season. We all have plenty of those.

Josh Dunkley and McLean were about the same price at 520K and if you chose either you were ready to feed them to the lions after the first month and half or so. Dunkley was shyt. Doesn't mean he was an ultimate burn guy does it ?
Dangerfield only 3 tons in first 8 rounds, but a 25 and 60's and 70's mixed in. Not even close to an "ultimate burn"
Blokes that underperform for long periods suck balls, we'd like to line them up against a wall and stone them but its a personal decision to dump or not.

The ULTIMATE burns are guys that get injured, shyt ALL season, suspended, or in out in out.

Guys like Rance and Jacobs were ultimate burns. Play one or two games then gone. Paid decent money and completely wasted a trade, copped a shyt score to rub it in, and you don't even have the choice of holding for awhile.

Price to Performance. Mills from memory was low-mid 400K to start with. Then shyt for half a season. Hardly a disaster, just a pain. When you pay 550K+ for a bloke who is in and out or injured/suspended, or shyts the bed with 60's and 70's regularly, that's a different story. When they play an entire season it just means they were overpriced to start OR we kneejerk traded them in after 1 or 2 good scores outside the norm.

Edit: Mundy was a good nomination. He was phukkin with our minds by early mid season. Plenty jumped onboard that dumptruck.
Any time you burn a trade for a person you pick to be a keeper that isn’t from an injury is a burned trade

Making them a burn
Aka mills

Jeremy ******* Cameron

Thought I'd try my hand at this. Have gone for players I think at least a few of us would have picked so its as relatable as possible :moustache:
B: Ryan Sicily Milera
HB: Mills Andrews Witherden
C: J.Kelly Rockliff (c) Brayshaw
HF: Mundy Darling D.Smith
F: R. Young Gardner Newnes
R: Z.Clarke M. Crouch Cunnington
I/C: Logue Hately Coniglio J. Cameron (GWS)

For a few of decisions I imagine may be a little contentious..
campaignerington; the bald prick had an average of 113 after dominating the Pies in round 15, with his only poor score being under the scourge that is Matt de Boer. One ton and a paltry average of 79.8 since... coincidentally the time period after his bye when anybody would have brought him in. There's a reason why you're nowhere near Patty Cripps. campaigner

Logue; sucked us all in with 2 massive scores to start off and then hasn't even averaged 50 over the last 5. So much for good def cover (or even a D6 for some). campaigner. Plays for RTB though so gets a little bit of slack, hence only on the pine.

Witherden; Averages of 87 and 83 in his first 2 seasons left many with high hopes for the young Lion in pre-season. Playing in a side on the rise, surely he takes more responsibility and even a few of the kick ins before old man Hodge kicks the bucket? Nope. Despite a promising start where he averaged 90 through the first 5 rounds, this kent has not registered a single ton for the season on his way to a pathetic season average of 71.6, including a juicy 4 last week. Rubbish (although admittedly tempting as a pick next year...)

Hately; "I'll just bring him in and even if he plays 2 games he'll make 150k!!!!!" cried SuperCoachers everywhere as we cried foul on the Ferrari Driver for refusing to bring in our lord and saviour. Turns out the kent was right; his score range in the 4 games since has been between 40 and 55 in a form line reminscent of the great one, Noah Balta, before he entered Beast Mode (TM). Only made 90k. Wasted trade in every sense of the word.

J. Cameron; see stevebbb's post above. If that isn't the definition of campaigner I don't know what is.

Coniglio; I admit, putting a bloke who put up 202 in a game this year in a burn team is rough. However, looking at it objectively this flog only averaged 95.2 through the first 10 rounds, missed round 9 with some bullshit finger problem and then proceeded to drop a massive turd 0 after 1 ******* minute in his last game of the season to completely and utterly * over his owners. Now he does play for GWS, who are HUGE campaigners and their medical staff can G@GF, but I think he still merits a spot on the pine.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tom Liberatore

Libba is only a burn if you held onto him after his bye (which you shouldn't have) and copped his injury score and 60k price drop. A 124k profit from a 300k investment and 94 average from the first 11 games was a win for the majority of coaches who upgraded him before his bye.

Oct 17, 2012
Midland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Every GWS player I had besides Zilliams. Seriously, I've had Whitfield, Jelly, Cogs, Cameron, and Greene all in my team at some stage this season, and all of them have missed games due to injury.

* the Giants, * Peon Cameron... and most deservingly of all, * their s**t house, incompetent medical department.

Last edited:
It hurts me to say this about a favourite, but Robbie Gray has been a burn trade in. :(

I blame hinkley. Im glad he got what he desrved yesterday.
Even Leon Cameron is smart enough to ppay pucnhable on ball.

U must regret trading punchable out though

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I blame hinkley. Im glad he got what he desrved yesterday.
Even Leon Cameron is smart enough to ppay pucnhable on ball.

U must regret trading punchable out though

Yes and no, at the time (Rd14) it was between upgrading one of Worpel or Greene > Macrae since one would have to ride the pine as I had 7 premo forwards at that stage. Originally I was going to upgrade Worpel, but his DPP was useful cover for the mids. So out of the two I'm glad that I traded out Greene as Worpel has been even better. Gray wasn't a trade out option at the time as I'd only traded him in the week prior and he was good for the first 5 weeks that i had him. Ideally i would have kept both Greene & Worpel and found another way to complete my midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back