Religion Burning the Quran

Remove this Banner Ad

Comparing your very own logic with that of Scientology.

An interesting tack to take.

Actually I was comparing yours. Isnt it a weird phenomenon that people can be scared of monsters when they dont even exist?

Biological races.

Lol.

When are are we going to get the 'categories' of different biological races right? We've had about a hundered goes at it to date. Should be pretty easy seeing as its 'science' and all.

Even you cant define the 'white race'.

The thing that baffles me so much is how can people dedicate their lives to a theory that may or may not be correct. After all religion is just a theory that has been passed on from generation to generation. So why do people care enough about it to start wars???

This differs from Science how?

Studies and tests can be conducted to confirm or dispell theories. That cant be done in regards to religion. How can we test if religion or gods are correct??? pray and hope god speaks to us (in which case we would most likely be considered crazy) or die and find out if we go to heaven.

Studies and tests can be conducted to confirm or dispell theories. That cant be done in regards to religion. How can we test if religion or gods are correct??? pray and hope god speaks to us (in which case we would most likely be considered crazy) or die and find out if we go to heaven.

Science is never correct, and no theory is ever 'proven'.

Every scientific theory must remain falsifiable at all times. In fact, if it ever stops being a theory, and stops being falsifiable, it is no longer science.

This is one of sciences great strengths.

Dont get me wrong, I like science, but dont get science mistaken with 'fact'.

Talk about asking for trouble, this nutter could end up having his church blown up.

Maybe a few hundred people should turn up on the day with bibles & threaten to burn them, if he goes ahead with it.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2010...rning_7908219.html?boxes=Homepagebusinessnews
I love the logic in this post and throughout the thread.

1. Don't offend Muslims because they're peace loving people just like us.
2. Don't offend Muslims because they might bomb us, stab us, shoot us or run us down for offending them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's HUMAN logic, meds. A lot of us seem to be pre-programmed to label and categorise everything in existence. Sometimes it makes things easy to lump things in together that seem alike. Other times its baffling.

I try not to see things in terms of race either. There's good, reasonable people and then there's arseholes. That seems to be a Universal Truth that spreads across ALL races, nations and social classes.

It's the basics of a friend/foe system that forms the root of everyone's racial bias. Just like tall people are ascribed more authority, are more convincing etc. The interplay between intelligence, critical thinking and base, unconscious behaviours is pretty interesting.

It is the preserve of the illogical, let us not tar everyone with the same brush.

Just as there are those who are libertarian in their views that Muslims should be allowed to wear whatever they please yet will without realising their inconsistency speak out in favour of racial and religious vilfication laws.
The various coverings are almost entirely cultural not religious, many stemming from the rise of Saudi Arabia and people wanting to imitate the ridiculously wealthy.

Science is never correct, and no theory is ever 'proven'.

Every scientific theory must remain falsifiable at all times. In fact, if it ever stops being a theory, and stops being falsifiable, it is no longer science.

This is one of sciences great strengths.

Dont get me wrong, I like science, but dont get science mistaken with 'fact'.
******* lol
You sound like a christian or muslim scholar trying to define a theory!
Gravity is a theory,would you like to test its factual status?

How's this working out for us now? 7 years later. Would you have believed Melb having cars used as weapons by Islamic nut jobs?

Nut jobs yes, but Islam had as much to do with it as Christianity does when some Catholic kills someone they think is Satan because the voices told them to.

There have been Islamic attacks mate. Including using cars. The two things in Melbourne weren't.

******* lol
You sound like a christian or muslim scholar trying to define a theory!
Gravity is a theory,would you like to test its factual status?

Hold on a minute.

Science, while far from perfect, at least has a method, and relies on empiricism and logic. It's also wise enough to admit it's theories could be wrong (in fact it relies on the fact it's theories could be wrong).

Religion otoh just relies on blind faith.

I'l take the former over the latter any day of the week.

Yeah but you never can know it's correct.

Newton was 'correct' with his theory of relativity for over a century before we (Einstein) found out he was wrong.

Science doesn't give us truths. It gives us 'probably corrects'.

OK, but that is a pointless when you consider the realtangible benefits science has brought us. I mean, we could be completley wrong on our understanding of electricity; but that won't make my android stop working.

But there ARE Australians, and definitely citizens of the United States, who WOULD declare a 'personal jihad' against someone they saw burning their nations' flag.

People who feel THAT strongly about a nation OR a religion are dangerous. Tolerance is the key. I'd prefer myself to tell someone how I felt and express opposition through intellect rather than burn a symbol that they held dear. Tolerance seems to be in short supply these days unfortunately...
Tolerance doesn't work when it is one sided, as it is with Islam and western society.
Muslims have zero tolerance for western culture or any religion besides their own. So to tolerate them is to invite disaster.

Have a look at "tolerant" places like Dearborn in the USA or Birmingham in the UK. Those places have been so tolerant of islam, that there are now entire suburbs of Muslims and no British left. Rape is through the roof. Western women are being attacked for dressing normally and pubs are being vandalled until they close down.

And I don't think I need to mention the mess Germany has created for itself.

I’m no scholar, but burning it may have a symbolic meaning.

Yeah but that symbolism seems a bit outdated. Maybe they should just download a Koran, copy it, then copy those copies, etc, and then you can delete a million Korans all at once.

Tolerance doesn't work when it is one sided, as it is with Islam and western society.
Muslims have zero tolerance for western culture or any religion besides their own. So to tolerate them is to invite disaster.

Have a look at "tolerant" places like Dearborn in the USA or Birmingham in the UK. Those places have been so tolerant of islam, that there are now entire suburbs of Muslims and no British left. Rape is through the roof. Western women are being attacked for dressing normally and pubs are being vandalled until they close down.

And I don't think I need to mention the mess Germany has created for itself.

The extremes of the religion always want to rise to the top. Because they're vicious, angry and motivated to f*ck, they always have the loudest voice. The moderates, being more placid overall, forget they have a voice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back