News Burns new senior assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that he's had experience under Clarkson...

...but there are some red flags.

- West Coast and Collingwood both reached grand finals AFTER he left. He joined Hawthorn AFTER they were good. There doesn't seem to be correlation between when he has coached a club, and when they have been good

- He's been turned down for head coaching roles multiple times, including multiple times just at the Crows.

Described as "a trail of destruction" for their forward line and stoppages - getting a few Ben Hart vibes, but let's wait and see.
Yeah hopefully coaching the defence is a breath of fresh air for him

Little bit sceptical now, but will wait and see

Yeah hopefully coaching the defence is a breath of fresh air for him

Little bit sceptical now, but will wait and see

I think it will depend heavily on what he's asked to do. He wouldn't have survived this long at multiple clubs if he wasn't rated in some way, but his track record isn't amazing either

I think it will depend heavily on what he's asked to do. He wouldn't have survived this long at multiple clubs if he wasn't rated in some way, but his track record isn't amazing either
My thinking as well. A club like Hawthorn wouldn’t have signed him on in the first place if they knew he wasn’t a good coach

I’m just glad we actually have some coaching experience coming into the club now lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back