ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You don't think we could find a decent volunteer to replace Roo? What are you basing that on?
I beleive we could, quite easly, But I also believe we will not get it pass the Current Board and the AFL .
Look don't get me wrong I want change but I also understand sometime that does not happen,
So like I do with most things I allways look at the alternatives before making a final decision, and in this I have not seen one name pop up appart from the one I have named that I believe will win the trust of the Crow Supporters,

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I beleive we could, quite easly, But I also believe we will not get it pass the Current Board and the AFL .
Look don't get me wrong I want change but I also understand sometime that does not happen,
So like I do with most things I allways look at the alternatives before making a final decision, and in this I have not seen one name pop up appart from the one I have named that I believe will win the trust of the Crow Supporters,
I don't know. It sounds like you're telling me the boys club culture which has degraded our club is just something I will have to accept.

100% serious - My blind Nan, Maureen could coach that elite midfield. Plus, I also don't miss his "vanilla-ness".

But hey, we need to fill our boys' club quota so maybe he does get the job.
What a crock

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
At the very least the club needs to muzzle him because he's prone to making really stupid outbursts in the media. I would give him an ultimatum. Either you work on the board or you work in the media. You can't do both.

I disagree, this is actually one aspect of Roo I don't mind. What other prominent members of the club do we have in the media? What Roo needs to do is adjust the content of what he says, as it can be a great tool to manipulate and put pressure on the AFL via the media channel.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I don't know. It sounds like you're telling me the boys club culture which has degraded our club is just something I will have to accept.
No I am Saying that I don't see a replacement for Roo's position as director of Football on the board or I don't see a replacement willing to Join the board,
As far a boys club That ended with Nicks and Kelly. Roo does not have as much control as he has in the past, Kelly run his own ship, and is not Burton.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I disagree, this is actually one aspect of Roo I don't mind. What other prominent members of the club do we have in the media? What Roo needs to do is adjust the content of what he says, as it can be a great tool to manipulate and put pressure on the AFL via the media channel.
He's not intelligent enough to pull that off. Every time he goes into bat for us in the media, he makes the situation worse.

No I am Saying that I don't see a replacement for Roo's position as director of Football on the board or I don't see a replacement willing to Join the board,
As far a boys club That ended with Nicks and Kelly. Roo does not have as much control as he has in the past, Kelly run his own ship, and is not Burton.
I hope you're right but that stuff about the boys club being dead sounds like wishful thinking to me.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
He's not intelligent enough to pull that off. Every time he goes into bat for us in the media, he makes the situation worse.

I hope you're right but that stuff about the boys club being dead sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Boy club comment will depend on who the assistant are,
Funnly if it Basset it not Boys Club but if it Thomo its boys club
But Kelly and Nicks are not governed by the Roo, and Kelly is running the football dept. 100%

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
There are some good poeple out there but will they be on the board, and the only current board member with any type of quaifications for the role is Jamo,
That the Problem, At this time Roo is most likly the best quaified, Unless maybe Bicks, Rehn or someone of there ilk get onto the Board
How does playing x number of AFL games of Footy qualify someone to run a Football Department?

It is like assuming decades driving a car makes you a qualified mechanic.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide

Sam McClure will make sure it never gets put to bed.

4g37jl.jpg

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
How does playing x number of AFL games of Footy qualify someone to run a Football Department?

It is like assuming decades driving a car makes you a qualified mechanic.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Talking to the wrong person, try talking to the AFL in general, they seem to make these unoficial rules,

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

I like how you claim definitively it stopped with Nicks and Kelly.

Who put those guys in place? Oh the same guys causing a huge amount of our boys club issues: Roo and Chapman.

It is far from over and we need to be vigilant for a long time before we can trust the club has turned over a new leaf.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I like how you claim definitively it stopped with Nicks and Kelly.

Who put those guys in place? Oh the same guys causing a huge amount of our boys club issues: Roo and Chapman.

It is far from over and we need to be vigilant for a long time before we can trust the club has turned over a new leaf.
Nicks was from the Crows selection Panel which consited of Roo, Fagan, James Podsiadly and Phil Smyth
as for Kelly I believe Fagan had a say but also at the time it was mention that Nicks would get a big say on who it would be,
Chapman did not put anyone in Place he oversaw the Board that agreed with the recomendation and Had an equal Vote.
As for future Assitant and staff that will be For assitant Nicks, Kelly with Fagan apprval, and for other staff that would be Kelly with Nicks input and Fagan.
Board will only tick them off.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nicks was from the Crows selection Panel which consited of Roo, Fagan, James Podsiadly and Phil Smyth
as for Kelly I believe Fagan had a say but also at the time it was mention that Nicks would get a big say on who it would be,
Chapman did not put anyone in Place he oversaw the Board that agreed with the recomendation and Had an equal Vote.
As for future Assitant and staff that will be For assitant Nicks, Kelly with Fagan apprval, and for other staff that would be Kelly with Nicks input and Fagan.
Board will only tick them off.

Chapman claims to work 500 hours a week but somehow isn't involved in the appointment of two of the most important people in the club?

ok yeah sure.

Whos word are we taking for this?

Fagan who has proven to be a liar with his claim he was going to assemble the best football program in the compettion?

Chapman who was proven a liar with (amongst other things) his claim that Burton would be considered one of the great heads of football and then a month later claiming that he knew burton was s**t and his non existant internal review was consistant with the external review?

These people are all serial lying *s, they can be given NO trust, NO decision they make can be taken on face value. The only way we as a club move forward is by us fans being suspicious of everything they do and letting them know we are going to apply maximum scrutiny.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Starting to get the feeling VB will be named midfield coach too.
Given the success he's had at the Eagles I don't mind it, but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Back