Burton's point - was really a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 17, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Crows
The kick where Burton look flabergasted that the goal umpire had signalled a point? he had good reason. It was a goal.

I happened to be sitting in the stand right behind that kick, such that the place Burton was kicking from & the centre of the goals were in a dead straight line with my seat. I saw the complete flight of the ball from his boot straight through the goals.

Deadset goal it was, clean through the middle. No wonder Burton was upset with the decision.

Call up 5AA, and tell them. Make sure people in SA now about it.

It's funny, with Riccardi's goal and this, plus the sun in players eyes at Colonial all happening at once, we'll have a lot of bother.

Originally posted by Leigh
Call up 5AA, and tell them. Make sure people in SA now about it.

It's funny, with Riccardi's goal and this, plus the sun in players eyes at Colonial all happening at once, we'll have a lot of bother.

No bother, it is not important at all. Crows won the game easily. What difference would it make?

It was not even that poor a decision. The angle was very tight, Burton was not far out, the ball came very quickly from Burtons boot high over the goal umpires head. The umpire guessed. He was wrong.

But not a biggie.

I mention it only as a curio.

Originally posted by ok.crows

No bother, it is not important at all. Crows won the game easily. What difference would it make?

It was not even that poor a decision. The angle was very tight, Burton was not far out, the ball came very quickly from Burtons boot high over the goal umpires head. The umpire guessed. He was wrong.

But not a biggie.

I mention it only as a curio.

Sure it was only 1 goal but ya gotta be greedy. Percentage is so very valuable this year.

Originally posted by ok.crows
The kick where Burton look flabergasted that the goal umpire had signalled a point? he had good reason. It was a goal.

I happened to be sitting in the stand right behind that kick, such that the place Burton was kicking from & the centre of the goals were in a dead straight line with my seat. I saw the complete flight of the ball from his boot straight through the goals.

Deadset goal it was, clean through the middle. No wonder Burton was upset with the decision.
It went over the top of the goal post which is a point and not a goal.

Suzi - The fact that you think it was a point would suggest that ok.crows is correct in saying it was a goal. ;) :p I wouldn't worry ok.crows as it is the 4 points that are important. If the Crows want to improve their percentage, the players should do more goal kicking practice with Jars.

Re: Re: Burton's point - was really a goal

Originally posted by suzi_olsen

It went over the top of the goal post which is a point and not a goal.

Where you at the game, suzi? Where you sitting as I was in the stand directly in-line with Burtons kick and in front of Burton? As Burton lined up for his kick, was your viewpoint such that you could see the two goalposts either side of him? Did you see the flight path of the ball?

It went through the middle. It was a goal.

As Kane correctly points out thought, it matters little.

I was MtC. It was a point. Didn't the Melbourne media give it enough attention? Perhaps we are underating the score. It could be a top four contender in the Goal of the Year contest.

The Hitman

Originally posted by The Hitman
I was MtC. It was a point. Didn't the Melbourne media give it enough attention? Perhaps we are underating the score. It could be a top four contender in the Goal of the Year contest.

The Hitman

Hitman do you really think all those stupid things?

Bceause clearly I don't think anything like that. Aren't "A curio" or "matters little" enough for you Hitman?

Or are you just one of those idiots dead keen to put words in other peoples mouth?

Is there no way other than misquoting or giving false impressions that you can mount an arguement or make an acutal point, Hitman?

I suppose not, because you certainly don't have any point at all here. And with that zero credibility as well.

Yay, I reeled one in. I was actually there. Scoreboard end of Football Park, five rows back. Straight over the post.

The Hitman

Originally posted by topjars
It looked like a goal to me from row L but we didnt lose by a goal so it didnt matter in the end.

Do worry about percentage until we have our kicking boots on.:p

I was in section H of the new stand. Right in front of Burton in direct line. Goal.

But it didn't matter in the end.

It might have been a bit more encouraging for Birdman to have bagged 4.3 instead of the 3.4 he was accredited with, and it may have helped slightly to dispel the persistent but unfounded 'Crows have no forwards' mantra, but apart from that ... not a drama.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back