Bushfire Disaster Appeal 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I read that the rules pre-bushfire (in relation to how that particular RFS fund was set up) only allowed certain uses for the money but they were looking at how that could be changed. Watch this space I guess, hope they can figure something out. Apparently the rules also prevent the money being spent on/shared with other states.

Wires has come out in the last few days, stating that they will be sharing the money, which is a great thing.

It was also reported a few days ago, that Celeste Barber had been in contact with the organisation, the money she raised was going to, to tell them that she wanted it to be spread around.

I can imagine there would be a lot of bad press if these charities or organisations were blocked from sharing funds, due to red tape, or if the RFS refused to share funds raised. It seems people are doing the right thing so far which is good to see.
Unfortunately you can’t just “tell” RFS to share the money. There’s legalities involved. It’s not Celeste’s fault, initially her target was only 30k, but unless the rules change their hands are tied.

Just want to bump this but the SFA board through NaturalDisaster , Chief and few other great citizens, are raising funds for the appeal as well. The point of difference is that it will come from BigFooty as a whole.

It does not matter where the funds come from to support our suffering brothers and sisters but that it comes.

All we are asking is for gold coin donations, reach into your pockets and give a few goldies. It may make the whole world of difference.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back