Bushfire Disaster Appeal 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Dayne Beams has been in the news lately for reasons that should be none of our bees wax, but this is an incredibly kind and selfless gesture, one that is greatly appreciated and makes me even more angry, all the bad mouthing he has copped on the Collingwood board from so called 'Pies Fan's

Dayne Beams has been in the news lately for reasons that should be none of our bees wax, but this is an incredibly kind and selfless gesture, one that is greatly appreciated and makes me even more angry, all the bad mouthing he has copped on the Collingwood board from so called 'Pies Fan's

If the rumours are true, then the guy really needs to get away from footy and get things sorted out in his personal life.
But as you said, its a fantastic gesture not alot of footballers would be willing to make.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I saw some of the donation amounts pop up in my Facebook feed, Instagram and all that jazz and it’s fantastic, I do wonder though if most people read, where their money is going. I was talking to my partner about whether it’s ok to feel a little envious of the RFS as they are up to over $25,000,000 but I haven’t seen much reported about the CFA appeal. Lots of my friends had donated and I wonder if they knew it was for the NSW appeal.

I also read this morning that one of the NSW wildlife funds, I think it was called WIRES was up to $9M and the Vic equivalent was just over $1M.

I hope people read where their cash is going and hopefully the $$$$$ end up in the all the communities that need them.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I am trapped at home. Too smoky for poor asthmatic me.

I got to thinking. What does the club have by way of a green energy policy? Do they have solar panels at visy or something.

Can we, as a supporter base lean on the club to get some movement on this.

I know people think this is politics, but it isn't, this is climate change, it is happening and it is terrifying. I want to try and do something.

No solar as far as I’m aware, a few dirty sub stations that don’t get enough love inside the ground though.
Hopefully a part of the new upgrade

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Well done CFC Cheer Squad! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

CHEERSQUAD RAFFLE PRIZES

First prize:
Two tickets to Round 1 plus an on-field experience
Second prize: Carlton 2020 home-and-away, general admission membership
Third prize: $50 Carlton Shop voucher
Fourth prize: Matthew Kreuzer signed football
Fifth prize: Patrick Cripps bobblehead
Sixth prize: Katie Loynes and Breann Moody bobblehead
Seventh prize: Junior Blues hamper
Eighth prize: $50 St Derby cafe voucher
Ninth prize: Sweets and treats hamper

Raffle will end on Monday 20 January at 7pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Blazeaid are a good'n if people are confused and don't want to donate at a state organisation level...they turn up wherever needed, long after the cameras have left, have no polotical or religious affiliation, no cumbersome administrative arm to fund, and they do an incredible amount of good.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
first prize costs more than second prize? either the seats are whiz or the on-ground experience includes smoking it in the hovercraft with nina and the cap.....

Reminds me of the time Homer Simpson was crestfallen when he lost 2nd prize in the school raffle to Ned Flanders who got a shoe buffer (which Homer already had one of, but still grumbled anyway, but won the first prize, a ride on the Duff Blimp, which he then sold to boost his daughter's fragile self-esteem.
Dunno what the point of this analogy is, except that sometimes what we most want/crave in a prize draw, isn't necessarily what we need

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Aside from the loss of human life and property (which is a tragedy that goes without saying), what upsets me most about these fires is the damage/harm it has done to our national wildlifd and fauna (read a recent article in the last few hours that this event potentially could make the Koalas extinct)

Been trying to stay time off Facebook recently cause I keep seeing distressing photos of poor Kangaroos burnt to death etc (on pages like Ladbible etc)

Imagine an Australia without Koalas (or Kangaroos for that matter) ?

But there have also been countless number of selfless heroes who have gone above and beyond saving and or giving much needed aide to our hurting wildlife, and I do feel heartened by them.

Blazeaid are a good'n if people are confused and don't want to donate at a state organisation level...they turn up wherever needed, long after the cameras have left, have no polotical or religious affiliation, no cumbersome administrative arm to fund, and they do an incredible amount of good.
True very good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back